• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Team Nocturnals Xplod E4G RLS1.2 (10-27-2011)

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    so looks like team nocturnal has an aosp rom. it looks pretty sweet. and you do not need to flash gapps. it is included. this rom is based off of android aosp xperia phone. 2.3.5. again this is not mine.

xplode4g201.png
    xplode4g205.png
    xplode4g207.png

The Goods

-Stable
    -Fast
    -WiMax
    -New market 9/21/2011
    -Latest SuperUser
    -a2sd support
    -Latest Titanium Backup 9/20/2011

Whats not working

-Some Widgets
    -Setup isn't working, Just go to Settings>Accounts>Add account

[ROM] Team Nocturnals Xplod E4G - xda-developers

here is the direct download:
    Download Xplod E4G 092811 004812 zip

Whats your current daily driver ocnbrze?

well that is hard to say. i keep trying different roms to have a daily driver. i think i was on cm7 and mik3d the longest. i went backed to cm7.1 recently until this rom came out. this rom is not too bad. just getting used to the launcher right now. and i just flashed the tiamat kernel.

Upvote 0
    Its a decent ROM been using it most of the day. (Have Boot Manager) Now I'm back on CM7 really just wanting to see whats Alike and What's Different. I don't know if I like the Launcher or not did end up putting on my GO launcher. It has a few things I don't need or care for but it seems to be a fairly stable ROM. Will be playing around with it some more soon.

My Rating for this is a 4.0 (out of 5)

Its stable nice looking and usable as a daily. It uses a lot of CM7 (Kernel and Settings) I do hope that future releases will become more independent.

Reactions: DaRayvn
    Upvote 0
    If I am not mistaken Yes. All my apps were in phone memory. I havent installed DTb4 yet. I have a 16 Gig card but i think its a class 2 (Got it from Wally World) So havent wanted to brave using it on this card maybe i'll get a decent one here pretty soon.

im assuming it you have to since it says a2sd support....just was wondering if anyone else has used it...

Upvote 0
    yeah it supports dt. not a bad rom. no cm settings though. the launcher is interesting. with tiamat so far today, battery drained fairly quickly. but of course i was playing around with it a lot. so far it is not bad.

Im running it now....the launcher is goofy lol....i mean obviously it takes some getting used to but, i like the rom so far..its different how they set up folders and when you click on it that pop up box comes up that you can put different things in...kinda cool actually....the only think i dislike is not having the phone icon like all the roms have....when i first saw it i was like WTF how am i supposed to dial a number lol...what tiamat are you using?? i got the 4.0.8 sbc and im getting pretty good batter life and i've been messing around with it for a few hours....only drained off 10% of a full charge...

Upvote 0
    So, I'm thinking about giving this one a shot. I've been running Sense 3.0 Roms so do I need to do anything differently to run an AOSP?

My card is not partitioned. Will it need to be first? I am still on the stock 8gb card.

Also with Titanium Backup, should i backup just the apps or apps + data? I'm never quite sure on that one.

How much of my phone data is backed up through Google? (just out of curiosity)
    Thanks for the help guys.:D

Naters

Upvote 0
    So, I'm thinking about giving this one a shot. I've been running Sense 3.0 Roms so do I need to do anything differently to run an AOSP?

My card is not partitioned. Will it need to be first? I am still on the stock 8gb card.

Also with Titanium Backup, should i backup just the apps or apps + data? I'm never quite sure on that one.

How much of my phone data is backed up through Google? (just out of curiosity)
    Thanks for the help guys.:D

Naters
    this is one aosp that takes no extra stuff to do like cm7. it is pretty sweet. and with tb you can backup data as well. just do not restore systems data.

Reactions: NaterTots
    Upvote 0
    this is one aosp that takes no extra stuff to do like cm7. it is pretty sweet. and with tb you can backup data as well. just do not restore systems data.

I kind of liked the no extra stuff part.

So I can backup apps + data in Titanium but only restore apps?

If I ran this for a week could i then restore apps+data when I go back to a Sense 3.0 Rom?

I think I get it, I have the choice to backup system data along with app data in TB. I don't want to do system data because it's a different style Rom.
    So does everyone just go back to a Nandroid when they want to switch between AOSP and Sense?

Thanks so much for the help OCN.

Upvote 0
    I kind of liked the no extra stuff part.

So I can backup apps + data in Titanium but only restore apps?

If I ran this for a week could i then restore apps+data when I go back to a Sense 3.0 Rom?

I think I get it, I have the choice to backup system data along with app data in TB. I don't want to do system data because it's a different style Rom.
    So does everyone just go back to a Nandroid when they want to switch between AOSP and Sense?

Thanks so much for the help OCN.

or you can flash another rom. main thing is to wipe really well.

Reactions: NaterTots
    Upvote 0
    yes the tiamat sbc ( new version )

DANG MAN!! Was it in airplane mode for 12 of those hours or something? LOL jk anyways, OCN if that rosie bugs ya, then you could just run a different launcher, or so one would assume. Anyways, I almost feel like ive betrayed linux today... I installed win 7 on my desky cuz linux doesnt support silverlight and i didnt feel like running an emulator just to watch stuff on netflix on this thing :(

Reactions: dustwun77
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones