1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] The Second Wave... | Droid Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adrynalyne, Aug 3, 2010.

1. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Android Expert

Good to hear and ignore my last reply LOL.

2. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

Finally got around to unrooting, updating, rooting and flashing this ROM last night and so far it's fantastic and extremely fast. Did a Quadrant score of 1269 , feels like a brand new phone especially loading web pages .
    Very Nice Work

Brew Sent

adrynalyne likes this.
  3. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Android Enthusiast

Man, this thing flies..:D I got a 1321 Quad this morning.

I didnt think I was going to like the stock MMS, but I actually think its better - however I did like that big "fat thumbs" send button on the HTC one. I never actually used the Google Voicemail, it seems like it is great. All in all, a great combination, thanks. I would highly recommend this ROM to anyone that asks.

Been kind of strapped for cash lately, but plan on sending you a few beers next Friday. Thanks for this wonderfulness.

adrynalyne likes this.
  4. adrynalyne

This is a side effect of Froyo changes that Google made. All fixes tried thus far, break something else.

Blame Google there.

5. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

Just flashed, restoring apps with titanium.

Can I restore some settings coming from the first leaked 2.2 OTA or is that a bad idea?

6. adrynalyne

You can try. I've not done it. Make a nandroid, just in case.

7. yojoe600

yojoe600 Android Expert

that is always usually a bad idea^

8. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

Thanks, will give it a try and report, thanks.

adrynalyne likes this.
  9. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Android Enthusiast

I did that and it kept rebooting the HTC Welcome Screen.

10. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

What exactly did you restore? which settings?

11. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

So I restored "[Desktop] HTC Sense 1.00" and that worked OK...

Some of the widgets need to be removed and replaced. (see attached image) but the icons were what takes the most time, so it definitely helped with that.

I got my home screens restored for the most part and really thats all I needed, so dont think im gonna mess around with Titanium settings backups much more. Dont need much else I dont think.

Thanks for the ROM, will see how I like it over the next few days.

Attached Files:

12. yojoe600

yojoe600 Android Expert

that was the best way to restore ^ so you keep only screens no other system files

13. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Android Enthusiast

I restored most of my settings also through titanium and have had good results so far.

14. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

Yes I used titanium to back up , whish I wouldn't have deselected some items. But once it restored my LauncherPro layout was perfect (besides all the programs i didn't back up were dead labels)
    Next ROM I flash I'll do a complete backup, seems like it's the way to go and having the phone exactly as it was before . Very cool

15. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

I mean what else do I really need?

Only looking to save time, and setting up homescreens is the one real time waster ive come across so far. (Other than constant flashing and reflashing etc...)

16. muhcells

muhcells Newbie

switched from the standard 8/1 leak to the second wave. thanks adrenyline. i noticed that in my home, my phone no longer sees the 3G network, just the 1X network.

is this a common problem with this load or is it just something on my end? any advice would be appreciated. thx.

17. adrynalyne

Shouldn't be the rom. Try reprogramming phone.

*228 option 1.

18. muhcells

muhcells Newbie

just did a *228 option 1 reboot, then *228 option 2 reboot. sitll 1X in an area that i previously had strong 3G in. thanks for the help...any other ideas?

19. adrynalyne

What radio version do you have?

20. muhcells

muhcells Newbie

21. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Android Enthusiast

I think it's probably ok to restore system settings as long as the ROM is not too different. I didn't when going from 2.1 to 2.2 but I figured it was probably ok from 1st leak to 2nd leak.

22. adrynalyne

Well, I only trimmed and tweaked, but nothing that would have touched the signal...try disabling the radio with airplaine mode and toggling it back.

Remember, this radio is a little buggy. I guess its possible the rom could have done that, I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around what I could have done that would cause that though.

23. yojoe600

yojoe600 Android Expert

just saying some people do other things that can have ill effects but you did it the right way since thats the only thing that you would need to restore anyways

gbenj likes this.
  24. GreGGo

GreGGo Newbie

Day 2 and im still loving the ROM. Still wondering if theres a way to get the CM6 keyboard with the messaging app.

25. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Android Expert

not blaming you. i figured it was a 2.2 thing.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews