• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Stock 3.15.651.16 Odex/Deodex (Jelly Bean) + Firmware

No firmware in roms, but kernels, yes.

Okay, so will this ROM run okay with firmware 1.12.11.0809? I flashed it a few days ago and have not noticed any issues so far. I just did not want to go through the whole process of re-locking and running the RUU to get the updated firmware, and then go through the whole unlocking process again.

Upvote 0
People keep talking about RUU and stuff now... I'm lost. Is this different than Viper's ROM that I flashed a few days ago? From what I gather the RUU is the actual OS from HTC and the one he did before is recompiled from a captured OTA that was pushed out? Is he doing another ROM now based off of that?

Yes, the RUU is a ROM Update Utility. Its basically the full update that you run from your PC.

They should be basically the same, but most devs will re-base off of the official RUU rather than the old RUU with the OTA updates patched in.

Upvote 0
I've gone to sense for the moment as I wanted to check this rom out. I've had no real problem but did have to do a bit of cleaning up in order to get it to run and look the way I want it to. Will Keep this on for a day or two and then go back to PAC Man. I found with this though that you can ADB just like with ICS. It is different with the AOSP ROMS going to be interesting to see how they work with ADB. I was happy to find that this works very well with it and I had no trouble running my script.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones