• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] The Second Wave... | Droid Incredible

anyone else using google voice? I have gotten the message twice now since I have started using this leak that it would like permission to continue(generic permission not SU)... hopefuly it wont ask again I did this install the hard way not from a TIbackup file
Yeah, I got permission requests twice as well. I used Titanium to restore mine though.

Upvote 0
umm am i the only one who does not get viberate with sounds when text messages come in? i have it checked in menu but i get only sounds.... or when im on viberate it does but i want both? has this always been the case and im just going crazy? or is it not working anymore?

Its probably the mms app I included. You can install the htc, I made a patch for it.

Upvote 0
Take that Nexus One.

snap20100803141214.png

Upvote 0
Why spend the time removing the crapware and applying fixes when its already done for you.

I've been looking for a new ROM and I tend to trust everything you do - anything not running right I should be aware of? Can I pull over the stock Email.apk you sent me last week with no troubles?

On another note, there is some guy over on XDA who claims that he has figured out a way to optimize battery and save on over heating. People have been saying all sorts of things to him like he steals others stuff, etc...is there any truth to what he posted?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I've been looking for a new ROM and I tend to trust everything you do - anything not running right I should be aware of? Can I pull over the stock Email.apk you sent me last week with no troubles?

On another note, there is some guy over on XDA who claims that he has figured out a way to optimize battery and save on over heating. People have been saying all sorts of things to him like he steals others stuff, etc...is there any truth to what he posted?

Thanks

As far as I know the mail apk will work fine.

As for the other "dev", he is a kid. He is trying his hardest to make an impression but is making falsehoods in the process. Its not really his fault, he just doesn't understand Android and he is young. That and when you make umpteen alternate identities on one message board, folks don't trust you anymore.

His first rom was a direct ripoff of someone else. It has stuck ever since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones