• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] UD 2.3!!! Hot of the presses!

i finally metamorphed a new battery icon in, now if i could only find a fix for the incoming call screen. the rest of the ROM is GREAT!!!

benchmark:
benchmarkUD23.png

Upvote 0
The only time I have no "Clear" button (long horizontal bar at the bottom of the notifications) is when there is nothing to clear.

This is the first install of UD I have ever had, so thank you my kind sir, haha. I never noticed it I guess. I was getting so frustrated over it. I had just updated like 20 apps and it never occurred to me to scroll all the way down.

Upvote 0
i'm new to this forum, but i'm no noob to hacking phones(I was using RSD during the moto V3 days). I've had my phone for a year and i had been unfortunately preoccupied with work. Until i saw an old motorola data cable i had for a nextel walkie talkie phone i had years ago(putting ringtones and pictures on your phones and changing carrier logos was always fun to get paid for :)

Anyways long story short, I caught the bug yesterday morning. Went online. about 4 hours later I was rooted and successfully running UD2.3 on my droid. I just have to give credit to you guys and all your hard work. This is awesome, my phone is comparable to my gf's stock droid x, except the obvious beautiful screen on the X. Anyways I'm happy this rom and give two thumbs up

Upvote 0
Anybody else getting random, occasional reboots w/ this ROM? I've gotten 3 or 4 since installing it. Usually right when I really need the phone, like doing a web search or Maps search.

Reboots aside, I'm mostly liking this ROM. Definitely getting better battery life on 2.3 than previous versions.

Upvote 0
Anybody else getting random, occasional reboots w/ this ROM? I've gotten 3 or 4 since installing it. Usually right when I really need the phone, like doing a web search or Maps search.

Reboots aside, I'm mostly liking this ROM. Definitely getting better battery life on 2.3 than previous versions.

Might want to try a different kernel....i noticed when i try different kernels i get these. Till i founmd one works with my phone. the LFY kernels work great.

Upvote 0
First time running UD ROM. I think i've got it all set up how I want, there's a lot of options! Still can't get my LEDs to work right though. They change colors for each app as I've designated, but they hardly blink, just stay lit and blink once every 30 seconds or so. Changing the blink rate setting and rebooting doesn't seem to make a difference. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
how do i get the bootanimations to work? from the ud settings menu, i go to quick commands> enable/disable commands> enable boot animation. then go to ud extras> bootanimations> and select watevr animation i want. but whenevr i reboot, it's the same animation i had before i flashed to this rom. am i doing something wrong here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones