1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ROM TOOLBOX PRO (RTBP) for Kyocera hydro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Josh2090, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

The purpose is to help hydro users or users of other kyocera similar devises (e.g rise) to learn the setup of this great app. One of the main goals of the setup is to help with the freezing/laging and increase battery life.

RTBP is full of great features and is a combination of a number of apps all in one. If you have root then RTBP is highly recommended.

If anyone has suggestions and would like to help come on in. I need help myself with the setup. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

1.Performance :
    SD Booster current value is 128 kb.
    I read that 512 kb is better or maybe higher? What do you think?

2. CPU Control:
    CPU Sliders set at
    Max at 1024 MHZ
    Min at 245 MHZ
    I/O Scheduler: cfq
    Governor: performance
    Check at apply at boot.

Anybody?

3. 2)Again use SetCpu instead of RTBP values do not stick.Take a look at your clock even when set on boot to see what I mean after pulling the battery or rebooting phone lmfao

1)Never really bothered with faster sd card read/write data reads but will say just set it the highest

Also leave anything UI alone as in animations,fonts,theme,and etc or you will brick your phone with no way to recover given lack of cwm

Josh2090 likes this.
  4. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

I stopped using it. I just downloaded terminal emulator, voltage control, build.prop, and root browser. Rom toolbox took up a lot more space and I didn't use half of it. From a lot of information I read titanium is the best but never tried it. When I set CPU settings I used noop instead of cfq. SD speed apparently 2048 is the best when you have apps on sdcard.

Josh2090 likes this.
  5. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

So what do you think on this? I'm having some trouble with the freezing, lagging and battery. Check this post http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5975581

That's what I'm using so far.

6. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

Using root browser in rtbp go to system/lib/egl/egl.cfs and remove only 0 0 android then save and reboot. Then using build.prop editor I added dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=a,u=y and save then reboot from prompt. It helps a little as far as speeding up the phone.
    Also using build.prop editor I set
    Dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit to 56m
    Dalvik.vm.heapsize to 72m
    Dalvik.vm.heapsizestartsize to 10m
    I also added video.accelerate.hw to 1
    Now you need to add it at the bottom of build.prop editor there is a + tap it and it'll bring up a window tap the first line and scroll down to video.accelerate.hw and set it one then save and reboot. Try it out it worked for me let me know.

Josh2090 likes this.
  7. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

Thanks. I will try that later. Gonna watch a movie for some R&R. Hopefully it won't be as complicated as it sounds. Will let you know if I ran into any trouble.

8. Be careful when modding BP mistakes of anykind even minor will bootloop your phone with no way to recvoer given lack of cwm

Josh2090 likes this.
  9. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

Still testing RTBP. So far CPU values are sticking even after reboot or pulling battery.

10. codester0869

codester0869 Member

I have it and used it to change my font and boot animations several times and have had no problems with bricking it or bootloops i might just be lucky... Although some boot animations dont work a few of them do... And i tried changing,the UI icons like 3g and battery and they just wouldnt work oh and i do have the pro version best $5 i spent on an app

11. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

I ran into a few issues that I'm trying to solve. I emailed dev to see what response they give me:

1. Installing a Recovery

I followed the instructions found on dev's website. I get the same problem that some users complained.

Error! No recoveries are currently available for your device.

On ROM Management device name is C5170 (in gray)

2. Freeze/Uninstalling/System app

On App Manager, after selecting an app it will not let me uninstall an app. I get "Fail uninstalling NAME OF APP"

If I try to freeze an app I get "Failed freezing NAME OF APP"

If I try Advance Freezing and try to disable something I get "Fail to disable..."

If I want to convert an app to a system app I also get "Failed to convert...". However, I can do that by going to Root Browser, then by moving/copy and paste an app.

3. CPU

My values at first didn't want to stick. But after a while they do? It seems to be working now. I did not have a problem with this when I was using SetCPU (which I uninstalled to give this app a try. But they do stick now.

Any takes on this?

12. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

We dont have a recovery for this phone yet. The bootloader is locked. With freezing apps i never could with it either so i just stopped trying it with rtbp. Look around and see which freezing programs actually work. To delete apps i used titanium back up because once you delete an app it backs it up so if you delete the wrong app you can recover it. To set cpu with rtbp i never had a problem with it sticking the best thing i can say is make sure apply at boot is set.
    As for making a user app into a system app.
    Using root browser or what not go to data/app and long press on the app you want and use cut not copy i found copy doesnt work then go to system/app and paste then make sure permissions are set to rw--r-- then reboot and it turns it into a system app and if you do a factory reset most apps dont work and will force close.

Josh2090 likes this.
  13. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

This is what permissions need to be set to.

Attached Files:

14. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

For some reason I can't see the pick.

I converted last week Nova Launcher to a system app the way you described it. Didn't have a problem. I also converted Opera Mini that way. I did that to get rid of the stock launcher and browser. Everything seems to be working good.

My CPU values did stick. So no problem with that.

As far as the freezing an app issue that's another big one. RTBP would not let me. I had a similar problem with another app called Greenify. I'd kind of new and is getting good reviews. What it does is that it places an app in hibernation. Not deep sleep or freeze. Is different. You do that so the system does not start the app until you do it. It helps with the battery and memory.

Anyway, Greenify would not let me hibernate an app. I contacted dev and he said that the problem is the superuser that I use. He suggested I use a different one. Other users did an the problem was solved. I rooted my hydro as recommended here in the forums. I tried using one that he recommended, SuperSD. Big mistake. Had to re-root my phone. Maybe I didn't forget it right. He recommended another one.

So maybe the type of superuser why we can't hibernate, freeze or even disable an app?

15. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

Forgot, with Greenify the only app that would let me hibernate was Tango. Odd!

16. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

Im using super su and had no problems

17. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

When I installed it it would not list any apps. Maybe I installed it wrong.

18. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

I got past it by auto granting cause apps would force close.
    Make sure you delete superuser or super su doesnt work right and reboot

19. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

So I follow this same steps except with supersu?

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=686996

Not sure what u mean by auto granting. But I need to delete superuser and then install it or install it and then delete superuser?

20. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

You install super su and then run it and itll come up afterwards to delete superuser. As far as auto grant its set to not prompt or ask it just grants it.

21. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

OK I'll probably give it a try in a minute. But I'd it does not work I just uninstall and then install superuser again, right?

22. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

No super su takes the place of superuser

23. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

I contacted the dev. http://goo.gl/q0CSX

So dev said that the problem as to why I can't freeze or uninstall an app is because it sounded like my 'system is R/O'. Dev suggested that I go into Scripter (in RTBP) and to run the script "Mount System R/W".

If I do this it won't mess me up, right?

24. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

In root browser if you mount r/o as r/w in system it stays in r/w. but as far as i know i dont see any reason why it would do anything. Give me a minute and ill try it.

Josh2090 likes this.
  25. Josh2090

Josh2090 Member

Hey, I tried and didn't do anything. I advised dev that that didn't work so I'm waiting to see what the response is.

After I did that I got something like this. Look at the line at the bottom where it says at the end something about busybox not being found. Maybe it's nothing

Attached Files:

Kyocera Hydro Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews