• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rubiX Blurry 1.6.3

Btros

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2010
Drod has released the new version of his blurry rubiX rom, 1.6.3. I am copying and reposting from his post on androiddoes.net. I haven't tried this yet as I am still stuck on his blurless roms, but I am hearing good things.

Link to original post:
rubiX Blurry 1.6.3 ANDROID DOES EXCLUSIVE

Well guys.. I've had a longgg day. Meant to post this like, 8 hours ago. But here it is, rubiX Blurry 1.6.3 for those NOT on the 2.3.320 leak

Change Log from 1.5.2
Tweaks further updated
Kernel tweaks. NO this is not a custom kernel, but I've found a way to tweak :)

THIS WILL DROP YOUR QUADRANT SCORES, THE SCORES DO NOT REFLECT YOUR PERFORMANCE
SMART CPU tweaks (credit to myself and JRummy)

What does this mean? You can adjust your OC and the Sampling Rate and Up Threshold will adjust to your cpu speed and voltage settings accordingly.
Some blur removed (Clock widget, Weather Widget, News Widget, Photo Widget)
Custom Transitions (credit to Myn)
FINALLY compatible with setting OC at boot, it will no longer override my tweaks
Home screen redraws lessened (thanks to Beesley for the tweak)
Apps auto zipalign on boot (credit to me)

Change Log from 1.0
Updated to 2.2.1 Core system files
Tweaks tweaked
Code cleaned up
Bug fixes
Home Screen Memory Fix (credit to Beesley)
All apps optimized, zipaligned (since they were upgraded)
Security measures to benefit myself, do not harm you nor the rom experience at all (Thanks to JRummy for the advice)

Release Notes:
Blurry 1.0:

Based off 2.3.15 (ota)
Completely deodexed, zipaligned, optimized, not like everyone else says, I mean it when I say optimized!
FULL Motorola Blur, get your social networking widgets and photo syncs!
Custom speed/battery tweaks
Internal task killer has been set a little more aggressive for better battery, stability, and speed
Tweaks to sysctl.conf (Credit to myself and Pete)
Market apps removed
Wallpapers installed to SDCard instead of in launcher!
Build.Prop mods (Credit to Beesley, edited by me)
Certain System files replaced with LATEST 2.2.1 source build apps (Calculator, Gmail, etc.)
Bloatware Removed
LOTS of free space in system! Over 100 mb! I can't remember the exact amount, i'll edit it in when I load it back up
Amazing Boot animations credit to WJD Designs!
Optional undervolt, type lowvolt.sh to run it
Overclock Script! Credit to JRummy for the awesome script. To access, just run:
su
cpu.sh
in terminal emulator, and follow instructions from there.
BETA:
Auto boot strap on every FULL boot of the system. This is beta, and will be tweaked within the next few days

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SDCard
Select rubiXBlurry2.3.320.zip
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy

Download Link:
http://bit.ly/iapfEU

Mirror:
Android Does

The first boot will take a while, so be patient with it loading.

I am NOT responsible by any means for ANYTHING that may happen to your phone. Blame Motorola for locking the bootloader!

I'm a full time college student and a full time employee. If you like my work, please help me make my future in this possible by donating
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

Reactions: colchiro
I exchanged messages with drod2169, regarding 1.6.3 and he says this, "This battery life drop was part of my tweaks, it was an accidental thing, supposed to good but gone horribly bad. It's been removed, the new version is ready but I haven't had much of a chance lately for much of anything.

I'll try to have the new release in a day or two.
"

He also hopes to add the 340 files when he can get his hands on them.

He also said that neither 1.6.3 or 2.3.20 were pulled, "the host switched servers and I haven't had a chance to get it back up".

Reactions: Btros
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones