• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] - Themed ICS Venture Update - Jan. 22 2013

success, i now have this rom! looks fantastic. i sorta HAD to flash it, i mean i could have just restored a backup, but it was acting REALLY messed up, i couldnt do anything! it took me like 10 min just to turn on usb storage. ugh, also, since i had superuser before will i need superuser before.

UGH! you took out myfiles.apk! but didnt put in a file exploer! now i cant get titan backup from my sd card!
also, your market app does not load. it tell me there is an error and will now close.

stuck...swing and miss. i guess i will load a backup

also, incoming calls give me a fatal exception with google phone and closes the connection before any thing pops up to accept the call.

Reactions: Curtis1973
Upvote 0
OK sounds like you may not have wiped everything before flashing. be sure to wipe data, cache,dalvik-cache and system before flashing. anything from previous install left over would cause errors. also the market/play store crash is probably due to same issues if that is what happened in your case. I have been heavily depending on feedback as I've progressed with this,none of those issues were reported by drac. retry the ROM but wipe and format everything first. hopefully this will resolve errors.

Upvote 0
yea i did the full wipe, and the dalvic wipe....no worries, i just used the browser to find a file explorer. restored all google play required applications from titan backup, then it all works ok.
it was just really hard to get started because of the lack of a file explorer. and of the amount of bad/incorrect/malicious android file explorers there is on google.
also, i dont know what was wrong with the incoming calls, but i did 3 things, reset the phone, restored google play, restored the android id. and now they come in fine.
i know not the greatest trouble shooting, but i havent had any other problems since.
oh! one more thing
on the lock screen, everything is cramped and overlapping. i can post a screen if you like. just thought you should know. i think phone explorer has a function that would allow me to post a ss of the locked screen.
this wont be a problem once i restore widget locker, but hey, im loveing the blue! other random themeing.
thanks again for the upgrade to plus...you know what im talking about.

final thing for tonight then im off to bed, the system automatically activated the phone, as soon as it boot up it came up with the 3g icon and data and a voicemail....good work!

ill check in tomorrow early before work. thanks for all your help guys

Reactions: Curtis1973
Upvote 0
heres the screen of the lock screen

Untitled_zpseb8092d9.jpg

Upvote 0
ok for all intense purposes i consider this rom final. im going to post the final download here and in original post. with everything narrowed down to only a font replacement and readding a file manager. i consider this done. ive added root explorer as file manager and restored my sony sketch font (didnt revert to stock font because i thought it to would oversize with this theme,you can experiment on your own with various font types to suit your need,just backup current before so you can revert if need be).

edit: will add a new link for rom download.

Upvote 0
Simple questions. Can I just delete the crap and then add googleplus, googlevoice, and my other can't live without apps like the walgreens app into the system folder? If i can do that I will be good to go. Scared to brick my phone I can't afford it and this is my first root so I need to know.

I am connected to the computer right now and moved the ROM and flash image and other file to the sd card but when i look in ROM manager it doesn't show. Where do i move it to on the SD card?

Upvote 0
Simple questions. Can I just delete the crap and then add googleplus, googlevoice, and my other can't live without apps like the walgreens app into the system folder? If i can do that I will be good to go. Scared to brick my phone I can't afford it and this is my first root so I need to know.

I am connected to the computer right now and moved the ROM and flash image and other file to the sd card but when i look in ROM manager it doesn't show. Where do i move it to on the SD card?

do be honest, if your careful, its quite hard to brick your phone ++ we have a stock rom you can revert to if needed. but yes, first thing first get cwm, and keep a copy of the stock rom on your sd card. you can find it in the sticky.
when you install a rom from cwm, there is an option to update from zip, choose you own zip, then choose the one you dl'ed

correct me if im wrong but this is how i think its done

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones