1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] TheUltimateDroid 1.0.0 (FRG83) 1GHz

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coled91, Oct 11, 2010.

?

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

46 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cubstuff

cubstuff Newbie

Currently running UD 0.8. Normally have about 35 - 40 MB's of internal memory free. Downloaded UD 1.0, and am down to 7.5 MB's internal memory and have the "Low Phone Space" error. Not sure why UD 1.0 takes so much more internal memory, but have to go back to UD 0.8 for now. Too bad.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. markc2

markc2 Well-Known Member

Did you wipe and format everything?

3. Mine was doing the same thing. I went into settings/ultimate droid/modified apps/stock browser app. This fixed it for me.

4. I'm having a problem updating my launcher pro. I don't know if it's related to this rom or not. I just thought I would check here since I am running this rom and it comes pre-installed on it. it keeps saying that the install is unsuccessful for version 0.8.1.1

5. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Android Enthusiast

I had the same thing, but otherwise, this rom rocks! Thanks for the help and posting an opem link.

6. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member

Make a nandroid backup of your current state ROM. Next, install adw.launcher from the market. Next, make a backup of your LP homescreens and settings. Then, use root explorer and navigate to system>app. Then click the mount rw button at the top of the screen. Next, find launcherpro.apk, longpress it, select delete. REBOOT YOUR PHONE (your changes will not take effect until you reboot!). Once your phone has rebooted, install LP from the market and open it. Then restore your homescreens and settings. Replace all your widgets and your good to go.

Edit: I have done this and can verify that if you follow the steps mentioned above, this will work just fine.

I am doing this right now and do not guarantee it will work! That is why you need to always make nandroid backups.

Kratos

7. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

I took the Black N Bold theme and changed the icons ... some are mine, some are borrowed from other themes of the past.
    I LOVE it!
    Don't hate me because it's beautiful. :p

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. athack

athack Newbie

thanks worked perfectly... if i knew where the button was to thank u i would???

9. hondaxtc

hondaxtc Lurker

nice Rom, mad props to you guys....horrible nightmare with UD8 install through rom manager and clockwordmod..

however this one is great running 500/800hrz and my 3d launcher is flawless thanks I love the customizing you can do on these ultimatedroid roms.
    all I did was boot into recovery (clockworkmod) wiped delvich and regular cache and installed the zip off SD card....no hitches or glitches, very happy with how this came off with no hitch

10. kratos

VIP Member

Glad it worked. It worked just as it's supposed to for me as well. I have had to do this multiple times with other system apps (gmail, maps, etc), but this is the first time I've done it with the launcher.

The one thing I was somewhat worried about was that LP is the only launcher included this time around and if you don't have a launcher you're basically useless. Luckily, having ADW worked and all is well with the world again.

Kratos

11. guttyla

guttyla Well-Known Member

Launcher Pro update was unsuccesful...is that because it was part of UD1.0? How do I update? I did purchase it prior to UD 1.0.

Any thoughts, guidance?

12. JD3206

JD3206 Lurker

Read previous posts on this page :D

13. jdailey1981

I agree:D It worked great for me

14. guttyla

guttyla Well-Known Member

oops, thought I have read all, must have missed it in haste. Seems like a lot to do, but i'll try it. UD 1.0 has just started lagging...i am going to try a new kernel...anyone else having issues with lagging?

15. nathan312

nathan312 Android Enthusiast

How do i update launcher pro with this? I see the update in my market, but when i try to "update" then it just says "installation failed". Is there anyway to do this since LP is the default launcher? Any help would be appreciated.

16. kratos

VIP Member

Read this: http://androidforums.com/droid-roms/196710-rom-theultimatedroid-1-0-0-frg83-1ghz-5.html#post1770591

There is a lot to do because if you simply delete the launcherpro.apk file, you will not have a launcher on your phone. This means you will not be able to access anything (and I actually think that you will get an error if you try to delete it if it's the only launcher present).

The nandroid backup is something you should do before you modify or delete root files anyways.

Making the LP backup is so you have less to do to set up your homescreens again.

So, the only step this would truly be considered "extra" is installing a second launcher to use after you delete LP.

Kratos

nathan312 and guttyla like this.
  17. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

OK, so I've been running this rom for about 2 weeks. Perfect, fast, reliable. Love it. Question is I only have about 110mb of free space on the internal storage. Is that normal? How can I verify if this is ok, meaning normal? Should I move some more apps to the SD card? Which apps should I NOT move? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

18. kratos

VIP Member

I only had about 25-30 MB of space on my internal storage for a while. I then moved all aps to SD (well most) and uninstalled a lot that I never use. Now I have a fairly consistent 95-100 MB space.

I would say that is above normal and considering we only have 256MB to begin with, I would say you are doing quite well.

Kratos

stmartin84 likes this.
  19. jdailey1981

Where can I find google navigator?

20. Dark_Wizard

Dark_Wizard Lurker

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and flashing ROM's to Droids and have a few questions if you wouldn't mind answering. I am also running a Moto Droid G1.

I just completed a Nandroid backup so I'm good to go there. I want to flash this ROM based on the great reviews in this thread and I would also like to run a faster kernel.

1. What kernel would you suggest? (I would prefer the 1ghz).
    2. Do I flash the ROM first then do the kernel or vice-versa?
    3. I plan on backing up my apps using Titanium Backup but wanted to know if this ROM requires me to restore the apps?
    4. Themes, what is included as I see no pics in this thread? (I prefer Dark/Black themes).
    5. Anything else I may be missing?

Thx for your time and am anxiously waiting so I can get started!

Bob

Forgot to say I also have Rom Manager Pro....

21. Dark_Wizard

Dark_Wizard Lurker

Hmmm, the site is down so I can't d/l the ROM?

22. kratos

VIP Member

What site are you trying to DL it from?

Kratos

23. Dark_Wizard

Dark_Wizard Lurker

The link in the first post? Is it in Rom Manager Pro?

24. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert

not currently in rom manager. if you dont get it I can email you the link or host a mirror later tonight. (around 9PM EST) Im currently running this and its been so smooth and fast all around, not to mention battery has been the best ive had. makes me wonder why I kept BB on my phone for as long as I did.

25. heynorm03

heynorm03 Lurker

is anyone else's google goggles crashing under the crash report it says
    java.lang.NullPointerException

source file Selectorlmpl.java

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews