• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] SSX 2.2 by ChevyNo1 (with 1% battery!!!)

I took the plunge and it runs great. And, looks great with BWC. Early to tell but the battery seems really good. 1% battery works but circle battery widget does not.

Difference in themed and non is themed has Chevy's theme running on it and unthemed looks like regular GB. I did the unthemed version and restored theme chooser to apply BWC. Maybe the themed version has theme chooser built in but I don't know that for sure. I'd probably go with the themed version next time as you can change it if you don't like it.

I didn't have to flash GApps as most were built in. Did have to restore a cpl in Titanium.

Upvote 0
Themed version does indeed have theme chooser.

I flashed it last night, and I'm pretty much loving it. It's quick and smooth, no real FC's, and wifi is working for me as compared to 2.1. Battery life is also stellar, only used 20% in 6 hours and 45 minutes of straight music playing and light web browsing. Overall, I'd say it's good.

Upvote 0
Reactions: JayeMaRe
Upvote 0
Speed and stability of this are great. However, after a week of running it.. there's 2 tthings pushing me away:

- wifi connects, but I don't actually have any internet
- 0% battery notice comes up often once <20% os left on the battery

Any of you experiencing the same?

Yeah i'm getting the same wifi issue. On another forum people are talking about disabling a certain script. But i can't find any scripts pertaining to the wifi.

I also don't seem to be getting the battery that some others are experiencing.

Upvote 0
no wifi issues for me.

I think the scripts they were referring too were overclocking scripts actually. not a wifi script.

I do have a new problem albeit minor

I have a brightness toggle in my pull down powerwidget thing. I can set it to dimm, lock the screen then when i press a button to bring up the lock screen from a black screen it defaults back to full brightness.

Upvote 0
Alright, so this is a little weird. I since I couldn't connect to wifi i decide to restore back to one of my back ups which is .605, rooted, deodexed with an envy theme. (I think it was envy.) I wiped everything before restoring that backup (data, cache and dalvik.) After that loaded i wiped again and flashed the original SSX zip file.

After that loaded, I check wifi, and its working. Awesome. What's weird is that the first time i flashed SSX i still had some of the envy theme showing up on the rom. The second time I flashed SSX there is no sign of the envy theme. In fact i double checked i flashed the correct zip file it looks so different.

I don't know what I did for the envy theme not to show up and could that have affected the wifi?

I guess for the others experiencing wifi issues, try going back to stock .605 and reflash the original SSX file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones