1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[rom] simply stunning v0.2 beta 8/16/11!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digdug1, Aug 16, 2011.

1. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

this is one im really excited to try.:D some of you will remember chevy for his work on the og droid. he is well respected and always made top notch roms and kernels.

this is a 2.3.4 sense rom that is only 220 mb:eek::D

[ROM] [GB Sense] Simply Stunning 0.2 BETA - 08/16/11

scotty85 and Yeahha like this.
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I knew he was porting SS to the bolt I didn't realize it was going to be a sense rom, looks like I will have to give up my AOSP for a while to try this out. Loved Chevy's stuff on my og droid.

3. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Chevy's ss roms were pretty much the main stay on my og. Especially his kernels. I used them on pretty much every ROM.
    I can't get over how small this ROM is lol.

4. ThrillKill

ThrillKill Well-Known Member

Don't know chingy but sounds like he makes awesome roms. How would it compare to cm7 2.3.5?

5. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

This is made by Chevy not chingy. Cm7 is aosp this is a sense ROM.

6. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Well, for one, they're not talking about Chingy. Second, this ROM is sense, not AOSP like CM7 ;)

edit: you got me by seconds, dig, lol

7. ThrillKill

ThrillKill Well-Known Member

Thanks. I know cm7 is aosp but wasn't sure about this new rom. Ill give it a flash and hopefully it rocks

8. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Just keep in mind this a very early beta. There could be some bugs yet.

9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Looks like some people are getting hung up at the initial boot where something force closes and they can't get past it to actually use the rom. If I recall correctly (OG Droid days seem like they were so long ago) Chevy will be on this and get it worked out quickly.

10. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

+1

11. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

awsome! he built a stock GB rom right after the TB came out,without one even to test on :eek: it had no RIL of course,but it looked great and ran smooth. i wondered what ever happend to that,and to him with the TB.

ill give it a shot for sure. tho id be a lil more motivated by some screenies. for some reason seems everyone that asked was blatantly ignored. :(

i wish he could have started with then newer leak instead of the crappy first one

12. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I hope he does build an AOSP rom for the bolt. If I flash this tonight I will post some screenies

scotty85 likes this.
  13. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Chevy must be busy tonight. I don't think he is ignoring them on purpose.
    I do remember his first thunderbolt Rom. Pretty amazing to have that smooth a Rom without even having a thunderbolt!

14. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Heck my wife is still running SS on my og lol.

15. scotty85

thread is still up... check it out :)

stock gb from ChevyNo1

sounds like hes got alot going on in life right now from the thread you posted... i do hope he gets back to working on this at some point :cool:

16. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

If memory serves me I read an article interviewing him by tim-o-tato. Chevy is an exec at a fortune five hundred company. He stays busy but always finds the time to provide support for his work asap.
    I linked to the article what seems like ages ago. The droid1 days lol.

17. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Article The Tato Series: An Interview with ChevyNo1 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Yeah ages ago just one day short of a year :D I know how you feel

18. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshots rom feels very stock. Already restored nandroid as this reminds me I don't like sense;)

rexdog1888, Bramsy and scotty85 like this.
  19. Bramsy

Bramsy Android Expert

typical C#1... looks so nice!

20. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

It looks nice, not very many options for customization yet but I can't give him any crap about that either it is a first build. I did get a hang up on the HTC screen for a little bit but it seemed to resolve itself.

I was also able to make a purchase off the market that I have been wanting to but AOSP roms wouldn't allow for some reason (my guess would be the build.prop)

Once Chevy gets this up and going it could easily become my go to sense rom if I need one

21. scotty85

almost forgot to pop back in and say thanx for the screenies,yeahha. thats why i like this forum... my above statement was not intended towards chevy at all... but how many other forum members didnt even bother to acknowledge,let alone post up some screenies? no one even botherd to say "it looks like stock" :rolleyes:

what would be cool is if he could switch out his base now that we have a better leak.

i was gonna flash this tonight,but since im on the new leak i think ill stay there for a day or so.(and remind myself how much i hate sense ;))

22. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Actually, yeahh got to it before I had a chance. I couldn't flash till this morning. Sooo...

I agree with yeahh. While I love Chevy's work, its a bit too stock for me. I like aosp but only with sense 3.0 elements.

23. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

FWIW once the rom/kernel was up and running it was as smooth as (if not more so than stock) I liked the color scheme, I've always like Chevy's colors. I really do not like sense. The window animations were nice too, I do not remember if stock they were the same but on this rom window animations are kinda like the screen off/on animation on GB but rotated 90 degrees. Not the best description I know.

This would be a good rom for someone who wants a stockish experience, I am interested on how it will progress, currently it would be a great rom for a new rooter to go to, it wouldn't throw them in over their head with things to do while they are still getting used to root.

24. fd2blk78

fd2blk78 Newbie

what would your recommendation for a good aosp rom with sense 3.0 elements be? im looking for a good ROM to try out (just rooted), something that I can use to do a little better on this sh!++y battery life on the tbolt.

25. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

They aren't out there. Sense elements require sense, AOSP is not Sense. Sense roms are built from leaked RUU files while AOSP roms are built from well AOSP. Different bases. There are people trying to get the Sense 3.0 lock screen to work on AOSP roms but it isn't working currently just a concept.

You may want to look into Senseless roms which are based on the leaks and has some of the larger elements of sense removed

fd2blk78 likes this.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews