• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM Service!

Carreno

May 15, 2010
I thought I might be crazy but I've confirmed the fact that somehow, some way, I receive more 'bars' with Ic3 ROM than WW 3.2 -

How is this possible? Is there a way to exaggerate the bars even if the signal is the same?

It's driving me NUTS! And its the only reason I think about going back to Ic3

-Its mentally pleasing, calming and comforting to see 4 'bars', you know?

Anyone run into this? I use the same radio for both ROMS.

"its just how the rom interprets the signal that makes the difference."

So then a ROM can say you have 3G, when in fact, you do not.

Or vice versa

i could fix my rom so that when you had zero bars it said you were full, or vice versa...making your own rom gives you total control.

you could set it to say that when your 3g dormant-not transferring data-to show that it is. i could set the 3G active icon to be on all the time. or the full vars to be active all the time.

i dont think this is what they did, that would be pretty sketchy in my opinion

Upvote 0
"its just how the rom interprets the signal that makes the difference."

So then a ROM can say you have 3G, when in fact, you do not.

Or vice versa

And to further that question; if the ROM interprets more bars for a signal, does it correspond to better battery performance because the phone thinks that the signal is stronger than indicated?

No matter what the signal indicator is saying, I still seem to get signal when I'm supposed to and I don't when there isn't usually a signal present.

Upvote 0
And to further that question; if the ROM interprets more bars for a signal, does it correspond to better battery performance because the phone thinks that the signal is stronger than indicated?

No matter what the signal indicator is saying, I still seem to get signal when I'm supposed to and I don't when there isn't usually a signal present.

i never even pay attention to my bars, i actually took them out a while back. the way i see it, if you got bars then you got bars, if not then theres nothing you can do about it.

battery life on my ROM, the one he mentioned as having the lower signal, has been better for me than any other rom so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones