1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root (ROM) Sourcery rom V.1.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidlover14, Dec 25, 2010.

1. androidlover14

androidlover14 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 28, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    This is a new rom. Follow the link to find the download links, changelog and other crazy stuff. LINK

Advertisement

YankeeDudeL, linuxmel and biggdogg like this.
  2. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good stuff!!!!

3. jevfr

jevfr Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    NC
    Everyone needs to check this out. It's really smooth and innovative with a lot of cool features.

4. androidlover14

None

Jun 28, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    FINALLY some people can provide some feedback. This rom really is pretty good especially for their first release.

5. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert
    None

whats some of the features this rom offers over others.

6. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Android Enthusiast
    None

Im using it! Very smooth! Only issue is that the lettering of contacts & number on keypad can be drowned out by some pictures used as background, but this is a noted issue already and they will work on it. Kudos to a great rom!

7. jevfr

jevfr Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    NC
    A couple of cool features are the ability to change kernels and themes from their sourcery setting app. It has several different kernels and themes to choose from. Also, they have been updating some things that were broken in some themes on the fly, all you need to do is re-apply the theme. There is also a nice contact widget and a cool colorize widget included that offers different color twitter,facebook,agenda, and messaging widgets. You won't be disappointed.

8. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just about everything is a one click change in the settings, themes, kernels, etc... and it looks sweet. Its definitely worth a look. I dont know why there isnt much write up on here at Phandroid.

9. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    looks like i will give this a shot!

from the people that are using it, hows the battery life?

10. androidlover14

None

Jun 28, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Its pretty good but I'm going to have to change the stock kernel because for some reason my phone doesn't like it anymore.

11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Was gonna give BBv.6 a shot, but I think I'll try this first.

12. krouget

krouget Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 13, 2010
    Very nice ROM. It installed smoothly, and booted up with no issues. Glancing at the list of features, it looks like there are some original ideas here, notably the cloud-based approach (to some features, anyway). I look forward to how the devs further flesh this out, as it has a good bit of potential. The screen transitions add some nice eye-candy, but so far, its a light, smooth, and responsive ROM. My device also seems to get along with the stock kernel, and moves along fine at the 600MHz overclock.

I'm missing a few features from UD, that I've come to really appreciate, but otherwise, I think I'll keep this ROM for a while. The Devs seem very active, and are fully backing the release with a lot of responses to their feedback, so I'm looking forward to what updates/additions are in the pipeline.

I still need to test battery life and a few other bits, but I'll be watching both "Sourcery" and "UD", closely.

13. LenMan

LenMan Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    IT ops mgr.
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I am running the Slayher 1000 kernel. Getting same battery life as with other 2.2 roms.

I like everything about it except the lock screen. I don't like that little swipey thing at the bottom like UD has. That's what made me switch from UD. Oh, and I don't like having any words on my screens that I don't put there myself or allow. The word Sourcery is on my lock screen and I don't like it.

Otherwise, I like what they're doing with the swappable fonts and themes. You can tell a lot of work went into it.

I'll keep it for a couple of days and see how things shake out.

-L

14. eagle1967

eagle1967 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Hi all its great that our rom has made it here , As you may know we are hosting at another forums site. but we also have a website at sourceryrom.com and on twittter at sourceryrom
    Also at irc #sourcery. Please stop by if you have questions about the rom . me or GFLam are usually around quite often. wish we could be 24 hours a day but you know life happens.

For the lock screen non-liking stuff.....no we have had 1 glitch that i believe is due to the lock screen so it will be changing soon.

If you do have problems come to irc we can fix many of them with you pressing 1 button.
    We are aware that google search and the market have been updated. fixes through rom_update will be coming soon (not verizons soon) for the search. prior to release we could not get the new market to be stable on the rom so once we do we will push that out also. the stock theme may update the market because that is a 100% stock market to insure it would cause no problems.

With the other forums, website and irc as well as trying to add more magic to the mix we dont have the time to continually monitor. this forum unfortunately. but will try best we can. if you have questions or problems please come to our irc channel. And if you do not prefer the other forum ( i dont know if its allowed to be mentioned here) follow our twitter for the latest news.

Thanks again for trying out out rom. You will notice its not another clone were sorry some features are not there but we may add some as we go, but we are new to this and this is our initial release so it will get better :) We wanted to do some different things and we hope you like it :)

Thanks
    eagle1967

YankeeDudeL, biggdogg and trav473 like this.
  15. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    You know, it's Roms like this one that make me still completely fascinated with my droid after a year.
    Now if they could only root the Archos 101

16. eagle1967

None

Dec 28, 2010
    I dont see any mention here but i had a bug found after release. that for some if they opened the keyboard the phone would soft reboot to boot animation.
    If anyone had this please come to irc #sourcery or contact me via the hosting forum for a test build i believe i have fixed this.

thanks

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  17. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert
    None

just so you know, you can use the app NinjaMorph to change just the lock screen background, by doing this it removes the words etc (at least it did with UD)

18. raqiib

raqiib Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    can't get it past the google introduction screen....the one that tells you to touch the droid to get started.....

19. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert
    None

to get past this tap the top left , top right ,bottom right, bottom left of the screen all about 1 cm away from the corners of the bezel. has to be done in that order.

20. eagle1967

None

Dec 28, 2010
    Ok regarding not being able to sign in did you wipe data cache. this has not been seen or mentioned.
    especially coming from cm. cm may be source but they have changed so much im not sure you can call it source anymore :)

21. YankeeDudeL

None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    After coming across an issue with my Droid, I had trouble flashing this ROM, but Eagle was there to help me figure out what the issue was and to eventually solve it. I'm very glad he did, too, cause this is one great ROM, especially for first time Devs on their first (released) build.

Very similar feel to that of UD, similar options and ease of use. Does lack some of UD's features as has been noted, but also has a few things unique to the Sourcery.

Battery life has been pretty good, and has been about the same as UD2.5 was for me (which was by far the best battery life UD had ever given me). I went a full 8 hours at least before I got down to 15%, and that was with heavy use. Since charging it again, it's been about 3 hours of average use and it's at 80%.

I haven't noticed anything flat out not working, but I've had to fix permissions a couple times to get things working right. But all the major functions work, apps and all.

BTW, this is an incredibly smooth ROM, as quick as any I've had on my Droid. Screen transitions are seemless, apps open and close quickly, everything is just very fluid. All this at the stock 600MHz OC. I'm tempted to go higher, but I'm curious to see how the stock kernel will handle the eventual lag that most ROMs seem to get after a few days.

22. eagle1967

None

Dec 28, 2010
    yankee now i know where you hang out. if you do a restore from titanium backup or such youll have to run fix permisisons its avavilble as an option in the settings.

Also the reboot issue i mentioned above is fixed. We will try to get this out this weekend.

23. YankeeDudeL

None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Yes sir, I'm a regular AF troll. lol I owe most of what I know about my Droid and Android as a whole to this site. But I do a fair bit of creeping at DF as well. Used to review ROMs here at one time, but it looks like that experiment has been put to rest.

24. bassinmaumee

bassinmaumee Newbie
    None

Oct 31, 2010
    I had a heck of a time getting this to work (mostly bc I am not very good at this lol.) I used the Irc chat on they're website and they helped me out a ton and got me running smoothly. I give them mad props for standing behind the rom. Ive watched them help a bunch of other people as well. It will be the rom I run for a long while. I highly recommend this rom to everybody. Thx for all the help to the fellas at sourcery!

25. darkside

darkside Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 25, 2010
    Good Ol' Colorado
    These guys have definitely set the standard. Being able to change kernals, themes,fonts,etc... from directly in the settings is great. This rom is smooth and. Very snappy after setting all my settings. I am sticking to this rom for a while. Great job devs.