• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Quattrimus JB (CM10, AOKP41)

Running AOKP41

I'm having an issue with the built in app manager. Every time I pause on one of the lists for more than 10 second seconds, the phone freezes and I have to pull the battery to reboot. I've had this happen every time I do this 5 times now.

Other than that, I have GPS but it does not seem to want to get more accurate than about 700ft and that takes about 30 seconds, but as I only really needs location for weather, that works for me just fine.

Edit: Call volume seems fine for me as well. I am having some trouble getting the overclocking of the CPU to stick through reboots. Data has been rock solid so far, not a single issue. I live in a 3G area though so I'll update this weekend when I head into work. I'll have 4G there.

Nothing I've tried has let me connect to the computer as storage. Battery life is pretty good for as much as i've been using it. When not in use, I only lost 2% over about 6 hours.

Upvote 0
I could not get GPS to work on AOKP41. Based on what some of the others had said I thought maybe it was because I flashed straight from CM9 (with a full wipe, of course) so I wiped everything and restored a nandroid of Eclipse. Tested GPS, worked great, 13 satellites, accuracy 16 feet. Left GPS on, rebooted to recovery, wiped data/cache/dalvik, installed AOKP41, fixed permissions, wiped cache/dalvik, installed Gapps, fixed permissions, wiped cache/dalvik, and rebooted. Downloaded GPS Test and it came right up with 14 in view, 10 in use, accuracy 16 feet. Both the GPS satellites and Wi-Fi/mobile network have to be checked and I didn't touch the GPS source.

Thought that might help those of you trying to get it to work. Guessing all those steps really aren't necessary but they worked for me!

Update: Just to see if it would work, I restored my AOKP41 nandroid and GPS comes right up! Actually seems to work better, works without the Wi-Fi /mobile network being checked.

Upvote 0
So as I suspected, I don't have gps on cm10 either.

Intetesting, I wasn't crazy...aokp 40 was faster than 41.

Antutu scores (all CPU @ 1.512 w/ interactive gov, with a full battery):
Aokp40: 8214
Aokp41: 6943
Cm10: 7391

I'm using cm10 for now, since its faster and more responsive.

Btw, for those complaining about the tcdma...on aokp, you can customize that text under rim controls.

Upvote 0
Okay so today my gf had to make an emergency call, but when she called she could hear the other person but not the other way around. Other person couldn't hear her. While that happened her phone screen would not turn on and there was no way for her to hang up. Had to do a battery pull. Anyone had this happen to them??

people can hear me but say it sounds echoy. I might go back to cm9 until it gets worked out. No screen problems here.

Upvote 0
Quick report from me - running AOKP41...very smooth - calls, sms, mms, gps, 4g, working great.

- wifi tether not working, built in or wifi-tether TrevE (I am on unlimited data plan if it matters)
- USB connection other than debug not working (adb working after manually installing drivers on pc)
Code:
12-18 16:31:10.159 E/UsbDeviceManager(  492): waitForState(mass_storage) FAILED
12-18 16:31:10.159 E/UsbDeviceManager(  492): Failed to switch persistent USB config to mass_storage
Have not messed with camera, video recording/playing,

Got my first vzwnmn text after trying wifi tether for the first time, in case that means anything.

Thanks again devs for all your work.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to decrease sensitivity of the mic? It seems like everyone who I talk with complains about the extremely high level of background noises while I'm on CM10 (I haven't experienced this problem on stock ICS). I have to keep the phone absolutely steady while I'm talking as it picks up the slightest noises when I move it against my face. I also noticed if I talk at a distance of about 1 foot away from the phone, voice distortion is greatly reduced. Mic is way too sensitive.

BTW, this Rom is great otherwise.

Upvote 0
So as I suspected, I don't have gps on cm10 either.

Intetesting, I wasn't crazy...aokp 40 was faster than 41.

Antutu scores (all CPU @ 1.512 w/ interactive gov, with a full battery):
Aokp40: 8214
Aokp41: 6943
Cm10: 7391

I'm using cm10 for now, since its faster and more responsive.

Btw, for those complaining about the tcdma...on aokp, you can customize that text under rim controls.

I just got 6700 on antutu with aokp41 :[

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The "udp connect: udp not implemented" message seems to be absent in the good gps logcat. Near as I can tell this comes from a failed connect on /dev/socket/qmux_radio/qmux_connect_socket. On the loaner phone, the connect attempt gets ENOENT then EACCES. I don't see how any lingering dirty data could affect a socket in /dev. The only other thing I can come up with is a race condition. Very confusing and frustrating...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones