• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Stock76 - Stock77

this rom flashes like butter....only had one issue ..but, i fixed it ..one of the modules for XposeD broke root...so i just uninstalled it and reflashed without wipe ..and BAM...fast too ...

one question....has anyone had a red border flashing after reboot/during apps loading and stuff?

i'm not worried..just wondering.....if my high priced Huawei premia with massive support from the factory (dang thing was discontinued like what?...2months ago...last Huawei for me if i can help it) all of the sudden bursts into flames .. i don't think i'll cry for it...maybe all the goofy trouble i went through figuring out root

...and figuring out how NOT TO CHANGE THE FONT...yup..i'm on my second one...i completly bricked the first one

...with a font

how leet

Upvote 0
this rom flashes like butter....only had one issue ..but, i fixed it ..one of the modules for XposeD broke root...so i just uninstalled it and reflashed without wipe ..and BAM...fast too ...

one question....has anyone had a red border flashing after reboot/during apps loading and stuff?

i'm not worried..just wondering.....if my high priced Huawei premia with massive support from the factory (dang thing was discontinued like what?...2months ago...last Huawei for me if i can help it) all of the sudden bursts into flames .. i don't think i'll cry for it...maybe all the goofy trouble i went through figuring out root

...and figuring out how NOT TO CHANGE THE FONT...yup..i'm on my second one...i completly bricked the first one

...with a font

how leet

weird that xposed broke root. ive never used xposed so i never noticed.
and what is this red border thing you speak of?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the ROM! I just moved from an LG Motion to this Huawei Premia and was happy to find this easy root and ROM replacement. I really like this ROM, but have a couple of questions:

1. The Nova Launcher has an option to display counts for certain things (SMS, emails, and so on). To enable this, you have to install their TeslaUnread Plugin. This installs fine from Play, but after you configure it, it gives this message:

"TeslaUnread rejecting unofficial Nova Launcher. Please uninstall it and install only the official version."

Anything that can be done about this?

2. Nova Launcher has been upgraded from v2.2.2 in this ROM to v2.2.3. Any way that we can upgrade it? I tried backing it up and forcing an uninstall using TitaniumBackup, but it still wouldn't install the latest version from Play.

3. One feature that I really liked on my Motion with a custom ROM was the ability to select different icons in the Notifications bar (i.e. when you slide it down). In other words, putting some alternatives for some of the buttons (like removing Bluetooth and Airplane mode and replacing them with something such as a brightness toggle and a screen-rotation-lock toggle). Anyone know of a way to do this either with this ROM or with another app?

4. Any way to make it auto-enter Power saving mode when it hits a certain percentage of battery left? My Motion ROM had all sorts of settings for the PowerSave mode (like when to enable it and what features it changed/disabled when it entered that mode), but I don't see anything other than just turning it on manually in this one.

Thanks!

- John...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the ROM! I just moved from an LG Motion to this Huawei Premia and was happy to find this easy root and ROM replacement. I really like this ROM, but have a couple of questions:

1. The Nova Launcher has an option to display counts for certain things (SMS, emails, and so on). To enable this, you have to install their TeslaUnread Plugin. This installs fine from Play, but after you configure it, it gives this message:

"TeslaUnread rejecting unofficial Nova Launcher. Please uninstall it and install only the official version."

Anything that can be done about this?

2. Nova Launcher has been upgraded from v2.2.2 in this ROM to v2.2.3. Any way that we can upgrade it? I tried backing it up and forcing an uninstall using TitaniumBackup, but it still wouldn't install the latest version from Play.

3. One feature that I really liked on my Motion with a custom ROM was the ability to select different icons in the Notifications bar (i.e. when you slide it down). In other words, putting some alternatives for some of the buttons (like removing Bluetooth and Airplane mode and replacing them with something such as a brightness toggle and a screen-rotation-lock toggle). Anyone know of a way to do this either with this ROM or with another app?

4. Any way to make it auto-enter Power saving mode when it hits a certain percentage of battery left? My Motion ROM had all sorts of settings for the PowerSave mode (like when to enable it and what features it changed/disabled when it entered that mode), but I don't see anything other than just turning it on manually in this one.

Thanks!

- John...
thhe issue with #1 i was having with holo launcher also..i ended up just installing a different launcher first, then uninstalling nova..restarting, then redownloading nova from play store also. its a pian i know, i keep forgetting it has signing issues when i put it in sytem/app.

im not sure how to get it to go auto power saving mode..it just asks me all the time if i want to or not.

Upvote 0
That worked great for upgrading Nova Launcher to the latest version -- but then I discovered that, apparently, included in this ROM was Nova Launcher Prime? Because now that I've gone to the latest version of Nova Launcher, it tells me that counts and gestures are only included with Prime (which I don't have).

In any case, no biggie. I can buy Prime now if I want it. But it looks like Prime was maybe (accidentally?) included with this ROM?

- John...

Upvote 0
That worked great for upgrading Nova Launcher to the latest version -- but then I discovered that, apparently, included in this ROM was Nova Launcher Prime? Because now that I've gone to the latest version of Nova Launcher, it tells me that counts and gestures are only included with Prime (which I don't have).

In any case, no biggie. I can buy Prime now if I want it. But it looks like Prime was maybe (accidentally?) included with this ROM?

- John...
ill have to take a look..if its prime then ill have to take the link down and reupload the regular version. i use holo on my personal rom, and included nova in the release because people liked it better. never knew there was a premium version of nova :/

Upvote 0
*update-
apparently i goofed and put nova launcher prime in the rom...which i had no idea was cooked in there, as the apk i downloaded wasnt labeled "prime"
i do not use paid apps that i did not pay for, nor do i condone the use thereof, so i apologize profusely for the confusion.

i updated op with a version of stock 77 (stock 78.2) that has the free version of updated nova launcher. Thank you jgoggan for pointing this out to me.

Upvote 0
ahhhhh....figured it out ..the red border thingy...lol...apparently its's what you get when you put your phone in "Strict Mode Enabled" in the Developer Options....HA HA HA HAAA...if only i read the details of my actions...wooooo....too much coffee sometimes ....

yah...so ..i am no longer paranoid about that .....i'm thinking about keeping it on ...but, i wonder if it causes alot of battery drain...hmmmm

Upvote 0
Hey, guys, I have no doubt I must've done something wrong here... My Phone is the Huawei Premia 4G (M931) MetroPCS cell phone... Everything worked fine until it after the setup process and it then started popping up continuously with "Nova Launcher has stopped" or something like that... Fortunately, I had done a backup of my phone, prior to following the directions to install the Custom ROM, and I've been able to revert to the state it was in beforehand. It's working perfectly, the way it was before, once again. I've tried it a couple times, but each time, the Nova Launcher continues to have problems and won't let me do hardly anything. Has anyone experienced this, and/or, found a solution to it? I'd really love to try this Custom ROM... Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
I'm using the ROM from http://androidforums.com/premia-4g-all-things-root/736994-rom-jellybeansandwich.html [pretty sure anyway].

Initial symptoms: Error message about space when attempting to install an app. Check free space: Internal memory - I forget, External SD Card - 32 gigs here. Plenty of space.

I did something stupid and used a script from Titanium Backup Pro and moved all users apps to EX SD card. Stupid, TB will do it for you even though all user apps are NOT designed to be installed on an external SD card. Live and learn...

Like the title says, but of course I have Shabby's CWM working. The only way to get past this is removing the battery unless there's a key combo to restart.

What are the first steps to try in this situation? Although, I was thinking of trying Boneface's latest creation anyway. Is it simpler to just start over with a new ROM?

EDIT: Wow, I really ended up in hell here. I'm having trouble with the "Handset WinDriver.exe" that allowed me to connect my phone to my Windows 7 PC the last time I flashed a ROM. Besides double-clicking, do you have to do anything else? I'm in CWM. Does this make a difference when connecting via USB?

EDIT2: I rebooted the phone while USB connected and finally got the phone "connected". *** BUT ***, becuz my phone can't get past the boot animation, U can see it [windows explorer for example], but not access it. Is this useless or what??? It seems like the phone has to be "up and running" for USB access???

EDIT3: LImited options and lack of info here. I found a ROM on my external SD card, v4.zip, and flashed that so I could have a working phone for tomorrow. Maybe I'll verify that I can now USB access and transfer the latest ROM from this thread and flash that. I would really welcome some help/info going forward here.

Upvote 0
[I flashed "stock78.2.zip"] Has anyone found a work-a-round for this? I can't Power Down\Restart or do anything? I had Nova installed on a previous ROM, but I thought "Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvic would take care of that?

I posted last night and have not had any replies yet... Please someone respond... I'm not sure if I can install another launcher while the Nova popup keeps going.

EDIT: Ok, I got GO Launcher installed. But, what's the deal with Nova? I really hate GO Launcher. I'll have to find something else. I would like to use Nova...

EDIT2: There is probably a better, safer way to do this... I used Titanium Backup Pro to uninstall Nova [a system app], while using GO Launcher. Next, I installed Nova from the Play Store. It seems fine now.

EDIT3: Where does this "xposed" framework live? I can't find it. And, this "Root Browser" - it keeps asking to download something?

Upvote 0
I'll try the reinstall of the play store version...Nova is alot quicker than Go...I froze Holo Locker because Pandora has lock screen controls now and they don't show with non stock lockers....and I disabled Holo ..but,it still wants to run in the background

R U going to uninstall Nova first? What does Holo Locker do for me?

Upvote 0
Out of Space

"Pick your app" could not be installed. Free up some space and try again. Cancel or Manage applications.

This error message has been baffling me. The app in question does not seem to matter. If you read my previous post, you will see that this has happened on my previous ROM and now on the latest ROM from this thread. I check space. No prob. I clear cache. I have rebooted. Power down and power up. I can't seem to figure out how to troubleshoot this?

EDIT: The error seems to go away [seemingly by itself], but I have no idea why?? Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this??

Upvote 0
no...i kept Nova Launcher so i don't forget about it ...and it still has settings to go back to how it looked when i last used it...i'm a bit of a Launcher hoarder...and for a while i had more than 10 which is not exactly an achievement or something worthy of boasting about because they just suck resources by running in the background and take up space.

The HOLO Locker is just a locker app to give your phone a Jelleybean style locker ...i could'nt uninstall it because none of the apps i have on my phone let me...so ,instead of hunting for the perfect app to search and destroy ... i used App Quarantine to freeze it.

my Premia gives me the "you got no space" warning when i get down to 250 megs free or so...so so i just go and see whats trying to do it's own thing when i don't use it and get rid of it...if you have trouble with cached files or junk you forgot get Clean Master(Cleaner) at Google Play ....i don't hype too many apps .but, this one and Android Assistant have been some of the first things i dl or reinstall when i throw a new ROM on my phone...

Upvote 0
[snip]

my Premia gives me the "you got no space" warning when i get down to 250 megs free or so...so so i just go and see whats trying to do it's own thing when i don't use it and get rid of it...if you have trouble with cached files or junk you forgot get Clean Master(Cleaner) at Google Play ....i don't hype too many apps .but, this one and Android Assistant have been some of the first things i dl or reinstall when i throw a new ROM on my phone...

I have plenty of space - a lot more than 250MB, For example: My external SD card is 32GB and I am using just a fraction of that. My internal storage is 2GB free of a total of 2.4GB. There must some "process" to go through when this error appears?

Upvote 0
try this.....just try it....turn off the phone...open the back...take out SD...put SD back....turn on phone ...go to the play store...get Clean Master and let it do its thing and maybe it'll show you something you missed...it's possible..i miss things allllllll the time...but,then again i'm brain damaged...

do you have more than one partition on your SD card?.....get a program like Android Assistant and check and see how many things are running in the background .....

i'm not smart...i don't know that much....it's gotta be somthing right there...we miss alot of stuff till we run into it... :) good luck

Upvote 0
or try this......when i first took my SD out of the phone i had before i didnt format it sooooo...... for the longest time i did'nt even notice i had 2 partitions on my SD ...still had the old file system from the Samsung Admire.....it's kinda a big thing to not notice you only have so much when you only have a 4gig SD ....or at least it is for me...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

duno if ill get in trouble for posting that....but, give that a whirl...click at the top where the drive addresses are and it'll bring down a menu of what drives you have available for you to possibly goof up of or fix(i goof up alot) .

just saying...i might be the only person that may be trying to help ...so im just shooting ideas at you ....and just because i'm simple does not mean i think everyone else is... once again :) good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones