• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Punisher 0.1 | BIG RELEASE | LG ALLY | VZC | SUPER FAST | STABLE | ANDROID 2.1 | THEMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, having tried Velocity, then Raptor, then back to Velocity, i preferred this rom the best. i just like the feel of it, i suppose. Having never fully utilized a2sd, i was following Death's instructions earlier in this post (which i've never been able to find anyone just line it out step by step like he did - thanks!), and here's the problem i'm encountering. When i partition my sd card and reboot, i get stuck in a boot loop. Without fail, i try wiping cache and dalvik, but to no avail. The only way i can get around it is when i wipe data. Then i have to go all the way thru the intro (touch the android, etc.).

Is this part of partitioning? Bc the most annoying thing really is it resets all my apps, and i have to re-enter all my info.

Also, i'm mostly familiar with clockwork and Rom Manager, and i can't for the life of me figure how to wipe the sd-ext using that recovery. i like how drellisdee makes that clearly available, so do i just need to familiarize with that recovery?

You guys are all awesome. My phone's been rooted for about a month and have learned SO MUCH thru these forums.

Upvote 0
I'm running Punisher and tonight I got this funky icon which I've never seen before. What is it?

snap20101223_002927.png

Upvote 0
I have a problem apparently...i just reinstalled punisher today, partitioned the sd card first, formatted ext, flashed the rom, all according to instructions, now it shows only 47 mb memory free, after doing cachesd also on the dalvik cache.using terminal, ls -l /data shows the paths for app, app-private, and dalvik-cache all going to system/sd. wtf? lol

Nevermind...think I fixed it...did a "a2sd reinstall" command in terminal, phone rebooted, now show 140 mb free, just like b4 i had punisher and was using darktremorz a2sd. I think what i did wrong was reinstall everything with titanium backup instead of installing from the market or apk's.

Out of curiosity, anyone else have this issue? Or just me?

Upvote 0
Thats why you need to remember to wipe that partition even after formatting it. And should not restore apps from a titanium back-up if trying to use a2sd. glad you got it fixed though

I just recently started using Titanium Backup when I started using the Punisher ROM; but I've had no problems when restoring apps at all, and I'm always using a2sd. Maybe because I only restore the app+data on a few apps that I don't want to have to enter everything again manually.

I always wipe my sd-ext twice though. It's always good to find out new things and I will take it into consideration. Just thought I'd share my experiences.

Upvote 0
thanks, but scanning that only takes you to the Market where the app used to be, and says it doesn't exist. i could have SWORN i had the apk in a file somewhere, but i do not.... : /

i tried using backup assistant when i flashed punisher but it would not sync right. what i did was export my contacts from the vzw webpage and sync them with google. it is so much easier to maintain them now.

Upvote 0
This is a great rom thank you so so much! I was wondering if I could post suggestion here.

The list of contacts when scrolling, the letters are hard to see since the font and the background of the alphabets are black. is there a way to fix that my self? or would it be fixed on next release? i like the red push button, maybe a red font? xD

Upvote 0
Have you tried re flashing or getting pushing the youtube app to your phone again?

I tried pushing different versions of youtube. I tried reflashing..the only thing i havent tried is wiping data and caches before reflashing.

More info: It only fc's if I sign in, and it always runs fine the first time. If I close and re open it, fc fc fc.

Edit: I'm reading about this "next release"...approximately when can we expect it? I know better than to try to rush a dev at his art, but I'm just curious is all.

Upvote 0
I have installed the punisher rom and have been getting random activity browser force closes. I have tried to wait it out but after five mins I just pull the battery. I have wipe cache, dalvik, and data before flashing formated and wiped sd card before install. Not sure what is happening jsut thought I would ask if anyone else is having this issue. I have it on 2 allys mine and gf's phone.

Also on my phone I came over from Velocity .3 and since I flashed punisher , I still have the about V on my phone. which I thought was strange since I wiped everything and started over.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I really love this ROM. A few things I've noticed, and without more info this may be useless, but I'll put it out there in case others notice.

1). I suddenly started to get occasion reboots and bootloops. The first few days were smooth as silk, blazing fast, etc, but now at least once a day the phone randomly boots, and the last two days I've had to pull the battery because when it randomly boots it loops. Any thoughts on what might cause that? Is it build up of data in the cache or anything?

2). I get random loss of SD card. Occasionally the phone will say SD card not found. This has happened twice in the last 2 days. It had never happened before on this phone. It seems to be only when I try to use the gallery or camera, and once I reboot, its fine again for a while.

Other than those two issues... again, this ROM is amazing. It just feels like what the stock ROM should have been. My girlfriends phone is now running Velocity .4 now, so it'll be interesting to compare them for a few days.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones