• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] UD 2.4 Gingerbread goodness out now!!

I always use the Zegoe font (been using it long before UD ROMs) and it does the same thing. Has since UD 0.8.0. Not a big deal to me so I never mentioned it. Blackdroid has bigger fish to fry.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just deal with it too then.
On a different note, does anyone know how to get a completely silent mode using the volume control buttons? I like to have the vibrate mode but at times the vibrate is still too loud and it'd be nice to have a mode with no sound or vibrate at all.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just deal with it too then.
On a different note, does anyone know how to get a completely silent mode using the volume control buttons? I like to have the vibrate mode but at times the vibrate is still too loud and it'd be nice to have a mode with no sound or vibrate at all.

press menu<settings<sound<toggle the silent state box.

Upvote 0

Download/install AudioManager (Widget or Pro). I have timed volume profiles that I can select manually as well. It will solve all of your volume needs. ;)

Upvote 0
Had to roll back to UD 2.3. Ended up having major homescreen refresh lag w/ 2.4 and just general lag throughout the phone. Also, don't care for the new status bar icons, nor do I like the theme of the Gingerbread kb - it's too hard to read the word predictions w/ that dark red color (why would BD choose that??) on my Droid.

Think I'm just going to hold out w/ UD 2.3 until a true Gingerbread ROM drops.

Upvote 0
Yes i just Got the New UD 2.4 Gingerbread Rom and everything works fine except for 2 problems that keep occurring on the phone which is a minor thing but its easy to fix .

Well the first problem is my Dock bar keeps disappearing every now and then After i turn the screen off and back on the Dock bar is gone and the only way i can get the dock bar back is by Hitting Menu<Configure<Drawer Settings<App Drawer Style< and re clicking Vertical Plane idk why it does this its weird but maybe one of yall out there will know how to fix this .

Now the second problem i have is that my Notification Light Will Blink Green even when there is no new message , email, call, Text message . I mean i turn my screen off and it starts Blinking Green but once i turn the light back on it goes off and ive looked everywere to try and figure out why it is doing this because when i had BBV.4 it never done that till i got this rom installed . So if you could tell me how to fix that i would gladly appreciate it .

Alright there is my 2 problems i seemed to keep having Hope you can help me Thanks

Tugdaturtle

Upvote 0
Yes i just Got the New UD 2.4 Gingerbread Rom and everything works fine except for 2 problems that keep occurring on the phone which is a minor thing but its easy to fix .

Well the first problem is my Dock bar keeps disappearing every now and then After i turn the screen off and back on the Dock bar is gone and the only way i can get the dock bar back is by Hitting Menu<Configure<Drawer Settings<App Drawer Style< and re clicking Vertical Plane idk why it does this its weird but maybe one of yall out there will know how to fix this .

Now the second problem i have is that my Notification Light Will Blink Green even when there is no new message , email, call, Text message . I mean i turn my screen off and it starts Blinking Green but once i turn the light back on it goes off and ive looked everywere to try and figure out why it is doing this because when i had BBV.4 it never done that till i got this rom installed . So if you could tell me how to fix that i would gladly appreciate it .

Alright there is my 2 problems i seemed to keep having Hope you can help me Thanks

Tugdaturtle

First, I'm going to just say this: UD 2.5.0 is out now. I highly suggest flashing that and if your problems still exist, then post in the thread for 2.5.0 and we can attempt to help you get it fixed.

BD usually good about getting things fixed with each release.

First try flashing 2.5.0 without a wipe. If you still have problems, wipe then flash. And if you still have problems, let us know. We will help.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones