• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Quattrimus JB (CM10, AOKP41)

I noticed that when using voice or video calling through gchat, the mic doesn't seem to work (so I can hear them, they can't hear me).

This still happens on the 10.1 beta4; I haven't tried the M2 release yet.

Any one else have this problem?

I brought this up before, but Viber(also a voip like app) doesnt seem to work for me too. Could be related..

Upvote 0
TDM or someone...yes i know im should be running 10.1 lol. I didnt want to have to dig thru 20 some pages here so is the USB debugging working on this rom? I enabled the debugging etc, checked icon display but am getting nothing. I got the drivers installed as well. Any hints/tricks that Im overlooking?

Run whatever you like. That's the beauty of android. :)

I can't speak to the USB debugging issue as I run a real os on my desktop. :p But I think the switch to ndis probably confused the vzw driver.

Reactions: admn81
Upvote 0
TDM or someone...yes i know im should be running 10.1 lol. I didnt want to have to dig thru 20 some pages here so is the USB debugging working on this rom? I enabled the debugging etc, checked icon display but am getting nothing. I got the drivers installed as well. Any hints/tricks that Im overlooking?

use usbdeview View any installed/connected USB device on your system

Disconnect your phone, see what devices show as connected (sort by the connected column)

Connect your phone, see what devices show as connected. Right click the newly connected ones and uninstall.

Reboot

Reinstall the drivers.

win.

Upvote 0
searching for gps... no success...should i flash to a diff stock? if so can u post a link of one u think will work?

rebooted a couple of times. gonna try to reflash again.

Clean flash. Setup Gmail & confirm data connection only (no Wifi & not a single app restore), settle in somewhere outside, DL Google maps & start the app, select the small compass in the top right corner and wait...if this doesn't work its time to consider the hardware.

Upvote 0
Clean flash. Setup Gmail & confirm data connection only (no Wifi & not a single app restore), settle in somewhere outside, DL Google maps & start the app, select the small compass in the top right corner and wait...if this doesn't work its time to consider the hardware.

This probably has the ICS GPS libs and I know it doesn't have the correct property overrides for the play store.

Upvote 0

Why would you select the small compass then consider the hardware?

All that compass is doing... unless I'm mistaken... Is swapping from North up to relative orientation.

Upvote 0
Since kernel source for 4.1.2 on other i_proj devices are made, would there be a possibility of someone making one for us to flash with this rom? I still use this rom, but may have to go to official CM10.1.0 soon as this ROM can't handle the 120+ temps here in AZ :(

Battery went up to 140F and the CPU got to 160F by the time I noticed it and pulled the battery out to save the phone, lol.

Upvote 0
Since kernel source for 4.1.2 on other i_proj devices are made, would there be a possibility of someone making one for us to flash with this rom? I still use this rom, but may have to go to official CM10.1.0 soon as this ROM can't handle the 120+ temps here in AZ :(

Battery went up to 140F and the CPU got to 160F by the time I noticed it and pulled the battery out to save the phone, lol.

If you happen to be running my kernel, you can tune the thermald settings to step the frequencies down at specified temps. The settings are stored in /sys/kernel/msm_thermal/conf/ The temps are stored as celsius values. Though, it's easier to tweak them via kernel tuner. I borrowed the code from showp1984 though, so i can't say for sure where it reboots at for a panic.

Upvote 0
If you happen to be running my kernel, you can tune the thermald settings to step the frequencies down at specified temps. The settings are stored in /sys/kernel/msm_thermal/conf/ The temps are stored as celsius values. Though, it's easier to tweak them via kernel tuner. I borrowed the code from showp1984 though, so i can't say for sure where it reboots at for a panic.

I tried with this ROM. Didn't go past the LG screen :(

Upvote 0
Ahh, sorry. didn't figure there was much reason that it shouldn't work. My bad :p

Maybe try compiling the 3.4 source from SU640 with this ROM? Might have better luck :p since you couldn't get past LG screen on official 4.2.2 and your kernel won't get past LG screen on this ROM......

I saw on the kernel thread on xda someone got CM10 (4.1.2) for P930 working with the source.

Upvote 0
For anyone wanting to try this, I have to say its way smoother than any 4.2.2 jb ROM I have tried, I love it so much will probably stay on it for awhile, because gaming is great and battery, WiFi is awesome, data works great, haven't tried GPS yet, but I highly recommend coming back to CM10

GPS works if you have had at least one lock on ZV7 (I assume ZV8 would be okay also) unless the final version has the GB GPS blobs in it.

Reactions: azoller1
Upvote 0

I'm working on bringing up the 3.4 kernel on the p930. After that is done the vs920 should follow. But it will be at least a couple weeks, assuming all goes as planned... And they rarely do...

Upvote 0
So I am back on this ROM now and love it! It's crazy smooth and Bluetooth sends song info to my car stereo! This will probably be the ROM I stay with!

I'm really starting to wonder what's so different between this and other roms... There's only so much to change kernel side... So I may need to start comparing the roms to the new ones, and reverting changes to keep this rom's smoothness......

@tdm,
Did you ever get the dpi stuff yanked out of pac/aospa?

Upvote 0
I'm really starting to wonder what's so different between this and other roms... There's only so much to change kernel side... So I may need to start comparing the roms to the new ones, and reverting changes to keep this rom's smoothness......

@tdm,
Did you ever get the dpi stuff yanked out of pac/aospa?

Yeah it's been sitting in the AOKP 4.2 gerrit for like 2 months. I personally run my AOKP 4.1 build on my vs920 most of the time due to the mtp support and solid Bluetooth. My vs920 usually does netflix for the kids. My main phone is my N4 right now.

If there is interest maybe I could do another build with the DPI changes for this ROM.

Upvote 0
Yeah it's been sitting in the AOKP 4.2 gerrit for like 2 months. I personally run my AOKP 4.1 build on my vs920 most of the time due to the mtp support and solid Bluetooth. My vs920 usually does netflix for the kids. My main phone is my N4 right now.

If there is interest maybe I could do another build with the DPI changes for this ROM.

All I know is this ROM just rocks! It's much smoother than any of the other ROM and has awesome Bluetooth!

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
This room still running well for everybody? I need reliability! And will my Bluetooth work again after I've already flashed a few ROMs? Does it come with google play installed I'm a little confused with the while aokp vs ROM..i have CM on it..Can i also get the DL link? Thanks in advance i hope i still get a reply looks like its been a little bit!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones