1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root | ROM | SynergyROM | NIGHTLYS | 2.3.4 | SENSE 3.0 |

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by McLabia, Sep 2, 2011.

1. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    City of Sharks to the City of Live Music!
    Im reposting this for those that dont want to go to XDA. All credit goes to Team Synergy.

Advertisement

2. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    So, this is going to be a wall of text. Experienced users skip this.

So, with all of the new faces we see lately, a lot of questions are repeatedly asked. Hopefully this will answer 90% of things.

Links:

ROMS: http://androidfilehost.com/XxXViRuSXxX/roms/synergy/thunderbolt/
    Radios/Extras: Devious Intentions Devious Intentions
    MD5 Checker: Download MD5 Checker 2.31 Free - A utility that can verify downloads with an MD5 checksum - Softpedia

Well start off with flashing the rom and how to do it. First you want to download the latest ROM from the above site. You need to download both the ROM as well as the MD5. Open the MD5 in notepad and compare them with the ROM zip in the program I posted above or any other MD5 comparison tool.

You now need one of the mr2.x+ or mr3.+ radios. If youre already on one of these radios and it works for you, skip the radio portion of things and go straight to the ROM install.

You need to WIPE WIPE WIPE, so make sure you make a nandroid and you backup your apps in either mybackup pro or Titanium Backup. Im partial to MR3.5 and TiBu myself. You need to place the ROM in a place on your SD card that youll be able to find it. I reccommend placing it in the root or in a new folder so that you know exactly where to look at it. If you place it in root, youll just have to press the up volume button once and itll be right there.

This is how I do it after downloading what I need. The Radios can be found on my website posted above. The RADIO needs to be renamed to PG05IMG.zip and placed on the ROOT of your SD card.

REMEMBER TO DELETE, RENAME OR REMOVE AFTER BOOT OR YOU WILL RUN INTO PROBLEMS.

1. Download Titanium Backup or MyBackupPro(this will be auto installed from the the ROM) from the market and install whichever you choose.
    2. Run the app backup app you decided on. Make sure you backup everything you want to keep.
    3. Restart the phone into Recovery. You can do this by either going into ClockworkMod and clicking restart into recovery, or if you have the five in one restart, you can just hold down the power button and click restart into recovery.
    4. Now that youre into recovery, you want to scroll down to where it says backup and recovery. Select it and click backup. This will take a while.
    5. Once this is done, go back to the main menu and click wipe data/format. Let that run through.
    6. Once thats done, go back into the main menu and click install zip from SD card and click choose zip from sdcard. Now you need to go to wherever you placed the rom that you downloaded and click it. Flash it in.
    7. Reboot
    8. To install the radio, after flashing in the rom, i do a battery pull and then press volume down and power at the same time. This will bring you into hboot. Select yes to upgrade and then reboot.
    9. Go smoke or something. Give the kernel about 15 mins or so to get settled in, and then after this time, I recommend rebooting.
    10. WINNING! Enjoy the ROM and and if you have any issues, let me know.

Now, here are some tips when it comes to use of the ROM. If you want to see what issues have been fixed or what commits have been done, Check HERE.

So, there seems to be an issue when it comes to using the Repo. The problem isnt that people are using it, but rather its being used in the wrong way. As a community, there will always be community support first and foremost. The forums are your initial stop when it comes to having issues. Post here before posting on the repo. The reason for this is simple. Would you rather Team Synergy to read posts like "I have no network connection" or anything along those lines or would you rather have them read the real issues? Personally, if Virus, Trev, Ziggy and Eschelon never typed except to bullshit with us and let us know whats going on, that would be best. Id much rather them focus on the things we as a community cant/dont do. Thats Dev ROMS.

Part of Devving though is knowing where the bugs are. This helps them immensely when fixing things, but if they have to wade through a bunch of non issues to get to the real ones, it makes the repo less useful. Because of this, some issues may get overlooked or not even looked at. This will no longer be the case. Since I now have the ability to either escalate or close issues that are due to user error or an updated app, they will be done quickly. From now on, within 48 hours of posting an issue, it will be either cleared up or sent up the chain. This is to minimize the amount of non issues being posted and to give the guys a much better vantage point as far as what the real issues are.

Like I said though, the BEST place to post issues is HERE on the forums. Let us try to help you out first. If its still an issue, then it needs to be posted on the Repo so that it can be fixed. This is a community effort of support and development. Weve gotta help each other out, but weve also gotta help out the Devs.

When filling out a Repo issue, please fill out EVERY BOX. More information is always helpful. Screenshots or logcats are extremely helpful. Sometimes its simple fix, sometimes its HTC not knowing how to spell disable. These things will make this ROM better.

When going from build to build, it is ALWAYS recommended to wipe, but there are builds that you dont have to do this with and its called Dirty flashing. If you dirty flash, and have ANY issues, you need to WIPE AND REFLASH before posting them. Chances are it was caused by dirty flashing.

If you have ANY issues, everyone here is ALWAYS glad to help, but asking the same questions over and over or ignoring the answer you got because you didnt like it isnt helpful for ANYONE and only leads to frustration. Enjoy!

THE_wabbit and Thats like this.
  3. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    10 char

scotty85 likes this.
  4. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
  5. Tboltfan25

Tboltfan25 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    NJ
    What do you think of this ROM Mclabia? Is this what your using currently? And is this an updated version?

6. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    Im a big fan of it obviously. :p Everyones different though. Give it a whirl and see what you think of it. Any questions, jump back in here or any of the other threads and Ill get you 5x5.

7. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    Alright folks, new build is up now. Based on the 2.11 base with lots of fixes/changes/mods. Grab it if youre on on older version:)

8. CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    Male
    You don't really want to know.
    Phoenix
    I take it I'm on the new one right McLabia? Anyways, how do I get the voicemail notification to clear? I listened to the ones I had and now the icon won't go away as well as in the pull down notification menu. Thanks!

9. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    reboot. this is a bug with all sense GB roms,including the recent official leaks. you wont get new notifications until you reboot,and then you wont get any more until you reboot again :eek:

McLabia likes this.
  10. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...

One of the biggest reasons people recommend using Gvoice. Its free, works pretty well and the transcriptions...lulz. The transcriptions are amazing. lol.

If you flashed today, then yes youre on the new one. If not, then no youre not. Check the repo and youll be able to see whats new. On each build that you download, there will be a revision number. Make sure they match up and youll be good to go.

11. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Female
    my job
    AZ
    i love the darkhorse theme!!! the lock circle is awesome!

12. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    Heh, if you think it looks awesome with just the skin, wait till Jon does up Dark Horse full theme complete with GOLauncher...

Jizz In My Pants - YouTube

Its kinda like that...lol

13. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Female
    my job
    AZ
    haha i shall patiently wait its arrival! d/l now....gotta charge phone before i do any flashing though

14. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...

He has one up. I have it flashed in now. Check the themes and apps section. Can't miss it.

Edit: Im posting this in an earlier post, but I wanted to draw your attention to it as well.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1232447

15. CoyotesFan4Evr

None

Apr 15, 2011
    Male
    Phoenix
    Well I flashed it on Friday. Then this new post came up. Now you are telling me I have to flash again? I'm a little worried about that because I got into a boot loop when I did the flash before. Do I loose anything I have done already to my phone and what not? Also there is an update checker on it but it doesn't work. Lol I love the ROM btw.

16. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    Haha. We worked out your bootloop error no problem man. If you follow my flash instructions, you wont have any problems flashing it in. According to Zig, you can dirty flash. Im usually against it, but when he says its ok to do, I generally listen. haha. Just remember to backup your apps in MBP or TiBu and youll be good to go. :) Any issues, lemme know.

17. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Female
    my job
    AZ
    i dirty flashed the last update (9/2) and had no issues. i fully intend on dirty flashing this recent one in the morning (when i'm less likely to be on my phone or bombarded with texts)

18. CoyotesFan4Evr

None

Apr 15, 2011
    Male
    Phoenix
    Ok explain dirty flashing or point me in the direction of the thread on how to do it and I'll flash tomorrow when I'm not drinking and at home where I can freak in my own place.

19. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    thats the first time ive heard it refered to as that,lol... but i assume they are refering to doing an "update"

i.e.,wipe cache/dalvik cache only(no data wipe) and then flash the rom. doing this will preserve your data and setup.

McLabia likes this.
  20. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    Hahaha. When I dirty flash, I dont even wipe my nose let alone cache. lol. I just flash it right over the current build. As long as theres not a massive amount changed or framework, you generally shouldnt run into issues.

We in the Synergy thread have started callin it the Dirty Dirty. lol. All because we DONT wipe. lol.

21. CoyotesFan4Evr

None

Apr 15, 2011
    Male
    Phoenix
    OK, so I did the dirty flash. I have had a couple of random reboots for no reason really. But maybe it's something I'm doing. I'll just wait and see what's what after I've been running it for awhile.

22. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...

What radio are you on?

23. Tboltfan25

Tboltfan25 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    NJ
    can someone post md5 for this ROM in here, for some reason I can't read the file that comes with the download, and I REALLY want to flash this ASAP...after reading the list of goods in this bad boy, I am thinking this ROM may be my favorite yet!

24. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    How are you trying to view it? Like I mentioned in the install section of this thread, if you open it in notepad, youll not have any issues.

Tboltfan25 likes this.
  25. CoyotesFan4Evr

None

Apr 15, 2011
    Male
    Phoenix
    McLabia, I'm just on the regular radio. I haven't flashed a new one because I believe Scotty told me I would be fine with just rooting and what not.