• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] The Second Wave... | Droid Incredible

Good to hear and ignore my last reply LOL.

Man, this thing flies..:D I got a 1321 Quad this morning.

I didnt think I was going to like the stock MMS, but I actually think its better - however I did like that big "fat thumbs" send button on the HTC one. I never actually used the Google Voicemail, it seems like it is great. All in all, a great combination, thanks. I would highly recommend this ROM to anyone that asks.

Been kind of strapped for cash lately, but plan on sending you a few beers next Friday. Thanks for this wonderfulness.

Reactions: adrynalyne
Upvote 0
been running this for a whole 24 hours. seems good so far. no force closes and it's definitely fast. thanks!

the only issue i have is with the AAc+ songs that i have on my internal storage. they sound like poop.

This is a side effect of Froyo changes that Google made. All fixes tried thus far, break something else.

Blame Google there.

Upvote 0
So I restored "[Desktop] HTC Sense 1.00" and that worked OK...

Some of the widgets need to be removed and replaced. (see attached image) but the icons were what takes the most time, so it definitely helped with that.

I got my home screens restored for the most part and really thats all I needed, so dont think im gonna mess around with Titanium settings backups much more. Dont need much else I dont think.

Thanks for the ROM, will see how I like it over the next few days.

Attachments

• CAP201008051232.jpg
    CAP201008051232.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
Yes I used titanium to back up , whish I wouldn't have deselected some items. But once it restored my LauncherPro layout was perfect (besides all the programs i didn't back up were dead labels)
Next ROM I flash I'll do a complete backup, seems like it's the way to go and having the phone exactly as it was before . Very cool

Upvote 0
Well, I only trimmed and tweaked, but nothing that would have touched the signal...try disabling the radio with airplaine mode and toggling it back.

Remember, this radio is a little buggy. I guess its possible the rom could have done that, I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around what I could have done that would cause that though.

Upvote 0
I mean what else do I really need?

Only looking to save time, and setting up homescreens is the one real time waster ive come across so far. (Other than constant flashing and reflashing etc...)

just saying some people do other things that can have ill effects but you did it the right way since thats the only thing that you would need to restore anyways

Reactions: gbenj
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones