• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Supreme] Mobster Rom S - 03/30/14

I love the animations on this rom, can't use it however. My data and wifi are still unoperational no matter how many times i clear cache. Anyone get it working? I'd love to know.

The ROM looks awesome. I used it for a couple of days trying different stuff to get consistent Wi-Fi and data. Never did get the Wi-Fi to work, could always get data to work with soft reset.(remove battery) The data would stay connected until I tried to connect to Wi-Fi which required another soft reset to get data connection back. I'll be happy to test as they are released.

Reactions: lamuertex
Upvote 0
If you need a tester before releases I volunteer. *unless you want the crowd to test which I recommend to find more bugs and all)

IMo here is the priority I recommend you take.
This rom > Sense (5?) > Xperia

Sorry for using reccomnd alot im druk

It'd be Sense 4+ since I'll start with 4.1 JB Roms. I know how to port them but its not guaranteed to work. Although I hope it goes smoothly we'll just have to see what happens

Upvote 0
Still have the same wifi and data problems. Although i did get wifi to actually connect a few times. Still have to remove battery to get data connection. And data will not reconnect after wifi is turned off have to remove battery to get it back. Wish i could get it to work, i tried multiple reboots, cleaning cache, and dalvik cache in CWM. Flashed stock then flashed this also tried the other kernels.
Also none of the toggles work for wifi, airplane, data ect.

Upvote 0
Still have the same wifi and data problems. Although i did get wifi to actually connect a few times. Still have to remove battery to get data connection. And data will not reconnect after wifi is turned off have to remove battery to get it back. Wish i could get it to work, i tried multiple reboots, cleaning cache, and dalvik cache in CWM. Flashed stock then flashed this also tried the other kernels.

Same here

Upvote 0

Same here guys :thinking::sly:

Upvote 0
I read up on how to logcat today. So I flashed Mobster ROM and ran a couple using an app and from terminal emulator. The one attached is an error log only, the other ones I ran are to big to attach. I'll figure out how to attach those when I get to a PC. I'll also start researching what they mean. Not that I'll be able to figure anything out but maybe I'll learn something along the way.

Attachments

• errorlog2014-02-25-11-47-03.txt
    34.9 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: ryanb876
Upvote 0
I'll be making a Theme Thread this weekend since data and all is a b****. Its good since i can focus on porting alot more themes :D

Good idea :) tbh I like the theme of this ROM more than the other mods (like the audio mod etc). So I always just take the stock ROM with the systemui.apk and framework-res.apk from this ROM because it looks so good

Upvote 0
Hey mobster I downloaded Ur rom and it will boot on the zte boost max I just swapped out boot image except no wifi or camera won't connect would it be ok if we played around with this to try to get it working right on our phone all credit to u and will be posted as so just wanted permission first thank u

Upvote 0
Hey mobster I downloaded Ur rom and it will boot on the zte boost max I just swapped out boot image except no wifi or camera won't connect would it be ok if we played around with this to try to get it working right on our phone all credit to u and will be posted as so just wanted permission first thank u

Sure anything to futher development for a device. Along with the boot.img you'll want to replace the modules with the ones from your device.

This thread should be pretty helpful for a full port:

[GUIDE]How to port manufacturer ROM (Sense/Touchwizz...) [UPDATED For KITKAT] - xda-developers

Its pretty much the basics of porting

Upvote 0
03/30/2014

• Bug Fixes including Wifi
  • Fixed 3G icon
  • Updated to B.09
  • Misc stuff

I know its super late but i've been busy........

connectivity issues should be gone YMMV though

Looks awesome and runs really smooth. Seems quicker than stock. Mobile Data works for me on this version but still have the WiFi bug. Wi-Fi shows connection but actually is not, got it to connect after reboot to CWM and cleaning cache and Dalvik Cache . Would not reconnect after turning Wifi off and back on.

Upvote 0
Great job with the WiFi! It works great now!:)

There are still a few minor issues we still have to iron out.
One is changing any of the system settings like switching from 12 hour time to 24 hour time and turning off pulse notification light requires a phone restart. I think this is why the automatic brightness is a little wonky.

BTW I installed the app "Brightness Widget" to see if I could change the display to auto brightness and it worked.

Upvote 0
Heres another thing I found. Sometimes the system settings or wifi work and sometimes they dont work depending on if you restart the phone.

Say i restarted the phone once and the wifi was working. The system settings would not work. If I restarted the phone again the wifi would not work but the system settings would work.

Its kind of weird but the wifi and system settings will not work at the same time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones