• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][STOCK][NO-ROOT] Stock ROM without root

So as you can imagine, quite a few people root their phones without realizing what that truly means; or something goes wrong with their phone, and they have to take it to Metro to get it fixed. In either case, unrooting may be a good option. However, if you uninstall the SuperSU app, the su binary is still there, so now you are in a very bad spot. Well, assuming your bootloader is unlocked, you can use this zip to go back to OUT OF THE BOX STOCK, that means no root, no busybox, and no custom recovery. Don't worry, if your bootloader is unlocked, it will remain unlocked.

What does this do?
This ROM will do the following:
  • Remove all of your data and cache
  • Replace your system with the stock system
  • Unroot your device
  • Flash stock recovery
You have been warned.

Download
Link:http://goo.gl/FPqErw
QR Code:
chart

Okay, don't ask why because I have no clue, but the theme and the boot animation are wrong. I have checked everything, and I cannot find the issue, unless maybe the MetroPCS boot animation got corrupted in the process of being packed into an image. Also, for whatever reason, the default theme will not apply. Not sure why, so breezy is defaulting instead. Idk.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i hard bricked a valiant y301a1 blue screen or pink screen. no recovery or fastboot option. i dl'd this file, formatted the sdcard, place the file sdcard/dload/update.app. and always recieve the update failed notification at 2/2. googling has proved unsuccessful. any suggestions?

Figures this file only works on Mac since the ext is .app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones