1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Root Rom reviews

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cookie_monster, Sep 15, 2011.

1. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    IOWA
    Alot of roms out there and people asking how are they? How does this work? What you using? So I thought I would start this thread. Give us your review and if you have had a rom previsous then let us know how it was for you

NAME OF ROM:
    VERSION:
    OVERALL RATING:
    RADIO:
    KERNEL:

WHAT DOES NOT WORK IN THE ROM (ROM ONLY):

YOUR IMPRESSION OVERALL OF THE ROM/KERNEL:

How easy was it to install?
    How long have you been using it?
    Is it user-friendly?
    Does it Force Close alot?
    What are your favorite features?
    What are your least favorite features?
    What kind of battery life does it have?
    Would you recommend this ROM/KERNEL to others?
    And of course, whatever else you want to add in your review.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Most roms have dedicated threads for support and our opinions already in them. Also many of these questions would be variable per user. I'll highlight below.

NAME OF ROM: May change between releases, normally we have a thread for the life of the rom not individual releases.
    VERSION:
    WEBSITE: With flaky devs this can change halfway thru a roms release, it could be on XDA one day, rootz the next, then the devs site only, not saying anything bad about the devs just they seem to have PMS an awful lot.
    OVERALL RATING: Complete opinion and will be affected by how comfortable the user is with the rooting world
    RADIO: Variable by user and shouldn't be affected by one rom vs another
    KERNEL: Will be user defined generally and not usually a reflection upon the rom.

WHAT DOES NOT WORK IN THE ROM (ROM ONLY): May be affected by kernel choice and how well the user understands the tweaks that may need to be done to have things work on some roms, issues like BT being effed up in CM7 1.7 are already discussed in the respective threads

YOUR IMPRESSION OVERALL OF THE ROM/KERNEL: :D this is what most posts about a rom is about if it isn't support

How easy was it to install? Really all roms should be equally easy to install, there isn't too much that can do in recovery when flashing a rom and many things like what recovery or version of recovery someone is using can affect installs
    How long have you been using it?
    Is it user-friendly? Depending on someone's knowledge of what to do to tweak things this will change, something that is easy for me to do on a rom may be near impossible for someone else to figure out.
    Does it Force Close alot? Often can be affected by your flashing method if you get FC over and over you shouldn't be reviewing a rom without first trying to get support to fixed the thing that effed up, no dev will knowingly release a FC fest
    What are your favorite features? :D Good question often answered in posts shortly after release
    What are your least favorite features? :D Yeah
    What kind of battery life does it have? This is more a kernel question
    Would you recommend this ROM/KERNEL to others? If I wouldn't I would put a very bad post in the roms thread
    And of course, whatever else you want to add in your review.

The other issues are these types of threads usually become a big fuster cluck quickly and either get off topic or become a mod nightmare because you are asking people to mix their opinions about roms some people are very devoted to

3. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    IOWA
    well i should of came with my umbrella lol :rolleyes: :D we can delete this thread if we want.

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Closing this thread