1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM/THEME] MIUIHO-ROM Idea [Updated 8/31]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by awerni, Aug 31, 2011.

1. awerni

awerni Lurker

MIUIHO - Inferior Human Organs Gingerbread with a taste of MIUI

So after a while of looking for a way to port MIUI to the Optimus V, and failing miserably, I decided to create my own MIUI port-ish ROM.

The concept of this ROM is combining the stability and features of IHO mixed with the stylish look of MIUI.

This is just a little taste of what it will look like:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

=================================================

Included:

MIUI Gallery
    MIUI Music
    Custom Bootanimation.zip
    MIUI Compass
    MIUI Launcher (based on qqlauncher)
    QQlauncher
    Touchwiz3.0 Launcher
    Transparent StatusBar
    File Expert (File Manager)
    CMWallpapers
    mClock
    MIUI Widgets
    Miren Browser
    HTC_IME (MIUI Themed)
    Transparency Patch
    WidgetLocker Themes
    Custom MIUI Wallpapers
    Custom MIUI lockscreen backgrounds
    GOSMS and Go Contacts
    MIUI Ringtones and Alarms

Things I still need to work on:

DONE WITH EVERYTHING!

Adding more MIUI apps ported to MDPI as I find them.
    ==================================================

Downloads!

Download the ROM Here => MIUIHO.zip

(Mandatory!) Download Extra Files for MIUI-look and feel here => sdcardfiles.zip

Latest gapps=> gapps.zip

Stock Apps in case you want them back=> Stock_Apps.zip

Installation!

1. Flash the MIUIHO.zip in recovery mode (remeber this is IHO/Backside. please use the IHO Recovery just in case)

2. Flash gapps

3. Reboot

4. Go through usual Startup Setup

5. Choose your launcher

6. DON'T FREAK OUT! Everything looks stock, I know.

7. Go to your app launcher and launch Theme Chooser

8. (Obviously) Choose MIUI theme.

9. Download, if you haven't already, sdcard.zip and extract to the root of your SD card.

10. Reboot into recovery again.

11. Flash the zip called "statusbar_patch" in the TRANS folder.

12. Reboot system

13. TA-DA! Transparent statusbar with MIUI icons and launcher! MIUIHO is ready!

14. Go to GOSMS Pro and set it up, if not you will not get your texts (thanks pbailey212 for reminding me)

OPTIONAL STEPS!

15. Install HTC_IME keyboard of your choice from the "HTC_IME Keyboards" folder found in the sdcard. (Images of keyboards below)

Green with Black:
    [​IMG]

White with Blue:
    [​IMG]

16. If you have WidgetLocker, you can install a custom MIUI slider like the one in the screenshots. These sliders are found in the folder "WidgetLocker Themes" in your SDcard. There are different colors for more customization

QQLauncher Transparency & Themes (Thanks dr.notor)

Extra*

As you can see, I've added 3 different launchers, this is due to the fact that some people may prefer the MIUI Launcher(qqlauncher) look instead of the Touchwiz Launcher, or vice-versa.I decided to include the 3 for more customization. When you first install the ROM, you will have the option to choose which one you want after you setup your Google account.

Also, if you want to restore the stock apps, just download the Stock_Apps.zip and restore them using File Expert. If you need more info on how to do this, just post a comment and I'll write detailed instructions!

Credits!​

This ROM is based on Jerryscript's 8/25/11 build of IHO

Thanks to blarfiejandro for IHO ROM, SWEATAIMI for his guide on creating Custom ROMS, dax4182 for the idea on this ROM/THEME and the people at the MIUI Forums

[​IMG] If you like my work, or I am helpful in anyway, and want to help me out pay for my school, click the Donate button! :D THANKS!

frontlinestraw likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rocketspank

rocketspank Newbie

Since this ROM is based on Jerry's BACKside ROM, can I get the themes and such without flashing a new ROM again? Or is there something in the code that is different? I really like the smooth looks of this theme... Also, would I need to purchase WidgetLocker or anything else to get all of this to work?

Well. I'm gonna give it a shot. Getting kinda bored at home tonight...

Edit: Update after use

So... Been playing around with it and don't really know how I stand on it. Did not care too much for all of the included apps (Miren, mClock, the Launchers other than Touchwiz (Samsung's launcher)). Maybe a slimed down version without all of the bloat? I mean, the ROM was 104MB which is ~20MB bigger than Jerry's updates... I do like the MIUI apps (well, some of them) and don't mind that they replaced the stock ones. I also can't seem to uninstall the apps I do not like. Miren, for example, after being uninstalled through Titanium Backup, keeps pushing an FC error. Never even ran it so I don't understand what's going on there... The MIUI Launcher keeps coming back after uninstall...

I did think that the overall feel of the "theme" is very smooth and clean but the phone seems to be a little more sluggish than normal.

Overall I'm anxious to see how this all turns out but I think I'm going to revert back to BACKside without the MIUI. I will keep watching to see if anything changes.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

leetspeak likes this.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews