• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Stock Jellybean 4.1.2

zjones. Thank you so much for the guidance and your "Stock JB ZJones.zip" file. It saved me for sure. I just got my Reverb up and running on Jelly Bean 4.1.2, with CWM Recovery installed, and superuser(root) functional. It was not that easy. There is a lot of disjointed info out there. Most of it is accurate, and mush not relevant to my particular case. Your help was the key, especially when I soft-bricked without a JB image to fall back on.

Upvote 0
I had a problem with GPS too. My recent reinstall of JB involved factory/data reset, flash of JB, busybox and supersu. Then I wiped the sdext2 partition that I use for Link2SD. Seems like it might have caused some issues with apps that I reinstalled that were on there before. Since I have done all this the only issue I've had has been the random unresponsive screen when in lockscreen. I turned off lockscreen and for the time being I have not encountered the unresponsive touchscreen. It's running well so far and GPS appears to be working fine. I have to test the GPS a little more though. I ran Google MyTracks yesterday and it stopped tracking about 1/2 way through my ride but I don't know if it was due to my phone being in my pocket.

Upvote 0
Saigon - don't weep, there may be a fix. First, did the SGR root, but now you just have the triangle? Did you run Root Checker? If it did root, I wouldn't worry about yellow triangle. It should only show up on recovery boot (Vol Up + Power). If it did NOT root, just restart the process as described on the post http://androidforums.com/reverb-all...g-returning-ics-stock-forcing-ota-update.html. This covers the process using CWM Recovery.

Read this thread before using "Triangle Away". I decided NOT to worry about it, since there are risks. The flash count is what it is. If you don't ever need a warranty claim, I think it is not a problem, but that is just my opinion. http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobile-galaxy-s3-all-things-root/752415-phone-status-modified.html

Also forgot to ask if you have earlier version of Reverb or the out-of-the-box with JB 4.1.2? The latter may not root properly according to what I have read on this forum.

Good luck to you!

Reactions: cfreeman90
Upvote 0
I have a galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3110 jellybean 4.2.2 rooted with cyanogenmod 10.1.3.

I want to downgrade to jellybean 4.1 as I hate jb4.2.i can't find much online how to do this without a nandroid backup which I never made. I'm cautious to attempt anything I've read so far since my cm10.1.3 is for jb4.2 and will likely brick my device if I try anything without first removing the cyanogenmod. Anybody have advice how I can achieve this?

Upvote 0
hi zjones,
recently i have bought a samsung galaxy tab s with 4.4.2 kit kat installed. however when i tried to install whatsapp to the device, it just prompt me error message “the version of the whatsapp dont support thr device”. i have searched for solution and downloaded whatsapp plus but since i got it from other web it and not the play store, it just prompt me an error message “x no application” then dont allow me to go furthur. i have sent a message to whatsapp tech support days ago but still waiting. what is that message? so i made up my mind and decided to go back to jelly bean which i have been very comfortable in using on my galaxy note 8. Zjones, please let me know whether i can downgrade the rom from Kitkat 4.4.2 to jellybean 4.1.2. And most importantly, where can i get this specific rom for my galaxy tab s?
best regards,
Patrick

For those of you who still haven't gotten the Jelly Bean update on your Reverb, please download the file below to upgrade. Thanks to help from tyler1998, I got Jelly Bean on my Reverb. Once I had Jelly Bean, I made a backup of it in CWM. Then me, myself, I ported the backup to a flashable zip file. So, just flash the zip in CWM and you should have stock 4.1.2! If you are going to share this, please give me a little credit, since I dedicated my time and worked really hard to give you guys this. Thanks!

--Download Link: Dev-Host - Stock JB ZJones.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Upvote 0
For those of you who still haven't gotten the Jelly Bean update on your Reverb, please download the file below to upgrade. Thanks to help from tyler1998, I got Jelly Bean on my Reverb. Once I had Jelly Bean, I made a backup of it in CWM. Then me, myself, I ported the backup to a flashable zip file. So, just flash the zip in CWM and you should have stock 4.1.2! If you are going to share this, please give me a little credit, since I dedicated my time and worked really hard to give you guys this. Thanks!

--Download Link: Dev-Host - Stock JB ZJones.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Both Malwarebytes and Avast flag this file as malware. I took a chance anyway, and it bricked my phone. Glad it worked for some people, but I can't even get anything whatsoever when I try to turn on my phone, not even the Samsung logo.

Any ideas about how I bring this Reverb back to life?

Upvote 0
Both Malwarebytes and Avast flag this file as malware. I took a chance anyway, and it bricked my phone. Glad it worked for some people, but I can't even get anything whatsoever when I try to turn on my phone, not even the Samsung logo.

Any ideas about how I bring this Reverb back to life?
Volume down and power with the phone off, volume up at the warning.

If you see download mode, then it's fixable.

Upvote 0
Volume down and power with the phone off, volume up at the warning.

If you see download mode, then it's fixable.
Thanks for the reply and advice. I did get to the download screen, but after three hours it appeared that nothing was actually downloading, so I pulled the battery to try again. Now I cannot get anything: no Samsung logo, no recovery options, no warning with the download option. Any other ideas? I really appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones