• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.5 Android 2.2 FRG22D

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 64 60.4%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Here is a screenshot of it that it does work

snap20100922220723.png

also here is how smooth the fps run i used the app Fps2D

snap20100922221337.png

Upvote 0
Off the top of my head, I can't think of another time where I was so happy to be so wrong. Thank you, Pete - you'll be receiving a rather nice donation from this guy in the next few minutes - your hard work is certainly appreciated, even if I was probably your most vocal critic during the period of little to no activity (that we as casual users and not testers) could see.

Upvote 0
Off the top of my head, I can't think of another time where I was so happy to be so wrong. Thank you, Pete - you'll be receiving a rather nice donation from this guy in the next few minutes - your hard work is certainly appreciated, even if I was probably your most vocal critic during the period of little to no activity (that we as casual users and not testers) could see.

Hah. I just PM'd you just before I saw your post to give you a little heck about 20 days from your predicted demise of BB 0.5

:)

You took the hit like a man.

Good on ya ;)

I will install this tonight or tomorrow and give it a whirl and be on here a lot reading other's observations.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hah. I just PM'd you just before I saw your post to give you a little heck about 20 days from your predicted demise of BB 0.5

:)

You took the hit like a man.

Good on ya ;)

I will install this tonight or tomorrow and give it a whirl and be on here a lot reading other's observations.

Cheers

I said I'd happily eat crow if I was wrong, and that's EXACTLY what I'm doing. Quite delicious, if we're being honest. :-D

Upvote 0
I said I'd happily eat crow if I was wrong, and that's EXACTLY what I'm doing. Quite delicious, if we're being honest. :-D

Hah!

Very nice.

Mmm, Crow! The other, other, other white meat!

A couple of my proclamations over the years ranked right up there with "This Titanic ship will never sink!"

I will be interested to see how this stacks with some of the new ROM's that are doing so well

Cheers

Upvote 0
Don't have much time to do a full review, but just wanted to post something: WOW!

Pete youve out done yourself with this one. My biggest gripes with 2.2 seem to be resolved, most notably the market opens quickly and the gallery generates albums super fast.

I haven't put it through its paces yet, but so far I've also seen the least amount of lag in home screen re-draws. In fact I haven't noticed any lag so far at all.

Threw a donation your way pete. Friday us payday, I'll try to give more! Thanks!

Upvote 0
I just installed this ROM on my droid and its working great. I have a question though. I was looking into a tutorial on changing the DPI setting of the screen over at Droid Life and have run into this problem.

hey im trying to do this on my droid that is running Bugless Beast V0.5 and when I type the following line:

"nano /system/build.prop" & hit enter

all I get is:

nano: not found

What do I do now? Do I just keep on entering the next lines of code or am I missing something here? Thanks

Upvote 0
I cannot get any of my apps to move to the SD card - I used the scripts in Terminal Emulator - anyone have any ideas? I'm just about out of space :(

Also, I miss the menu button to bypass the lockscreen and the music controls on the lockscreen from CM6 - are these options somewhere in this ROM or did he not include them?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones