1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root ROM related question kinda.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by offanairplane, Feb 17, 2011.

1. offanairplane

offanairplane Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    TX
    I have installed xtrROM_5.0 on my phone, along with LauncherPro.

When I press "menu" from my home screen now, there is a "wallpaper" icon I can click. I'm not sure if that is a product of xtrROM or LauncherPro, but I don't remember seeing it there prior to rooting and romming.

So when I click that it gives me three options:
    1. Photos
    2. Wallpaper Gallery (Home)
    3. Wallpaper Gallery (LauncherPro)

When I go to the "Wallpaper Gallery Home" it's a lot of pictures with "XTR_ROM" logo on them, so I'm assumed the developer of that ROM preloaded them with the ROM.

And I really like some of those pictures, but going at it from this route, it doesn't give me the option to set any of these as my lockscreen.

So I figured I'll just go to photos and find that gallery, and get there that way, and set it as my lockscreen, but I can't find the gallery anywhere. I've looked through every folder on the phone and sdcard via fileexplorer and I can't find anything that resembles a photo gallery, except the one that I have all my camera pictures in.

Anyone know how to find this gallery other than pressing menu>>wallpaper?

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Jan 7, 2010
    I'm not sure, and I am do not have xtrROM loaded right now. I thought that those were on a folder on the SD Card called xtrWallpapers. I'd think that they would show up in the Photos app. You can look for that folder when you are tethered to a PC, or with a file manager like Astro.

It's also possible that those wallpapers are in a framework file in one of the folders internally, in /system or /data or something.

You may want to ask in the thread on xda-developers - Zach.xtr answers everything, as I recall. [ROM][GPL] xtrROM5.0 odex,cache2cache,apps2sd,jit,lwp,oc[1/23/2011] - xda-developers

3. offanairplane

None

Aug 17, 2010
    TX
    Good idea.

I just registered on that forum, and it won't let me post in the developers section until I have at least 10 posts under my belt, so I just PM'd Zach.xtr

Hopefully he will reply.

FWIW, I have searched with a file explorer, and it's not anywhere as obvious as a folder labeled wallpapers. I have searched every folder on the Sdcard and on the phone, and I can't find anything obvious.

4. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Midland's, South Carolina

That's a bummer about XDA I don't have enough posts either. Theirs a general area where you can ask about rom specific questions until you reach your quota. I asked a question and it was answered quickly.

5. offanairplane

None

Aug 17, 2010
    TX
    I already Pm'd zach.xtr, but I took your advice also, and posted the question in the Q&A section of the forum. Well see what happens.

6. offanairplane

None

Aug 17, 2010
    TX
    He responded pretty quickly.

It's in this thread now if anyone else is interested, on page 147.
    [ROM][GPL] xtrROM5.0 odex,cache2cache,apps2sd,jit,lwp,oc[1/23/2011] - Page 147 - xda-developers