1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

[ROM]Themed ICS 2.3.7 Gingerbread [PORTED]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sammyz, Mar 13, 2012.

1. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

These ROMS are not bootable and there is no longer a need for this.
    Make any ROM look like ICS here

Update: I have fixed the Launcher- ROM is trojan free, enjoy :)

Download here:
    v4 signed_ICSandwich2.3.7_ThaUnknownArtist_01092012v4.zip
    v5 signed_ICSandwich2.3.7_ThaUnknownArtist_01092012v5.zip

Changelog:
    v4 has tweaked build.prop-similar to v2-trojan removed-Holo Launcher added
    v5 has default build.prop for people who have freezing issues with v4-similar to v3-trojan removed-Holo Launcher added

2. KrazeeCracker

KrazeeCracker Android Enthusiast

3. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

I just put them up :D

KrazeeCracker likes this.
  4. macjay420

macjay420 Android Enthusiast

do u have a bin file for the votex by chance

5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

no 0.o....we didnt use any .bin files.....
    I do know how to get one if you own a Vortex though...

6. macjay420

i do but i need the bin to unbrick it

7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

dont you own an Optimus M though?? a vortex wouldnt work on the M....

8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

If you have lg update installed and your able to go into software upgrade mode on ur phone, then you can use lg update to unbrick your phone by clicking customer support>recovery phone

9. macjay420

when its bricked like this,it keeps connecting and disconnecting...it wont get past 30% any ideas?

10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

r u in software upgrade mode on ur phone? it should be something with a white screen and it should say software upgrade, do not disconnect

11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

also if this phone is a vortex, why don't u ask them how to unbrick??

12. macjay420

believe me i tried..i kno more people over here that might have some idea..(devs) nobody is really responsive over there..and bro this aint my first rodeo i kno what a upgrade screen looks like

13. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Ok. So far, so good. It does connect to MetroPCS. The phone and sms work. There are no APN files, so MMS doesn't work out of the box. I haven't tried the fix yet, but I'm still loading apps and such. I also flashed the Dark Tremor A2SD beta 4 script to get that functionality. I will keep you updated as I get further, but the important thing that you really wanted to know is that it DOES connect to Metro; I booted and had PRL 3026, 3G connectivity and still had the important stuff like meid and my phone number, etc. :D

sammyz likes this.
  14. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Yea we would love to know if you could try and flash that to see if it works
    Now we know data works :D

15. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

So I'm still working on MMS. I flashed the fix from your signature line, and opened it up and made sure to update the password to mymetro. I haven't been able to get it going yet though. I'm going to copy what is in my wife's Optimus M and see if that will work. I'll keep you updated on MMS.

Edit: Oh, how do you get rid of that black banner, or what ever it is, just below the notification bar? I've gone into: menu>launcher settings>launcher status bar> and then checked and unchecked the Hide Banner option and neither one gets rid of it. I was able to get rid of the extra battery icon since I have it up on the notification bar. Right now I just have a black bar just below my notifications bar and it's annoying.

16. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

I'd like to know if market is still working for you?
    For some reason it won't work for me, it might be because of the sd card though because I haven't formatted it forever lol and I kept overwriting the zip that was on my card over and over

I formatted my sd card and put the ROM on it and flashed, still I get issues with Market and wont open??

Edit: Ohhhh nvm, you HAVE to connect to the internet or else it won't open, ok nvm. Everything works :D except mms

17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

on home screen:
    Menu>Launcher Settings>Launcher Status Bar>Make sure Show Status Bar is unchecked.....its it own status bar, I think its dumb...

alfick3 likes this.
  18. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Beautiful! Thanks so much. I'm glad to get rid of the extra status bar. Still working on MMS.

sammyz likes this.
  19. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

So, one thing that I keep coming up with on MMS: after I'm done editing it to make it like what's on my wife's phone, I click the menu and then hit save. It disappears! I have to re tap menu and the tap the button to reset to default. Then it's back to original and I go in and re-edit. When I hit save, it disappears. Over and over. I've even rebooted the phone after doing the editing and it doesn't re-appear, and I then have to click load default and then I start over. Frustrating.

20. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

I have no idea how MMS is programmed, I'm glad you're doing this :D

21. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Another thing I was having difficulty with; getting into recovery. Several times I'd push and hold the power to get the options and I'd select reboot. Then I get the options to reboot or recovery. I'd select recovery and it'd reboot rather than go into recovery. A couple times I'd power off and then to the three finger recovery method (home-vol down-power buttons) and it'd just boot. The funny thing is that the method using the power option worked when I first booted with this ROM. I was finally able to use the three finger method from a power off and get back into recovery. I restored the last back up made (today before I flashed this ROM). I just couldn't get MMS to work.

Oh, I also tried using ROM Manager to get into recovery and that didn't work either; just rebooted.

I'm definitely willing to try it again if mms could be fixed.

22. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

hmmm that's weird, I think my phone did that once but I think I overlooked it, is your phone plugged in to anything?

23. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

A couple times I had it plugged in, and it would just stay off; I'd get the battery charging animation. When I unplugged it and pushed the power button it'd boot. I remember that when I tried Bobz latest ROM I had that issue too. I just couldn't reboot when plugged in. I like that the power off charging was fixed, but I didn't like that it wouldn't boot when plugged in.

24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

its probably becuz we used that ROM to port this one lol

25. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Yes, I saw in the About Phone section his name every where. :)

You guys are doing great work with this. I look forward to more in the future.