• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {rom} slim jim rom

Oct 3, 2014
hello exhibit community,

slimkitten-238x211.jpg

i present unofficial slim rom for the galaxy exhibit t599n. developed from the underbelly of cyanogenmod, a simplistic view of the current android version kit-kat. so help yerself to the pie and please share the experience so further development (if required) may be pursued. this rom is "half-ported" "half-source" due to the camera bug, my source build required some fine tuning (libs/apps ported) now for the fun part

WHATS SO GREAT ABOUT THIS ROM? check screeniez. storage info??!!/light and fluffy.

origin: [ROM][4.4.4][golden] SlimKat | Samsung Galaxy S III Mini | XDA Forums
^slimrom for the s3 op courtesy of android-andi

now bugs
none/network fixed

sources
rom-->https://github.com/SlimRoms
kernel-->https://github.com/Meticulus/android_kernel_samsung_codina/tree/kk44
port-->[ROM][4.4.4][golden] SlimKat | Samsung Galaxy S III Mini | XDA Forums
some dude-->http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KU2E_HO25Gs/TVff-lL1Y4I/AAAAAAAAASs/2pCJGC6AB9k/s1600/0212012007.jpg

****************************************************************************************************YER WARRANTY IS NOW VOID. RESEARCH BEFORE MODIFYING YER DEVICE. I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YER ACTIONS************************************************************************************************************

downloads
twrp-->https://app.box.com/s/trxwct0u55adsbpixprv
^ fake-flash can be flashed from cwm also maybe stock. or yer preferred method. required for flashing rom=twrp 2.7
rom-->https://app.box.com/s/9wayer56ri202tcdl9at
gapps-->Downloads - Addons4.4 - Slim_mini_gapps.4.4.4.build.8.x-282
root-->http://androidforums.com/galaxy-exhibit-all-things-root/874530-root-method-linux.html
^only root method verified, other known methods fail.
funny cat-->http://funmozar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/funny-cat-05.jpg

installation
1. all wipes
2. flash rom
3. flash gapps
4. root
^recommended for codinalte parts app functions
5. laugh at funny cat picture
6. enjoy

hints

Disable Button-Backlight?
Settings -> Navigation -> Harware button -> Backlight -> Uncheck "Illuminate buttons"

Advanced Reboot?
Settings -> Security -> Advanced Reboot

Enable Root?
Settings -> Developer Options -> Root access -> Apps and ADB

thanks
THANKS TO TEAM SLIMROM--CYANOGENMOD--AOSP--METICULUS--ANDROID-ANDI--DEVS/CONTRIBUTERS!!

dont forget the pie
screeniez--->

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-08-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-08-16.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-08-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-08-34.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-22-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-22-33.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-23-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-23-00.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-23-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-17-23-15.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_2014-10-09-19-08-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-19-08-40.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_2014-10-11-00-46-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-11-00-46-45.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Screenshot_2014-10-11-11-16-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-11-11-16-46.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 106
hello exhibit community,

i successfully compiled slim rom for the t599n. i need assisstance with the camera. when i run the camera from the terminal, the results are -->I/ActivityManager( 2129): START u0 {act=android.media.action.IMAGE_CAPTURE flg=0 - Pastebin.com. the camera app disables a few moments after initial boot. the logcat shows -->E/HAL ( 1672): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.montblanc.so E/HAL ( - Pastebin.com which is clearly the problem. the error is referencing this -->https://github.com/SlimRoms/frameworks_native/blob/kk4.4-caf/libs/binder/MemoryBase.cpp. i swapped the camera libs from various roms, showing the same result. my guess is, a build with non caf source for native. any advice is greatly appreciated.
Are you using patch for ste

Upvote 0
Because I bee having the same problem in aokp and cm11 video recording crash after stop recording I add the last patch for meticulus but I still running build in weekend and add app to sd to aokp I have to run one for cm11 after I finish with aokp to add the last patch

Upvote 0
Because I bee having the same problem in aokp and cm11 video recording crash after stop recording I add the last patch for meticulus but I still running build in weekend and add app to sd to aokp I have to run one for cm11 after I finish with aokp to add the last patch

Well don't know if you've seen it or not but meticulus added the patch to fix the fc for video recording to his github. [ROM][4.4.4] Carbon ROM for Exhibit/Ace 2e [ T599N | T599 | T599V ] [METICULUS] - Post #153 - XDA Forums

Upvote 0
Well don't know if you've seen it or not but meticulus added the patch to fix the fc for video recording to his github. [ROM][4.4.4] Carbon ROM for Exhibit/Ace 2e [ T599N | T599 | T599V ] [METICULUS] - Post #153 - XDA Forums
Yes I did that why I am running builds again first for aokp then for cm11 in aokp the camera actually is not working after i add the app to sd then meticulus add the fix and I am running because of that againg then I will add the fix to cm11

Reactions: codyedmonson
Upvote 0
thanks for pemission to andi. i found a possible bug would like to squash before hosting. i found the sim i recieved with the phone and it is not detected. this is my first gsm device developing for cdma previously. when i tick network settings, screen turns blank and the proccess android.phone quit. if i tick 4g, settings quit. possibly the sim card is no good. i will host the rom tommorrow. got work.

Upvote 0
thanks for pemission to andi. i found a possible bug would like to squash before hosting. i found the sim i recieved with the phone and it is not detected. this is my first gsm device developing for cdma previously. when i tick network settings, screen turns blank and the proccess android.phone quit. if i tick 4g, settings quit. possibly the sim card is no good. i will host the rom tommorrow. got work.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with epic four g touch but a cat on there ported a gsm ROM of s3 to it called shoshock and works like wonders only thing was is the 4g wouldn't work I still have that phone but it belong to my mother so I do not use it.

[The point ]Anyway with android possibility is endless I've seen some crazy things and done some crazy coding lol. Anyway I am happy to see more devs invold in this phone. [/the point] you maybe even be able to use some libs from stock ROM keep up the good work bro

Upvote 0
Does this rom include any special features on it ? Like anymore than cm11 has ?

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

^op all credit to android-andi/slimroms

Upvote 0
SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

^op all credit to android-andi/slimroms
It sounds good, that link in the first post is the download link for our phone or you havent uploaded it yet due to you working on it ?

Upvote 0
Are you using patch for ste

no. the patch broke the build, i merged patch 6 and patch 5 https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/8269/ provided by android-andi, courtesy of meticulus. both patches broke the build. errors with procamera.cpp. i commented all procamera out, then errors occured omx related. official status is not necessary, although this rom built oob practically.

Upvote 0
Im sorry but i cant find out how to get this to work I am using the twrp 2.7 have the rom, gapps, and root. everytime i click flash it says failed i like this rom any insight

After all wipes do reboot recovery. Then flash all packages. Twrp bug or system related reasons. Any ROM fails unless I was installing with rebooting recovery as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones