• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][R910] Basix 1.0 (Aito's Revenge) :: Speed, Battery, Smoothness, Customizability :: 7/24/11

first off i'd like to give a big thanks for all the effort you put into releasing this for us but now question lol. . i installed the clock work no problem did all the backups and started loading rom from recovery but it's been stuck on mounting file system for about 5 mins now. . is that normal?

A couple of people have run into that already. Follow the Odin guide in this forum, and start the process over. It's not in the ROM - likely some oddity in prior modifications.

Upvote 0
I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. This custom ROM saved me from almost losing hope on the Indulge. I appreciate all the hard work and dedication you had throughout this long process, I even remember you saying you will personally have a ROM up and running for the Indulge to someone. You should be awarded a medal, donations are well deserved to you and the people who helped you create this fantastic ROM.

- I don't know if it's included in the list, because I don't know what the problem really is called, but is the problem in which the notification bar gets stuck been resolved? Thank you.

Upvote 0
Absolutely a excellent rom and I thank you very much K0nane for all the dedication & hard work. Just wondering I tried to put a PowerOn.wav in the system/exc folder, but it didn't work. What do I have to do to get the boot up sound working? Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks to you and all that put in work for the Indulge community.

Upvote 0
I, dont know what I did wrong. I think it's just that I was previously rooted before, and the files did'nt mix right..

Anyways I was rooted before, I tried to do the AIO with CWM and it made my phone hang at the samsung screen..

So I had to flash back to stock, do the AIO root and flash 'Basix'. Everything is running smooth now.

If running Vista/7, I would suggest you run the AIO with administrator privileges..

Thanks again for the great work guys

Upvote 0
I've popped in and out of forums since the indulge was released; following progress on everything from the original bloatware removal to partial root, and finally full root. The only final thing missing was a full CWM. I've been reading up on Exodus but have been reluctant to try it.

This morning I discovered your Basix which I had no idea was even in the workings. I couldn't procrastinate any longer. I took the risk and installed it. So far everythings running so much faster than ever and battery life has to be 2X what it was.

I had to register for an account in this forum to simply say THANK YOU for giving my slow android a whole new life. You have done an amazing job!

Now on to a couple small bugs which you may be unaware of:
1.)When trying to select "sound" ringtones for individual contacts, android.process.acore stops and FC's.
2.)When trying to select a default call tone within sound settings, all that appears is "Silent" with no option to select your own. (EDIT: Figured out this one. Have to place files within specific directory on SDcard)

Please don't take any of that as criticism. I wish I had 1/10th of the knowledge base that it took to put this together. Just hoping that these small details help with future releases. I'll be following your work closely from now on. Thanks again. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones