• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Stock76 - Stock77

Ya...no matter what I've tried, I just can't get more than 5mp out of the Google camera unless I decompile the app. I'll try later just been super busy lately.
For other people that want to use the hwcamera, just pace it in system/apps and set permissions then restart.
I use the hwcamera just for its hd feature

That's because the hardware can't detect more than 5mp.... that should be pretty obvious.
There's some high end software for pcthat can edit as n image to make it look like it's higher Res but it works like "high-speed" cameras that just fill in the blanks between actual frames.

Upvote 0
That's because the hardware can't detect more than 5mp.... that should be pretty obvious.
There's some high end software for pcthat can edit as n image to make it look like it's higher Res but it works like "high-speed" cameras that just fill in the blanks between actual frames.

sorry i meant 3mp which is what you end up with the google cam

Upvote 0
Things are gettin kinda slow here, so i thought id finish up Stock76.
Final Stock77 added to op with updated screenshots as well.
faster, smaller, trimmed the fat.
DSPmanager (cm9 version) working with GPM. the ONLY sound mod youll ever need. and it works too.

It seems like a lot of good work [and love] went into this! Thx! What about http://androidforums.com/premia-4g-all-things-root/743777-rom-stock-beta.html? Is this still ongoing or does Stock77 "take its place"?

Upvote 0
It seems like a lot of good work [and love] went into this! Thx! What about http://androidforums.com/premia-4g-all-things-root/743777-rom-stock-beta.html? Is this still ongoing or does Stock77 "take its place"?
Thanks, i actually spent a week and alot of nights testing out apps and such.
stock+, i do wanna work on it more, and make it as stock google as i can..its going to receive a custom kernel (3.0.8) as soon as i can get past a few small compiling errors, which takes alot of time and patience that i cant afford atm.

Upvote 0
Thanks, i actually spent a week and alot of nights testing out apps and such.
stock+, i do wanna work on it more, and make it as stock google as i can..its going to receive a custom kernel (3.0.8) as soon as i can get past a few small compiling errors, which takes alot of time and patience that i cant afford atm.

As much as I like the idea of Stock77, I may wait for a ROM that has a custom kernel. The hardware is not bad on this phone. But, having a ROM that is truly different from MetroPCS would make it even better! Does this make sense? Custom over Stock?

EDIT: I came across this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid. I'm not sure if this applies/helps here?

Upvote 0
Flash player doesn't work on Stock77
I uninstalled and reinstalled from play store to fix it

Also there is a update for Nova Launcher but it cant update
(I assume it being a system app is the issue)

Do I just convert to user app and update it then convert back to system?
should I install another launcher as "backup" before hand?

Upvote 0
Flash player doesn't work on Stock77
I uninstalled and reinstalled from play store to fix it

Also there is a update for Nova Launcher but it cant update
(I assume it being a system app is the issue)

Do I just convert to user app and update it then convert back to system?
should I install another launcher as "backup" before hand?
Ya I guess the signing messes up being able to update. Just install a different launcher before uninstalling
So stock 77 has better battery life?
Yup. Better than stock. Check the screen shots.

Upvote 0
After flashing this I cannot get Bluetooth to turn on at all. Has anyone else experienced this? I had it happen on original ROM about a month ago. I restored a nandroid backup and got it back. I'm about to re-flash this and see if it happens again.
I just tested and it happened to me, tho I don't use Bluetooth. I'll fix it when I get back into town.

Upvote 0
wow!!....thanx for the link...I'm not scared of 4shared....and this rom whoops on dusk+...and I thought dusk was the one.....the download was like Xmas...the install/flash was flawless...the christening boot was flawless.......it's beautiful ....massive respect :)

Thank you, I recommend nandroid manager for restoring your apps and sms, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones