• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
More info please.. what are you using to put a rom on the phone... if you are using cwm did you get it from this area of this forum or elsewhere (please provide link). What message is it giving you besides aborted?

If the error is md5 mismatch please make sure you are unzipping the zipped file on your computer before transferring it to your phone. Some people have experienced issues by unzipping the file on their phones. Also if the md5 error persists keep trying and perhaps try with a different cable... md5 means the files are not what they are supposed to be and it is protecting you from a bad flash (ie: files may have become corrupted during transfer..)

Upvote 0
If you're rooted already then you have cmw. First unzip the backup to a folder. Then boot into cmw (hold down power button + volume down). Next go to restore. Then select the folder you just unzipped to. Select yes. Wait for everything to install. Select reboot. Done. Hope that helps. :)

Root != CWM

Rooting your phone is just pushing a su binary and Superuser.apk. Installing CWM is a separate process.

Reactions: smith058
Upvote 0
Root doesn't = cmw, but I think the root method posted in the forum installs it.
Edit: in case I'm wrong about cwm being automatically installed. Here is the link to the cwm thread. [ACS] Clockwork Mod Recovery for Transform Ultra - Android Forums

The posted root method may install CWM, but I wanted to make sure no one got confused if they used another method. For example, I used the original zergRush exploit the manual (ADB) way and had to install CWM myself :)

Upvote 0
ok i downloaded a rom from rom manager from toadlife(CleanGB 1.1.2) and when thats done i reboot into recovery then i go down into install zip from sdcard then i choose zip from sdcard then i scroll down into clockworkmod/ folder then i click download choose the rom the it restarts and nothing happens

Upvote 0
ok i downloaded a rom from rom manager from toadlife(CleanGB 1.1.2) and when thats done i reboot into recovery then i go down into install zip from sdcard then i choose zip from sdcard then i scroll down into clockworkmod/ folder then i click download choose the rom the it restarts and nothing happens

You can't use any of the rom's from rom manager on our phones. You're on the right track, but you'll want to stick with the rom's in this forum. I don't know of any other forums with people dev'ing for our phone.

Upvote 0
I think each rom installs differently, but I think with most of them you have to unzip the rom to the backup folder first, then select restore, then select the desired rom. If that is what you are doing, then you would get some error message. I don't think that "nothing" would happen. Are you getting an error message?

Upvote 0
Glad it worked for you. Now for the bad news. Your texts are gone. The rom you choose is up to you. Everyone likes their rom of choice for different reasons. Best suggestion is to just comb through the threads for each rom & try them out. Now more bad news...unless you already backed them up, your apps are gone to. You'll have to re-dl them. Remember read through the forums. The guys here are great and they are all willing to help if you get stuck, but you gotta do your part first (read the forums) :)

Upvote 0
ok thats cool how do i delete the all the apps that came with the rom

I'd recommend Titanium Backup for that... not only will it allow you to uninstall system apps (be careful doing that... and read about what you are uninstalling before you do it... ask questions before doing it if you are unsure) but it will also let you back up your apps and settings and even your messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones