1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] TheUltimateDroid 1.0.0 (FRG83) 1GHz

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coled91, Oct 11, 2010.

?

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

46 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jlinn75

jlinn75 Newbie

any ideas on how to install the youtube app from the market .. I get installation unsuccessful on UD 1.0.0.. any help would be great thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. akokonas

akokonas Newbie

Uninstall youtube through titanium backup. Then reboot your phone and download the new YouTube app through the market. I just did this an hour ago and works great.

3. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Android Enthusiast

I am running BB V0.5 now.

This app caused my phone to freeze up at the start up screen and freeze.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

I successfully updated the YouTube app, but I have a question for all of you who went through the hoops and installed the LauncherPro update: was it worth the effort? I mean, what changed and is it worth my while to do it? :thinking:

5. androidlover14

androidlover14 Android Enthusiast

6. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member

It fixes a facebook error. I would say that if you used the facebook widget that Fede has created, then definitely update. However, if you don't use it, there is no real need this time. It doesn't give or change anything else, just fixes a facebook error.

On a side note, I really don't think it was all that much effort. I mean, it took me a total of about 10 minutes to complete the task from start to finish.

Kratos

The_Chief likes this.
  7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Thanks kratos. I won't waste my time, then.

8. kratos

VIP Member

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! LauncherPro is never a waste of time :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D;););)

No problem. Any time. and all that stuff. But seriously, I would say that the way things are going with Fede, I would say the next major update is going to be the rewrite. I really don't foresee him putting too much time and effort into the current version other than to fix bugs.

I really can't wait to see what he does with the rewrite. I hope it make LP the only launcher to ever use. I mean, it is like the best and fighting hard with ADW right now, but there really aren't any other launcher that can compare. I think this rewrite will push LP right over the edge.

/offtopic

I really wish blackdroid had left the stock launcher in system and put LP in with the market apps. That would have made things a lot easier.

Kratos

9. Ammocache

Ammocache Lurker

Does anyone have a different link to download the ROM? Since the given one is well... broke/404 error -.-

10. roaddogmm

roaddogmm Lurker

Is anyone else having a problem finding Google Voice and Google Maps in the market? I can see gmail and some other google apps, but not these.

*EDIT*

Nevermind, I figured it out. I needed to wipe the data for my market. I bet I corrupted it somehow when switching between roms and restoring my data with Titanium backup

11. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

I'm seeing the same issues with wireless tether. I'm guessing this is an app issue not a ROM issue but I could be wrong. I'm gonna see if there is a newer version.

12. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Did you try using the 'Market Doctor' feature within TiBU? Works great!

13. bilbravo

bilbravo Member

I can't get any of the download links to work. Get a 404 on all of them. Is there another mirror?

Also, I am rooted running Lithium mod. Just copy this zip to /update.zip and boot into recovery then flash, right? I also need to wipe my cache too.

14. krouget

krouget Android Enthusiast

In trying to update LP, this actually lead me to try ADW, since it was now on my device...sure enough, now I have a new homescreen launcher, lol.

I'll probably go back to LP once he finishes writing the software, but change is nice.:)

15. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Android Enthusiast

I'm back! Just a bad setting. Love this rom

16. eric16l

eric16l Newbie

Hey Messenger - I also recently installed Black N Bold theme for UD 1.0. I love it, but the Swype Keyboard that comes on the stock UD 1.0 disappears when I install the theme. Not sure if you use it, but looking to verify if you have the same issue. I can't for the life of me figure out why that happens or how to get it back.

17. CK12

CK12 Newbie

I rooted a few weeks back but haven't flashed a ROM yet. I'm thinking this may be the one to go with.

18. DLM

DLM Well-Known Member

can anyone show me the phone answering screen?

19. Is anyone using the cpu frequency scaling option that's included with this rom? Or are you unchecking it and using a market app like setcpu still? And what are your opinions on the built in option for scaling.

20. kratos

VIP Member

The built in governor is very limited compared to SetCPU. I use SetCPU for the profiles because I think that being able to have my max and min change depending on the environment is crucial to a good battery life and overall health of my device.

Kratos

21. hondaxtc

hondaxtc Lurker

with this rom you don't need setcpu, i bought the setcpu before this came out and now don't even use the app.
    then again I don't know as much as kratos, soo......

22. kratos

VIP Member

You are correct in that you don't have to have SetCPU if all you are wanting to do is overclock to a constant frequency. However, if you want to make it so that when your battery gets below a certain percentage your max is lowered or even underclocked, then you MUST have SetCPU (or some other third party app).

Just keep that in mind because I think the profiles is what gives me 24-30 hours of battery life per charge.

Kratos

hondaxtc likes this.
  23. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

Have you found something that works consistently? It seems that it works some does and some not or I have to try a dozen times before it will allow me to connect to it via laptop or iPod touch.

24. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Android Expert

I'm having some automatic sync issues. Especially with GMail. I can't for the life of me get it to sync automatically.

Anyone know why?

25. kratos

VIP Member

Have you gone into accounts and sync and verified that the option to sync gmail is turned on within your account? For some unknown reason, this option is getting turned off with this ROM.

Kratos

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews