• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] SuperROM B13 v4.2 {updated 6-8-14}

afh seems to have a serious issue with EOF notification. on the download manager i use it got finished, but kept going back to 99% repeatedly and jumping back and forth between finished and unfinished, turned out the file was done and fully intact the download manager just couldnt figure that out so it didnt unhide it. it seemed as though it was just another unfinished download but it opened fine. this was b11 stock though so there also might be an issue with a bad upload

im gonna say that the browser couldnt see that it was the end of the file and ended up corrupting it though, it is highly possible. my personal recommendation, we stop using that stupid site lol. but untill then, try a different browser like superr said, and we might wanna make a list of what ones tend to work and what ones dont if at all possible

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
Jelly Bean CM9 Theme i download from play but a cant see it no were in my apps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cm9.theme.JBstock&hl=en if this is the one you are talking about then that is specifically for cm rom to make it look jelly bean. it wont work for you cause your not on cm rom, unless you are on cm rom and are trying to make it look jellybean

======================

Edit: quote from app descpription- "Description
Stock Jelly Bean 4.2 theme for the cm9/AOKP theme engine!
Includes nearly all visual differences between ICS and JB to satisfy any feelings of phone-envy while waiting for cm10 or an official update from your carrier ;)
*IGNORE the missing assets error (false alarm) and remember to REBOOT your device after applying the theme for all changes to take effect! See below for more detailed instructions*
**YOU MUST HAVE A ROOTED DEVICE RUNNING A ROM BASED ON CM9 OR AOKP WITH THE THEME CHOOSER APP PREINSTALLED IN ORDER TO APPLY THIS THEME!**"

Upvote 0
umm... probably none. unless its a theme for whatever launcher you happen to be using it wont work. cm themes are made for the cm theme manager and trebuchet launcher, which you could try using in the stock rom but i dont know if theyll work out of the box, or there are many other launchers out there. why not, ya kno, look shit up lol

Upvote 0
I really like this rom. just need to get the wifi hotspot working. wlan=0 should be wlan=1 I think on the buildprop but I cannot find the wlan in the buildprop. any help?? Rather new to trying to edit the buildprop. hope for some help. Also what was the other problem people were saying about this ROM. I think it is flawless aside from the wifi hotspot. other than that the only other issue I have is I like navigation on my phone already but that is a personal preference. Also to SUPERROM (DEVELOPER) Thank you and wonderful work. Thanks,
Josh

Upvote 0
As I said before performance on my Sequent has improve by at least 20% but I have had one hiccup when actitvate modules xposed app performance became jerky, wallpaper black hole rotation was stop and go, did a reboot and problem seems to have gone away

Thanks for the comments. It is required to reboot after you activate the modules. It even says so in the instructions on the op ;)

Upvote 0
wlan is 0 on this device. wlan 1 will break wifi altogether lol. ive been talking to a friend of ours though and might be able to figure something out, only real problem is boost will know... you wanna get charged for hotspot usage be my guest but untill someone finds the way to use native tether instead of hotspot we will be sol

Upvote 0
also we need to figure out how to enable the qualcommsettings.apk to see if its mass storage enabling option works

if you wanna come talk to me about the tether subject though superr id be happy to work with you on it

QuickShortcutMaker from the market can be used to get into qualcommsettings. Can't verify mass usb actually turns on as my computer took a vacation but there is a check box for it. Btw thanks for all the Rom work guys. :)

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
also i added it to the settings menu though it doesnt do anything more than the previously mentioned method, i just basically wanted to see if i could do it lol. if anyone wants to try it out here is the Settings.apk

granted this will only work if the rom has been resigned using test keys, which im assuming it has been but i cant guarantee

edit: doesnt work kuz the rom isnt custom signed, its still signed with the zte keys, but maybe superr will make an update with it all in there sometime in the near future, and ill keep picking away at things see what i can come up with

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones