The kick in the pants is that I have been sitting on the GPS tweak for a few months as part of a yet untested 108 Triumph script. Had tested a few servers outside the US but had not made much difference so had not tested the few remaining server settings I had found. Was one day doing a logcat on Sharp with the USB out of the window trying to find something when I remembered I had not tested the Asian server settings and that most likely Sharp was still set up using Asian servers so took a look and sure enough it was not set for north American GPS servers. What I had put out previously was the same server settings from the Sharp Rom. After a few days doing 20 or 30 Navigation tests each with other Asian server settings found that although the Sharp server could connect the fastest was not always the most consistent over 20 or 30 tests and would have 2 or 3 instances of taking a minute or 2. Decided on using one of the others I had that although could sometimes take a few seconds longer then the Sharp value worked out with a better average over a higher number of tests. Give thanks to BSydz as if not for his Sharp port would not have thought to look.