• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Stock|Root|DeOdex|DeBloated ZVE

To be honest i'm quite surprised, I believe you are the first one i have read that the update worked with a rooted phone... And it does suck that root got striped but Nice Work! :)

Thanks, I guess ;)

I usually read about something when I don't know where to start or after I mess it up really bad, lol. I STRONGLY ADVISE following directions, after all, two wrongs don't make a right. I was lucky maybe? :D

Reactions: gil_mar30
Upvote 0
i did the same,i was rooted with rom #2 2.5zvd,and i unrooted and did the updatething and within a few mins,i was up to date to zve,now trying to get things bk towards what i left off from,had sum probs with losing root and things but guess its fixed now lol,guess its time to tinker with somethings and see what happens ; )

Alright I'm in the same position as you do you know if there is certain way to re-root once your on ZVE or would you do the same thing as we all did the first time?

Like would this way work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4PGjTdRcc

Upvote 0
well im no programmer or anything but,i found a flaw flashing over zve,my 4g doesnt work,wifi good,just no 4g any ideas how to maybe get around it orsomething i can do

Honestly that's why I'm so scared to re-root it because even right now I'm having that problem as well... 4G will come on for about 30 seconds then so service for about 5 minutes then 3G will come on and stay but the 4G wont come back for a while

Upvote 0
Honestly that's why I'm so scared to re-root it because even right now I'm having that problem as well... 4G will come on for about 30 seconds then so service for about 5 minutes then 3G will come on and stay but the 4G wont come back for a while

when you flash to zve everything should work find,4g,3g,and all,im having issues cause i wanted to see wat would happen if i flashed a rom over zve,you all good wen u flash to zve,its just bk to like a stock om,out of box,sorry to throw u off ;)

Upvote 0

Unless something on your phone is gonna save the world (or your life) just do a full wipe, install a rom of your liking, go thru the LG update to zve, re-root, install cwm then install your rom of choice. Nothing I do is worth all this backup/ nandroid nonsense so for me, I DON'T CARE! lol, all in good spirit :D

Upvote 0
Unless something on your phone is gonna save the world (or your life) just do a full wipe, install a rom of your liking, go thru the LG update to zve, re-root, install cwm then install your rom of choice. Nothing I do is worth all this backup/ nandroid nonsense so for me, I DON'T CARE! lol, all in good spirit :D

thsta wat i did,then flashed rom #2 2.5 n have no 4g,3g,only wifi,any clue wat i can do or try

Upvote 0
when you flash to zve everything should work find,4g,3g,and all,im having issues cause i wanted to see wat would happen if i flashed a rom over zve,you all good wen u flash to zve,its just bk to like a stock om,out of box,sorry to throw u off ;)

No not your fault man lol once I get done with this craziness I'll let ya know how it went 'pray for the best expect the worst!'

I did do that I just said whatever and Wiped out everything HaHa I'm going for it right now... what you said is exactly what i was planing on doing! Thanks man :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No not your fault man lol once I get done with this craziness I'll let ya know how it went 'pray for the best expect the worst!'

I did do that I just said whatever and Wiped out everything HaHa I'm going for it right now... what you said is exactly what i was planing on doing! Thanks man :D

You're gonna be fine... Can't worry bout everything in life. It's all in our makers hands :D

As far as my 4G? It's a lot like my paychecks... It comes then IT GOES :mad:
It works 90% of the time so I'm good w that.

Hope all works out for you.. We will all experience a different out come for the most part but the beautiful thing I found about this forum/ community is with the sheer amount of support and knowledge, you can't go wrong (as long as you read) ;)

Upvote 0
No problem that was the first thing that i found out when i got the update i came on here and was heartbroken that i couldn't use #2 v2.8.1 my fav. Rom

if i had the slightest clue on the whole rom ceation,id be on it as much as im enjoying andoid os and as much as im on this comp, you think id lean sumthing by now lol :D,i know wat you feel like nt having your favorite rom i mjss 2 2.5 zvd,ldrifta HELP lol im rom sick ;)

Upvote 0
another thing when PG says 'run the installer script for your OS' i have no idea witch one it is i know i'm a noob lol these are both of them after UnZipped

IMG0011.jpg

IMG0022.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones