• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Stable][23 Dec 2011] Jet 1.0

varun.chitre15

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2011
Sangli
Presenting the all new Jet 1.0 for Micromax A60

---Features---
1.Rooted
2.Busybox Added
3.Zipaligned
4.Nano Editor added
5.Bash added
6.Auto memory killer(Not an app)
7.Wireless tether(app) added
8.Added init.d support
9.Added Apps2sd

Link:
[ROM]JetA60.zip
second link
Download [ROM]JetA60.zip for free on uploading.com
Thanks to amansingh for reuploading

Instructions to flash(please keep the backup of your current ROM preserved[IMP])
1.Place the zip in your root of sd card
2.reboot into recovery(You will need custom recovery it will not work on stock recovery)
3.wipe data and wipe dalvik cache(IMP)
4.choose install zip from sd card and locate your file and flash
5.reboot!!!!

Credits:
amansingh6940 for testing

Thanks for this work bcoz Rom works fine as but still it is android2.1........ looks good because no change with the original look of stock rom just with few features added as you have said.........the thing i have not tested is app2sd feature and also explorer not starting giving black screen, rest of the things are working fine .....Although one thing is that it is still 2.1 and we guys using A60 are getting bored of Android2.1 either it is stock or custom. Is there any chance of Android2.2?

Upvote 0
Thanks for this work bcoz Rom works fine as but still it is android2.1........ looks good because no change with the original look of stock rom just with few features added as you have said.........the thing i have not tested is app2sd feature and also explorer not starting giving black screen, rest of the things are working fine .....Although one thing is that it is still 2.1 and we guys using A60 are getting bored of Android2.1 either it is stock or custom. Is there any chance of Android2.2?
Oh thanks for the review.
This was just a basic i will try to make 2.2 but let's make the 2.1 best first.
Ok i will get into work from now i think i can boost your A60 by all means by using full potential of the handset.
I will release the update shortly with tons of improvement but it will be 2.1 currently.
Cheer up!!!!!!
:D:D
And yes how you flashed?? using stock recovery or custom recovery?
How is the performance(I have not improved the performance yet but still curious)
That file explorer was old that's why it is not working i will put latest one and some more good stuff in the update u will surely like it.
Wait for the new update shortly.

Reactions: amansingh6940
Upvote 0
@ Varun- Thanks for your devotion towards a60 because after a long time it is seen that there is someone who is going to help and care for the device that micromax sticked to me(in simple micromax ne china ka dabba hame chipka ke apna palra jharr liya. I purchased this device for the price above 6500 and now .......... and after few months a70 arrived just a few price hike nd micro*** dropped a60 price and value......... and i think now this same is going to happen with your a70 as now a75 have arrived which will dropp your device's price, value and resale, moreover after a75 successful sales micromax will forget that any device named a70 exists )..
Anyway thanks and wait for new update..

Upvote 0
@ Varun- Thanks for your devotion towards a60 because after a long time it is seen that there is someone who is going to help and care for the device that micromax sticked to me(in simple micromax ne china ka dabba hame chipka ke apna palra jharr liya. I purchased this device for the price above 6500 and now .......... and after few months a70 arrived just a few price hike nd micro*** dropped a60 price and value......... )..
Anyway thanks and wait for new update..

Can you inform your other XDA friends because they are also waiting for the same

Upvote 0
That's great and also due to the problem of depositfiles download with download manager, a friend on xda asked for another link so i m reploading the rom over mediafire which will take few mins and after that i will send a tip of the link to you. then you can update that link to your op
@amansingh6940
the miui rom of a60 is based on miui or just a themed rom

Upvote 0
That's great and also due to the problem of depositfiles download with download manager, a friend on xda asked for another link so i m reploading the rom over mediafire which will take few mins and after that i will send a tip of the link to you. then you can update that link to your op

I really thank you for this that you are doing this.
from here on i am doing to do this in the"Splittingway" only i request you that if it is possible for you then will u reupload everytime new update of ROM is released because uploading a 75MB file at 1st attempt is very difficult for me due to lack of bandwidth and upload failures.
I hope u will cooperate:D

Upvote 0
@Varun- I am ready to cooperate and i m sorry for being late due to the unexpected powercut by which i lost my router connection which inturn caused upload failure. now i have restarted upload hope this time i upload it with atleast 15mins..
@samroxx144- i don't know whether miui rom is actual or themed beacuse it newer worked on A60

Upvote 0
@Varun- friend please update your op with the new link [ROM]JetA60.zip to your rom and moreover app2sd feature not working in your rom.. + wireless teeher force close. The two major changes i have noticed are quick response and some increase in battery backup
Updated link...
In my next update i am going to remove Apps2sd because it just moves .apk and data but the huge lib files are kept in internal memory.
i am going to add link2sd and move2sd enabler in my update.
Link2sd: Useful for those who can partition their sd card and move the full app to sd card.
Move2sd enabler: useful for those who have low capacity sd card and cannot partition sd card. the concept behind this app is exactly same as apps2sd.
The wireless tether app is old thats why its force closing. I will add new version with sum other useful stuff:D

Upvote 0
well then have 2 wait for new update and also add more features that will make the rom unique in 2.1.....Is there any way that you know to edit framework-res.jar by which we can get toggle icons in the notification bar? if you know please include in your next release

I will try it.
Can you post quadrant score of this ROM.
And also post quadrant score of stock ROM. if u don't know stock ROM score then ask someone the stock ROM score who are on stock ROM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones