• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] SuperROM B13 v4.2 {updated 6-8-14}

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Invisible
DISCLAIMER: By using this ROM, you understand that only YOU are responsible for anything good or bad that may come from it.

For Boost Mobile ZTE Warp Sequent only.

This ROM is based on the newest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 B13 update. Some apps have been removed to reduce size and bloat, some apps added because they are great. It uses Epic Launcher based on AOSP 4.4.2, has Xposed Framework pre-installed, includes Tweaked Mms.apk, Serenity kernel, Google Keyboard, wifi tether, performance tweaks, host file tweaks, Kit Kat themed status bar, AOSP Lockscreen, and more. Enjoy :)

How To Install:

1. Download warp2_SuperROM_B13_v4.2.zip to your sdcard
  2. Reboot into CWM recovery
  3. MAKE A BACKUP (optional, but highly recommended)
  4. Wipe data/Factoy reset
  5. Install warp2_SuperROM_B13_v4.2.zip from sdcard
  6. Reboot
  7. Enjoy!

NOTE: Since this ROM is unsigned, Signature Verification will need to be disabled in CWM. This can be accomplished in the same menu as "Choose zip from sdcard". It says something like Toggle signature verification.

NOTE2: I recommend turning on Power Toggles, which gives you the notification area power widgets

NOTE3: Your device must have CWM to flash ROMs. If it doesn't, please check out Warp2 CWM & Root Flasher

NOTE4: This ROM does not update partitions. You need B13 partitions to run this rom successfully. You can download them here.

How to use Xposed Framework:

Once the ROM is running on your device, go to your app drawer and select Xposed Installer. Click Framework, then Install/Update and give it root permission. Hit cancel when it asks you to reboot, then go back and click on Modules. Check the box next to GravityBox and reboot. Now you can open GravityBox from the app drawer and start playing around with stuff.

Attachments

• SuperROM_animation.jpg
    SuperROM_animation.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 368
  • Screenshot_2014-05-15-21-56-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-15-21-56-26.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 324
  • Screenshot_2014-05-15-16-12-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-15-16-12-03.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Screenshot_2014-06-03-21-11-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-21-11-02.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 285
  • Screenshot_2014-06-03-21-10-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-21-10-30.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot_2014-06-03-21-41-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-21-41-09.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 265
Wow! I normally use wifi cause my 3g was not worth 2 dead flies but with this super b11 3g almost as fast! Thought I was on wifi last nite surf the web, watched youtube,check my bank balance, all on 3g.
Excellant performance so far, looking into this xposed framework looks intersting?But back to this super b11 I am only a novice at best but to me this is the best so far1

Upvote 0
Neither on nor off work for me sadly. Also I can't get the tablet mode to work on any of my apps.

Yea, the crt is a no go for the time being. I know why, but haven't figured out how to fix it yet. I have not tried tablet mode on b11. The force portrait works for sure which is key for me. Some apps i never want to rotate and it annoys me to no end when i am laying in bed using those apps lol. The alarm clock for example. You are sleeping and the alarm goes off...eyes barely open, brain not yet engaged you reach over to hit the snooze button...dammit it rotated right before i hit it and pressed dismiss instead....should i just get up or reset the alarm for 10 minutes...grrr

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
Just posted a new version. It fixes the tablet ui problem in xposed app settings, and adds Nandroid Manager.

Nandroid Manager is in my opinion, the easiest way to restore all your apps, app data, call logs, and text messages when changing roms. If you are trying out SuperROM as of this post, you may as well grab all your goodies from your latest CWM Backup ;)

edit: A dirty flash should be fine if you are running SuperROM_B11 already. You will probably need to re-enable Xposed App Settings module in the Xposed Installer after dirty flashing.

Glossary:

*Dirty flash is when you flash a rom without doing a Factory/Data reset in CWM. You just boot into recovery, install zip from sdcard, reboot.

Reactions: Etaksjosh and DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones