• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root | ROM | SynergyROM | NIGHTLYS | 2.3.4 | SENSE 3.0 |

I used this rom for my first experience rooting. I love the way it looks, though the font takes a little getting used to. The animations are great and NFL mobile works. The problem is that it gets bogged down more than stock. Are there some settings that will help out? Should I move on to something else? I really like this one, but I find it too slow.

Try playing around with dconfig settings and possibly overclocking. There is a dconfig guide in one of the first couple posts in this thread. If you dont like the font(I dont) : you can easily change it. :)

Upvote 0
I'll seriously starting to get annoyed that with a couple people who are on Verizon send me texts and I never get them and them get yelled at for it. What the heck could be the problem? Seriously......

Are you using stock? I don't have this issue, but i use gosms. Give it a try imo.

Upvote 0
Try playing around with dconfig settings and possibly overclocking. There is a dconfig guide in one of the first couple posts in this thread. If you dont like the font(I dont) : you can easily change it. :)

Thanks. I went ahead and did a fresh wipe and reinstall last night. Things seem to be a bit better. There were a couple of mistakes I made in restoring my applications and data on the first go around that I think contributed to a messy and slow phone. It seems to be a good deal better now. I may still consider overclocking. Doing research on it now.

Upvote 0
I've wiped everything to stock clean, every time, I rommed the newest synergy download. And I still have no jack or answer call options when I receive a call! I've had the same issue with a couple other roms as well..

Problems I have gotten when flashing to the latest update:
LOOOOUD phone volume!
Don't get text's sometimes.
Text delivery time is OFF!(Yes I have checked my internal clock)
Videos don't play.
SD Card unmounts its self every other day randomly.

Are you guys coming over from AOSP roms and are you restoring anything with TIBU?

Upvote 0
Problems I have gotten when flashing to the latest update:
LOOOOUD phone volume!
Don't get text's sometimes.
Text delivery time is OFF!(Yes I have checked my internal clock)
Videos don't play.
SD Card unmounts its self every other day randomly.

The loud phone volume is working correctly, its supposed to be that loud.
What messaging app are you using?
Download SMS time fix from the market and set it to phone time future only.
SD card could be flaking out on you, I would format it.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem too but just try using the Wifi Tethering app that came with the ROM....works great.

Without using apps like SetCPU, how do you overclock this ROM? I tried looking into DConfig but didnt see anything...maybe I overlooked it?

I use Dconfig and set the profile to performance.
I also use Setcpu but you should be fine with Dconfig

Upvote 0
Hey McLabia or anyone that can help. Before, I can go to Message and go to setting then go General then see an option that can set the limit of text messages to save. I dont see that anymore and I know its there...so where can I get it?

That was taken out till issues with it could be fixed, but since there's a vigor port incoming, it may not happen.

Upvote 0
For those that arent payin attention

Alright kids, the moment has arrived. We're going to be hosting an open beta for SynergySense3.5 starting...... now :)

Full Disclaimer: As ports typically go at first (especially in the Sense 3.5 arena) things will probably be broken, others might work somewhat, but not properly. The ROM should be fairly stable - even to the point that it could be used as a daily driver - but this is your warning that things /might/ be semi-broken or buggy. You have been warned ;)

What works:

Wifi
Calling / SMS / MMS
Camera
Bluetooth
SD card mounting
Data (thanks to the guys over at TeamBamf for helping us get data working properly - it required some ugly hex editing of the RIL)
Pretty much everything else

What's not working:

You tell us :) Just leave us a comment here in the thread as we'll be actively watching it for bug reports. No need to post about theme stuff (we know it's full of fugly pink right now since that comes from using Bliss as a portion of the base), but we'll get to the theming real soon

Since it's just a beta we will only be providing a link to the SVN at this time. You'll have to pull the ROM manually, then flash. Once we get a reading on how stable things are, we'll start adding in our classic Synergy mods (we've already got some really nice surprises ready) and building nightlies just like usual.

LINK: synergy-tb-bliss - HTC Bliss ported to Thunderbolt - Google Project Hosting

FULL WIPE REQUIRED!!! And do not restore any system data with Titanium Backup or MyBackup

Thanks, and enjoy the ride! :D

And for those that dont know how to use the SVN.
How to Use Tortoise SVN - YouTube

Upvote 0
Just a quick question. I flashed this rom again yesterday, And everything seems to be working a lot better then before..Except now my sd card isn't being read..What can I do?

yeah it's a known issue with the sense 3.5 roms, you need to remount the sd or use a media scan widget from extended controls or a similar app

Sent from my ADR6330VW using xda premium

It all depends on how long you wait to unlock the screen vs. the speed of your SD card. Because of the 3LM encryption, it has to have time to mount, unmount, and remount the card.

Some are better, some are worse.

Because I didnt feel like typing what I could copy...lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones