• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.3 Android 2.2

Not sure if this is a software issue or human error. I have a problem with setcpu. I have set a profile when the screen goes black to set the cpu at 400/250 and when screen turns on its supposed to go back to 1200/250. however it stays at 400/250 even if the screen turns on. I already auto detected it and rebooted the phone. I never had this problem before. Could it be the new update for the setcpu :(

Upvote 0
Does anyone know a way to get to the activation screen?

You mean the screen to sign in to your Google account? Settings>Accounts & sync, then Add Account, then Google, then sign in.

If you're talking about activating the phone itself, go into the dialer and dial *22891 and wait for it to go through programming and confirm that your phone is activated.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is a software issue or human error. I have a problem with setcpu. I have set a profile when the screen goes black to set the cpu at 400/250 and when screen turns on its supposed to go back to 1200/250. however it stays at 400/250 even if the screen turns on. I already auto detected it and rebooted the phone. I never had this problem before. Could it be the new update for the setcpu :(

I had some issues as well with the new setcpu. It takes a lot more tweaking now, especially with the way you set up priorities. I would recommend starting a thread about the updated setcpu (if there isn't one already...haven't looked yet) to see what other people recommend as profiles. I would be interested in this as well as I'm still tweaking it.

Upvote 0
I had some issues as well with the new setcpu. It takes a lot more tweaking now, especially with the way you set up priorities. I would recommend starting a thread about the updated setcpu (if there isn't one already...haven't looked yet) to see what other people recommend as profiles. I would be interested in this as well as I'm still tweaking it.

thats why i haven't used setcpu since pete came out with his script. really don't need setcpu anymore. the script is set so that it uses an ondemand governor so when the phone is not being used its at the lowest clock and when its on its at the highest. i'm using a 1ghz kernel. also battery life seems to be the same compared to when i was using setcpu anyway so i stopped using it altogether.

Upvote 0
thats why i haven't used setcpu since pete came out with his script. really don't need setcpu anymore. the script is set so that it uses an ondemand governor so when the phone is not being used its at the lowest clock and when its on its at the highest. i'm using a 1ghz kernel. also battery life seems to be the same compared to when i was using setcpu anyway so i stopped using it altogether.

Getting back on track, this rom is great, have no issues, installed over 0.2.1 without wiping.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded this and its pretty cool but its not me. I tried to restore one of my backups and I got stuck on the motorola logo. I tried to fix permissions, manual recovery, use rom manager to restore and Im still getting stuck @ the motorola logo.And ideas on how to get past this?? Thanks

What kernel did you use? I used 1.25Ghz, and it was too much for my Droid and I got stuck in a boot loop.

Reboot into ClockworkMod and do a nandroid restore using the most current date, which should pretty much get you back to where you were before installing BB. That's what I did, and it worked like a charm.

Then, reinstall BB.03 and use a slightly slower kernel.

This is a very SMOOTH running rom!

Upvote 0
Can someone confirm that Swype works with BB0.3? I loaded it up and then immediately loaded Fab's DroidX theme on top of it so I'm not sure which one killed Swype. If someone can confirm that Swype works with plain BB0.3 then I'll assume that means that the theme killed it and go back to fresh 0.3.

Thanks.

I tried to use Swype fresh after installing BB.03 (no themes at that point), and it did NOT work. Still does not work. I'm assuming that it doesn't work with a true FroYo rom. Tried JRummy's from source rom and it force closed before even opening up. I'm using Slide-it for now. It's pretty much the same thing. I'll use Swype again when it's fixed.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I tried to use Swype fresh after installing BB.03 (no themes at that point), and it did NOT work. Still does not work. I'm assuming that it doesn't work with a true FroYo rom. Tried JRummy's from source rom and it force closed before even opening up. I'm using Slide-it for now. It's pretty much the same thing. I'll use Swype again when it's fixed.

Swype works for me.

Upvote 0
I hereby name Pete Alfonso my FAVORITE developer (not to leave anyone out, there are several GREAT developers, but Pete is a ROCK STAR!!!!!!)

BB Vo. 03 is PERFECT for me so far. I've tried several Froyo roms, and this one seems to be as good as the 2.1 version, which I thought was literally flawless.

I'm especially happy now that I have my smoked glass theme back. However, I miss the extras that Fab includes with NexTheme. In my opinion, NexTheme would be PERFECT with a smoked glass effect. I'll probably go back and forth between the black/white smoked glass theme and NexTheme.

The only *issue* I've found so fart is that Swype doesn't work for me (I realize it does work for some). I think it's a problem on Swype's end (but I could be wrong). Maybe they will update the beta version to work better with Froyo.

Upvote 0
Wow. So far, so good. This is the first BB Froyo ROM that didn't reboot within a few minutes of loading it. And even with the stock kernel it's fast. Just loaded Fab's NexTheme over top of it and now going to get everything set up. I decided to wipe data/cache even though I was already on a Froyo ROM as it's helped ensure I don't end up with issues in the past. I actually don't mind setting up my screens (in fact, I enjoy it). Excellent work as usual, Pete. I just bought you a few beers!

Upvote 0
Hey, guys. Admittedly, I'm a noobie, but I've done a lot of reading so far and a lot of flashing. One thing I have never been able to accomplish on ANY froyo rom is get wireless tethering to work. Does this rom support it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, it does. But you will need to grab it from the Market. I have the one written by Muller, Lemons & Buxton and seems to be very Droid-friendly.

Reactions: radio five
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes, it does. But you will need to grab it from the Market. I have the one written by Muller, Lemons & Buxton and seems to be very Droid-friendly.

Thanks for the speedy reply, djkeller3, but, unfortunately, I've tried that one. I believe the latest is 2.0.2 (theory of evolution). I've also tried earlier versions and barnacle. Perhaps it's what I'm trying to tether? I'm just trying to tether DS's and PSP's. (Got a 10 hour drive with 3 kids + 1 wife coming up :thinking: )
I'm at a loss. Ironically, this afternoon at work I was messing around with it and a co-worker's iphone was the first device to briefly "see" it for the first time.
Normally, it doesn't show up at all.
Any ideas? (I'm totally not trying to jack this thread, btw...)

Upvote 0
Hey, guys. Admittedly, I'm a noobie, but I've done a lot of reading so far and a lot of flashing. One thing I have never been able to accomplish on ANY froyo rom is get wireless tethering to work. Does this rom support it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

This release didn't include the typical wifi tether that pete has been putting in his roms so I installed an old .apk I had on file from bugless beast 2.0.1 and it's working fine with chevy's ulv 1.2ghz kernel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones