• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] SkyRaider 3.0 Sense/vanilla RC3

Couple important questions I have on this ROM that might determine whether or not I stick with it or revert back to Fourth Wave.

1. Is there a way to run commands through an emulator to remove apps? I did this on Fourth Wave and liked it because it was easy to find the specific apk name. When I try to run the command it says the file is read only. How can I load system as read-write?

2. Can some of the stock system apps even be removed? I want to remove some apps such as backup assistant, hulu, and 3G hotspot as well as some others, but I can't find where those files are located. Where are they/how can I remove them?

3. If a terminal emulator cannot be used, do I have to use the old method of removing through turning off the phone and mounting the system then running cmd on my computer?

4. Lastly, is this ROM deodexed?

Upvote 0
I answered you over on XDA, but for everybody else, I'm pretty sure that the changes that Twitter just made to it's authorizations is what's causing this problem. I know Peep doesn't work because of this.
Yeah, I saw that thanks. IHTFP updated his Social Networking to include Peep now since it's working with OAuth. Works great.
(Posted here for redundancy in case you don't head to XDA much)

Upvote 0
First off, I am on Vanilla 3.0 RC2

I am having an issue with the lockscreen either not showing up, (it would be just my wallpaper) but if I do the action of sliding my finger where the unlock "bar" would be it still works, its a ghost. Or sometimes my lockscreen just looked extremely glitched out (again, my wallpaper is there but the unlock "bar" is messed up and I cant unlock it unless I press the menu button). I also have a glitch where when I get a text (using chomp) and pull down the notification bar, the bottom gray bar, the part you actually pull down, is all black and the background is black instead of white.

I think both of these may be related to chomp texts in the notification bar. They seem to go away when I dont have a text notification. Has anyone experienced this? Ill try to post some screenshots when I can but I am in LA looking for apartments and have been extremely busy the last few weeks. Glad to see this forum can survive without me ;)

Upvote 0
I hope I'm not asking a dumb/answered a million times question, but:
I'm running the Sense version of Skyraider and absolutely loving it except for one thing. When I try to download something off the market it downloads, and claims to have got all the data, but it won't install. The only way I can get it to work is each time I want to download something, clear the market app cache, then it'll install properly. Is there a way to reinstall just the market app?

Upvote 0
I hope I'm not asking a dumb/answered a million times question, but:
I'm running the Sense version of Skyraider and absolutely loving it except for one thing. When I try to download something off the market it downloads, and claims to have got all the data, but it won't install. The only way I can get it to work is each time I want to download something, clear the market app cache, then it'll install properly. Is there a way to reinstall just the market app?

I have had this happen with Virtuous installed also, but it is not consistent. Sometimes apps download and install fine. Sometimes apps download to 100% and then stall and don't install. I generally get them to install by cancelling download and starting over and the persistence gets them installed. I would like to know what is behind this little problem though.

Upvote 0
I also updated from SR2.5.2 to 3.0 but I'm seeing swipe lag, especially on swiping down to unlock. Also, scrolling through the apps launcher, there is some jerkiness to the scrolling. Didn't see any of this with 2.5.2. Also miss the Sense launcher. Probably going to look for another rom to try.

Upvote 0
This ROM is sweet! Sooooo many to choose from now-a-days it's a lot of fun indeed. I'll have to give props on this release it is extremely polished.

I don't like to compare because I believe all these devs do their homework and put a lot of time in to make life more fun for those who like to tweak. But I must give props to Ihtfp69 for making this ROM as smooth and fast as any I have flashed. GJ!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones