• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rom Toolbox Pro *SALE*

Hey Brian! whats up? heres my dilemma: i got like 7 and some change left the playstore from when i got my N7. its a toss up between TiBu for i think 6 and change, and RTBP for 3 bucks....

Titanium for sure. Most of the features in the ROM toolbox are baked into custom ROMs. The only thing I see that can't be done in Recovery or Custom ROMs is backing up apps. And if you're like me, flashing tons of ROMs, Titanium can save lots of time. It creates a flashable .zip. Not to mention, every other major selling point (root explorer, NANDroid backups, and ad-blocker) can be done with other free apps. Personally, I don't see the value in ROM Toolbox anymore. Three years ago, it was a must have.

Upvote 0
Hey Brian! whats up? heres my dilemma: i got like 7 and some change left the playstore from when i got my N7. its a toss up between TiBu for i think 6 and change, and RTBP for 3 bucks....

I have to agree with extreme nerd. I use rom toolbox and titanium but if you're mainly interested in a solid backup app, titanium beats rom toolbox. It backs up and restores data that rom toolbox misses at times. As far as the other features in rom toolbox, you can likely find other free alternatives to do most of the stuff. I love both apps but titanium is a must I think for a solid backup app!

Upvote 0
man the flashable zips have me wondering.... i like that idea... what i wold use rtb for is that you can change your status bar icons with ease. is there another free (or cheap) app that does this?

If you're running any custom ROM, it's in their options. I prefer AOKP for their ROM Control. And if you're running any CM based ROM, the theme engine can change them. I have personally never tried to change them one at a time, so I don't know of an app which can do it.

Upvote 0
o man i wasnt aware that rtb did backups. lol i use both free version right now (rtb and TiBu) does the payed version of TiBu bring anything more to the table other than flashable zips?

Yeah, it's number one feature compared to the free version, batch backup and restore. The free version forces you to restore your phones backup one app at a time. TiBu is the best root app on the Play Store in my opinion. Try it, you'll like it! :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's number one feature compared to the free version, batch backup and restore. The free version forces you to restore your phones backup one app at a time. TiBu is the best root app on the Play Store in my opinion. Try it, you'll like it! :D

+1 for Titanium Backup. Sure, Rom Toolbox is neat...but all I'd do with it is theme the status bar...UOT can do that ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones