1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Rom] Sourcery V2.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkside, Feb 6, 2011.

1. darkside

darkside Android Enthusiast

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

HuH? Froyo?!? Oh yea... I remember that release now. :D

3. blaine0406

blaine0406 Newbie

Downloading now...

4. blaine0406

blaine0406 Newbie

This rom has no market app so u have to load it via web / computer

5. Quinolin

Quinolin Member

I posted on DF about this since the dev's read that regularly and usually reply there, but for the sake of providing some feedback here as well, here the main observations I have so far:

tons of customization options - I'm sure that's what most people like about it.

But I also ran into a few issues:
    * Restoring apps was a bit a pain, didn't restore anything from market by itself, so I restored them via TiBu.
    * My battery life seems to be taking a beating on 2.0. Went from fully charged (it was on the charger for a few hours) to 20% in a few hours with medium usage at best (Slayher 1Gz kernel, interactive, with SetCPU on it). That same kernel on other ROMs was giving me better battery life for sure, so that's a bit of a downer.
    * Some of the apps you can install via sourcery magic didn't install at all for me (wireless tether for example).
    * The modified contact app #2 doesn't show contact info for favorites, so I went to modified app #1 - which is less appealing to me, but it doesn't have that problem.
    * The ROM comes with that app "iHear Network" - not sure why one would include this type of app with a ROM, but whatever. I don't have any need for this app, but there is no option to un-install it in Sourcery Magic, nor can I uninstall it through app manager...

I also don't particularly like the scrolling "sourcery" on the lockscreen, but that's just a matter of personal preference I suppose.

6. Quinolin

Quinolin Member

hmmm ... when I rebooted after install of ROM and gapps, market was already there, it just didn't do much of anything.

blaine0406 likes this.
  7. blaine0406

blaine0406 Newbie

well i didnt boot the gapps so now i am going back and redoing it. let u kno

8. Vidfreek

Vidfreek Newbie

Just put this on my phone yesterday and am liking it quite a bit, I dont like the default apps with no way to get rid of them, that iHear I have no use for but cant take it off my phone...hopefully that gets fixed in an update or something....otherwise I've got great battery life for what I have to keep my settings at, I have one of those phones that just cant do anything higher than 700-800 speed without taking a huge hit on battery....so I keep my settings at 300 to 600 min/max and its speedy and doesnt seem to have any issues, I've always liked the animations for the rom, although I wish I could get a rom that actually installs anything from the market the first try, doesnt matter which one I try it takes 3 or more times to get any new apps installed or old ones updated from the market, not sure whats become the problem lately but it would be nice if that gets fixed

Hopefully in the next iteration we can get the new market app up and going, I like its look and features a lot more than the older market :)

9. Quinolin

Quinolin Member

Just a follow-up to this. The dev's suggested to do a fresh install. Once I did that and went through the google sign-in, market restored ~75% of my apps automatically; I DL'd the rest manually. The issue with modified contact app #2 was also gone, and likewise, I was able to install wireless tether through Magic. I ended up deleting the apk for iHear, so that app was gone. Battery life seems to be getting better now I have it running for a few days. So, all in all, after my re-install, everything is peachy, no issues at the moment for me. I recommend trying it if you haven't done so yet.

10. Quinolin

Quinolin Member

Market: keep in mind that this ROM is based on FRG83g (2.2.2), and after Google releases an update and new ROMs are based on that might present some issues when updating apps. Also, all themes have the newer market, so if you install any of those, you'll be set on it.
    As far as iHear goes: Eagle is always trying to add some rather unknown app to his ROM - it seems to be partially for his entertainment, but mainly because people might actually like it (e.g., Gemini calendar). If you don't like iHear (and I share your opinion about that *grin*), you can just delete the apk for it to get rid of it.

Unrelated: If you have the push notification enabled (which is a good idea), you might have seen a notification about a fix for users with SetCPU issues - some people (including myself) had observed that SetCPU always reset to 'on demand', no matter what you put in profiles. This push provides instructions how to implement the fix.

11. eagle1967

eagle1967 Well-Known Member

Thanks quinolin. If anyone wa having problems with set cpu goto sourcery magic/sourcery wiizardry than additional apps 1.2 down there are 3 fixes choose fix 1 your phone will reboot and set cpu should be fixed. the problem was caused by the fix for the google goggles to work with slayher kernels so it wont anymore but working on a different way to make this work and some other goodies.
    Pleas check out the change log or release announcement at DF so you can find all the stuff in 2.0 we are working on reorganizing the settings but didnt want to cahgne the wizardry stuff too much so you could still find it with all the other stuf we added.
    The Ihear app is small its whats coming that has my interest. we are working with the developer and will have updates for this prior to anyone else , but next update will have an easy uninstall but i suggest you keep it around and see where it goes.
    we could not fix the clock mess up and the call log squishing and have backgrounds so if you goto magic commands you can remove the backgrounds if you want these 2 problems to go away. also you can choose your own background and place it on the sd card under sourcery/background instructions are in magic commands than pres the button and you can have your wife as your background or dog, napalm drop whatever.
    the main rom is the old stable market because the new markets crash frequently when installed with the rom or not installed over that older market but if you install the rom than a theme you will have the newer market and they seem to be stable no crashes experienced thus far reported.

Push notification are in its infancy they will get more involved right now they are similair to tweets. but allow us to let you know when fixes re available although we dont have many of those it just works.

this rom is based off the new 2.2.2 frg83g source and the market codes have changed. and each time they do that it takes a little bit for it to auto download all your apps. but i have never had a problem with at least 95% of my apps installing on install if i installed rom than gapps than booted into rom fist time signed in with green android guy.

please read the release notes in sourceryrom at DF it will help with most issues. if you read them ahead of time. adn also lets you know whats in experimental. we will also send out push messages when we change the experimentals out and such.

visit us at sourceryrom.com or irc freenode #sourcery also availble from our website if you have any problems or questions or sufggestions .

You know of a new port, new cool opensource app what ever let us know and we can make it easily available to everyone else with 1 push in the rom.

importanet USB debugging must be turned on for the rom features to wor.

Hope you enjoy and let us know what you dont well liek Jeff.
    our dad is a television repair man and has an ultimate set of tools we can fix it.

solo65impala likes this.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews