1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] Thunder Rom v1.1 UPDATED!!! 9:30 PM EST

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ziggy46, Sep 20, 2011.

1. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

THUNDER ROM V1.0

Special Thanks to...

B_randon14- for helping me develop my rom building skills
    Punkmaxx- For giving me helpful guidence and letting me build off of his GB rom
    Pwnyourace- For his amazing Umph Kernels
    Mantera- For the 1% battery MOD and reboot & recovery power menu MOD
    Austrie- For giving me insperation on making a quality built rom! :D

If im missing anyone, let me know and i will add you right away!

Change Log-
    9/21-
    themed setting
    added red dividers
    fixed text box problem
    added apps (linpack & quadrant)
    Themed Fancy Widget
    changed some icons

9/20-
    rom created....

Rom Features: (Bold are new!)

Rooted
    Gingerbread Launcher (RED)
    Custom unlock/lock sounds
    Custom fonts
    Themed settings app
    Custom fancy widget clock
    Themed Notification Bar
    Themed Bottom Menus
    Gps.conf
    1% battery MOD and reboot & recovery power menu MOD Updated to v1.1
    umph v1 kernel
    Updated System Apps
    Included Facebook
    Thunderstorm Live Wallpaper (free version)
    No-Frills cpu control

Installation Instructions: (must be deodexed and rooted!!!)

1 Backup
    2 Wipe /cache & dalvik cache (script does this automatically now)
    3 Install ROM
    4 Reboot

Link- http://www.mediafire.com/?1k34a73z1k0fsdg

NOTE: If you want rom wallpaper on first boot, set your wallpaper to vm stock before flash! also, if not wallpaper will be built in with the red launcher anyway.... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    More screenshots if you want.... just ask if you want to see something specific :p

Advertisement

2. idbl_fanatic

idbl_fanatic Android Enthusiast

Looks good!!! Does everything work on it? Tether?

3. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

everything works on it for me.... i havent had chance to try out the tether yet though.

4. punkmaxx

punkmaxx Android Enthusiast

Rock on! Good to see the new ROM is up:)

5. poler166

poler166 Well-Known Member

I tried to reinstall in because the lockscreen looked all glitched now it's boot looping any edvice ????

6. Hardcore Icon

Hardcore Icon Newbie

hahaa! im such a sucker for new roms!
    thanks for the work! cant wait to give it a try!

7. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

well if your on cm7 flash back to froyo, make sure your deodexed, and dont clear anything before flash (the rom clears what needs to be cleared!) then it should work... if not let me know, and someone else please tell me if you have problems also! :D

8. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

So this is 2.2? Also just wondering if you went to school to learn how to make a rom? I will be going to school in the spring for mobile development. I would kind of like to get an early start if I can. Thanks ;)

9. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

yep this is for 2.2, and about going to school to learn to do this... the answer is no :p im actually 15 and learned from b_randon14. the school thing would be a big help though.

also, a good place to start would be to use a premade rom (like mine) and start by adding a new theme to it.... then once you get good at it, try to add more stuff to it. (tweaks, mods, etc)

Motofrust and mac42 like this.
  10. jacksonvega

jacksonvega Newbie

hey ziggy lovin this rom alot just one tiny tiny suggestion the message box when ur typing has a red outline that hangs out a little too much and is underneath the first letter of each sentence just tone it back a bit n maybe make it transparent a bit? idk your doin an awesome job man i hate to pick at something i cant **** with myself ya kno

11. jacksonvega

jacksonvega Newbie

sorry kinda said that wrong its not every sentence just all the way to the left of the message box

12. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

yea i noticed that problem... it should be fixed in the next update :D

13. jacksonvega

jacksonvega Newbie

you da man zig! any new tweaks coming in the next few updates?

14. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

yep... that is if i find any new and handy tweaks! LOL :D

also, has anyone else tried this rom yet? id like to know if you liked it or not... if there is something youd like to see in the next update please let me know :)

15. jacksonvega

jacksonvega Newbie

hey zig sorry to be a burden but the message box is still the same :(

16. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

hmmm... it shouldnt be! :( i flashed it onto my phone and it fixed the text box problem. are you sure you flashed the new v1.1?

17. jacksonvega

jacksonvega Newbie

yeah its deff the new one it has the quadrant app...il try reflashing and see what happens

18. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

ok cause its fixed for me.... if its not fixed please upload a screenshot cause i may have not cause one of the png's

19. dg61981

dg61981 Android Enthusiast

Ziggy...thunder ROM....IS THA SHIZ! its my new daily. love the look and the screen lock/unlock sounds are sweet. nice job.

20. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

glad you like it! :D did you notice the custom fancy widget in the widgets menu? (i will update screen shots in like 3 mins) also, if you notice any flaws let me know... my next version will stop the occasional black screen after call. (which rarely happens)

21. dg61981

no I didn't but I just went and switched my miui clock with the fancy one cause its B-A! haven't noticed the black screen yet as I rarely make calls but ill be looking forward to the next build.

22. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

LOL! :p if you have problems with the fancy widget morphing or getting squished on your homescreen... turn off auto rotate and it fixes the problem. (for some reason on the triumph homescreen clocks act wierd like that)

23. dg61981

does that happen with the twitter and Facebook Widgets too? sometimes they automatically resize and I have to delete them and reapply them.

24. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

i dont use those widgets... but the homescreen clocks always do that to me. even on stock rom. but i found that turning auto rotate off fixes that

25. dg61981

so I just got a call and I don't know if this is intentional or not but when the phones ringing, the touch keys flash intermittently. like on, off, on, off. u know bout that?