1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root rom themeing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slutyman, Apr 27, 2012.

1. slutyman

slutyman Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    i want to theme a stock rom

Advertisement

2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    You can theme the stock Rom the same way as a custom Rom. You'll need a copy of a couple of files,root access, and a custom recovery installed. What you need to do is use a root capable file explorer to copy /system/framework/framework-res.apk and /system/apps/systemui.apk to your sd card. If the systemui.apk isn't there, don't worry about it. Then connect the phone to the pc by usb. Put the phone into usb storage mode, and then you can use the computer to visit the themers kitchen, here
    http://uot.dakra.lt/
    It will ask for system files to upload, those are the files you copied to the sd card on your phone, they should now show up on the computer as a usb drive.
    There are plenty of tutorials on the kitchen itself, I wrote one myself in the Optimus V All things Root board. Once you have your theme, reboot into recovery, MAKE A BACK-UP, and then flash your new theme. Reboot and enjoy. Be aware, though, not every mod in the kitchen plays nice with some Roms. That's why you need the backup, just in case. It may take a few tries to get the look you want, but as long as you have a good backup you don't have anything to fear. Have fun with it!;)

3. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    :eek:
    I just wrote an accidental tutorial! ;)

Tags: