• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] SuperROM B13 v4.2 {updated 6-8-14}

Can someone do me a huge favor and upload the newest rom to zippy share or some site like that? I cannot download from the current host it continuously disconnects me and times out after a while.

My 5th attempt lol, lets hope it doesn't "timeout" again. of all sites this one has an issue with me. full bars, i live less than a mile from my tower haha.

Upvote 0
Sorry, got busy and forgot. Just tested and BT works fine on my warp2.

All good. I still have to flash the updated version. I'm slacking too. Plus, not sure if it's anything anyone knows something about but, my phone has been acting like a lil bitch for a while. Very slow on Chrome. Very slow using the stock sms/mms. Mms doesn't even work sometimes. Emojis take about 100 characters away when I use just 1. Have to press the back button numerous times to get COMPLETELY out of the texting app. Phone restarts on its own periodically. Can't open apps from home screen. Have to slide the screen just a little bit and then the apps will click and open. Just a lot of stuff messing up. Any idea what I should do? I'm guessing you'll tell me to update it and go from there, lol. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
All good. I still have to flash the updated version. I'm slacking too. Plus, not sure if it's anything anyone knows something about but, my phone has been acting like a lil bitch for a while. Very slow on Chrome. Very slow using the stock sms/mms. Mms doesn't even work sometimes. Emojis take about 100 characters away when I use just 1. Have to press the back button numerous times to get COMPLETELY out of the texting app. Phone restarts on its own periodically. Can't open apps from home screen. Have to slide the screen just a little bit and then the apps will click and open. Just a lot of stuff messing up. Any idea what I should do? I'm guessing you'll tell me to update it and go from there, lol. :smokingsomb:

You can try updating but it sounds like there are a lot of things going wrong so be sure to wipe data and do a clean install.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
You can try updating but it sounds like there are a lot of things going wrong so be sure to wipe data and do a clean install.

Yeah, and what stumps me is the fact that I don't have many apps installed. I didn't install Go launcher or ANY "GO" apps. (used to have a bunch) No games. Everything is super rom. So, we'll see what happens. Maybe it's time for a new phone..... UH OHHHHHH. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi SupeR noticed Apollo music player on your rom for the Warp 4g Lte so i extracted the app and to my Sequent, well everything seems to be working nicely one thing thou the equalizer is not working and was wondering is it not compatible with the phone? or am i doing something wrong? thanks

Upvote 0
Hi SupeR noticed Apollo music player on your rom for the Warp 4g Lte so i extracted the app and to my Sequent, well everything seems to be working nicely one thing thou the equalizer is not working and was wondering is it not compatible with the phone? or am i doing something wrong? thanks
I am not sure about using the eq with apollo on the sequent, never tried it. Apollo uses the rom eq, whatever that might be. In cm, it uses dspmanager, on the Warp 4G it uses MusicFX.apk. The sequent has MusicFX.apk as well so I really don't know. Sorry man.

Upvote 0

DSP mngr IS the Eq most likely. U can pull it or another eq from another posted ROM...
And YES, u CAN push it into a system folder, but stock EQs work best on stock ROMs and music players... Js. I use DSP mngr in almost all my ROMs/phones but also keep the backup of the original EQ... Anyone need it?

Upvote 0
DSP mngr IS the Eq most likely. U can pull it or another eq from another posted ROM...
And YES, u CAN push it into a system folder, but stock EQs work best on stock ROMs and music players... Js. I use DSP mngr in almost all my ROMs/phones but also keep the backup of the original EQ... Anyone need it?[/QUOTE
Downloaded dsp manager v1.1 and it didn't work either but then i found dsp v1.0 and this one does work so i may keep it, one thing i noticed its always running in the background wonder if its sucking up too much juice

Upvote 0
It will only update from b11 to b13. Were you running b09? If so flash this one first, then flash the one you just tried.

B07 and B09 are Android 4.0.4, B11 and B13 are Android 4.1.2. Bxx is how ZTE names their software versions. Yes, try it :)

Hey thanks just updated my buddies phone. Would you please advise this in the topic?

Would save a few like myself. Although I do believe in reading through to be sure.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I just updated it using the most recent version. And now my voicemail doesn't work. "unfortunately, Voicemail has stopped". How do I get that to function? It worked when I was using the ORIGINAL version of this ROM.

It is probably because you did not wipe data. Go to system settings, apps, all tab, choose the voicemail app, force stop, clear data. That should sort you out :)

Upvote 0
It is probably because you did not wipe data. Go to system settings, apps, all tab, choose the voicemail app, force stop, clear data. That should sort you out :)

I wiped everything like it told me to. Made backup, wiped all data, installed v4.2. I'll try what you said though and let ya know what happens. Thanks

Well, it worked the 1st time. I chose to 'personalize now' and it called my vmail. Did all that and exited. Tried to go back in and it 'unfortunately stopped' repeatedly. So, I did the process again, didn't 'personalize now', erased the default messages on there, took 'the tour', lol. Exited out of vmail. Removed the vmail APP I had in the bottom slider menu. Place the vmail widget on the main screen and now seems to be working fine. We'll see what happens when I get my next vmail.

Upvote 0
A couple months ago I hung up my trusty old Boost ZTE Warp Sequent and made the leap to an at&t Samsung Galaxy S4 running on cricket. I want to activate my old sequent for my son but boost is not recognizing the phone. I've experienced this with my wife's transform ultra and galaxy s2. Both times it seems I remember having to flash back to stock (can't remember if that meant unrooting or not). I guess I'll need to do the same thing with my sequent... Any idea if that's what I need to do with the sequent and if so how? Thanks.

Upvote 0
A couple months ago I hung up my trusty old Boost ZTE Warp Sequent and made the leap to an at&t Samsung Galaxy S4 running on cricket. I want to activate my old sequent for my son but boost is not recognizing the phone. I've experienced this with my wife's transform ultra and galaxy s2. Both times it seems I remember having to flash back to stock (can't remember if that meant unrooting or not). I guess I'll need to do the same thing with my sequent... Any idea if that's what I need to do with the sequent and if so how? Thanks.

http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/808824-rom-stock-b13-unmodified-root.html

http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/808681-rom-stock-b13-unmodified.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones