• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3 by drod2169

Extended battery wont boot.. that's weird, I can't think of any reason why. Is that specific to my rom? I can try and look into it when I get off work.

Also, voice search is a market app as well, that's why I took it out. The next release will have the newest car dock :)

For alarm clock, run the clock application. That is the stock vanilla alarm app, sorry I should of pointed that out in the release post.

Upvote 0
Well, I have a clean rubiX installed and I'm still having issues with my extended battery. Not sure if it's the battery now.

Sbf'd back to 2.1 (rooted)=> Initial leak 2.3.9 (kept root) => 2.3.15 (kept root) => rubiX (still rooted). I get the android logo on startup.

Phone was running off the extended battery then just died. Took out the battery and reinserted it but nothing happens when I hit power. I'm at work now so I don't have the standard battery to test out :(. Anyone have any ideas cos I like this the rubiX mod, but like the extended battery more.

Upvote 0
It seems to be pretty good so far, just that minimum brightness is a little too low :(

I tried it.

Positive: Very, very fast bootup. Twice as fast. Pretty amazing.
Negative: Dark, dark, dark! Using auto-brightness, the base setting is not viewable for me.

Conclusion: I would have to say it's not for me, because I like flashy, which this is not. It's basic. However, I know that flashy takes memory and this is designed to fun fast and fleet, which it does quite well. I do like the speed and commend the Dev for designing this as fast as it is.

Finally, the deal breaker for me is the minimum brightness. I have to be able to see my phone and I can't at the automatic setting. If this was configurable, or more aptly put, if I knew how to do it, I'd play with this a bit, but I don't so I'm changing it out and trying something else.

So far, I like black glass x better.

Steven

Upvote 0
Steven, there is a fix for brightness.. Just install patch and enjoy it :)

brightnessfix.zip

I tried it.

Positive: Very, very fast bootup. Twice as fast. Pretty amazing.
Negative: Dark, dark, dark! Using auto-brightness, the base setting is not viewable for me.

Conclusion: I would have to say it's not for me, because I like flashy, which this is not. It's basic. However, I know that flashy takes memory and this is designed to fun fast and fleet, which it does quite well. I do like the speed and commend the Dev for designing this as fast as it is.

Finally, the deal breaker for me is the minimum brightness. I have to be able to see my phone and I can't at the automatic setting. If this was configurable, or more aptly put, if I knew how to do it, I'd play with this a bit, but I don't so I'm changing it out and trying something else.

So far, I like black glass x better.

Steven

Upvote 0
I got the panorama assist issues straightened out this morning, I've uploaded the blurcamera.apk file that worked for me, you can download it HERE.

All you need to do is put the file on your sdcard, then use root explorer to delete the current blurcamera.apk file from system/app, then copy the new apk file and move it to system/app, you then need to change the permissions to: user; read, write - group; read - and others; read. If you try to install the file it will not work, you just need to power down the phone, turn it back on and you should be all set..

are the permissions the same for any apk we want to reinstall? i need the voice apk for texting while driving.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones