• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][UNOFFICAL]LineageOS 13 6/11/2017

Hey guys I just switched over from CM13 to LineageOS 13 and everything seems to work fine for a couple of days, but I started noticing that bootup time is a lot slower than normal. Honestly, I have not seen any wifi issues that you guys have mentioned. Not sure if this maybe my phone acting up, because once in a while the phone is freeze and need to randomly reboot. This does not happen often at all, but it has happened two or three times in the past week or so. I might try to wipe and reflash the rom again to see if I get different results.

Upvote 0
Hey guys I just switched over from CM13 to LineageOS 13 and everything seems to work fine for a couple of days, but I started noticing that bootup time is a lot slower than normal. Honestly, I have not seen any wifi issues that you guys have mentioned. Not sure if this maybe my phone acting up, because once in a while the phone is freeze and need to randomly reboot. This does not happen often at all, but it has happened two or three times in the past week or so. I might try to wipe and reflash the rom again to see if I get different results.
The apps you are using might be making problems and causing it to boot slowly. When your phone freezes you should get the logs and post them here so they can be fixed.

Upvote 0
The apps you are using might be making problems and causing it to boot slowly. When your phone freezes you should get the logs and post them here so they can be fixed.
I was thinking the same thing, but it feels odd that it would be the apps since the apps installed have not caused problems in CM13. I will see if I can pull the logs when it happens again.

Upvote 0
I'm still on CM13 8-18-2016 and did the RingPlus to Ting migration just now. Is there a Ting APN fix file I can download? Because that all in one v1.2 apn fix doesnt work well for Ting, I can't get any data going no LTE or 3g nada. Anyone else do the RingPlus to Ting thing and now get LTE or 3G ? tell me how please. thanks

Upvote 0
I'm still on CM13 8-18-2016 and did the RingPlus to Ting migration just now. Is there a Ting APN fix file I can download? Because that all in one v1.2 apn fix doesnt work well for Ting, I can't get any data going no LTE or 3g nada. Anyone else do the RingPlus to Ting thing and now get LTE or 3G ? tell me how please. thanks

You need to go back to stock and reactivate before you can use a custom ROM

Reactions: andMego
Upvote 0
kwiknutsI'm still on CM13 8-18-2016 and did the RingPlus to Ting migration just now. Is there a Ting APN fix file I can download? Because that all in one v1.2 apn fix doesnt work well for Ting, I can't get any data going no LTE or 3g nada. Anyone else do the RingPlus to Ting thing and now get LTE or 3G ? tell me how please. thanks

I switched to freedompop and can't get LTE. I went back to stock but I don't get LTE there either.

Reactions: Ghost_Killer_134
Upvote 0

did that I reverted to stock did prl update just fine then back to CM13 and APNfix 1.2 Ting install but no data. Was getting data just fine on RP. Tig CS says there is no APN cdma settings for Ting. any ideas Ill settle for 3G even 2G if no LTE.

Upvote 0
spock1104You need to go back to stock and reactivate before you can use a custom ROM
did that I reverted to stock did prl update just fine then back to CM13 and APNfix 1.2 Ting install but no data. Was getting data just fine on RP. Tig CS says there is no APN cdma settings for Ting. any ideas Ill settle for 3G even 2G if no LTE.

A PRL update isn't enough. You have to completely reset the programming. Follow the same steps I put in the tello thread.

Upvote 0
kwiknuts<blockquote>spock1104You need to go back to stock and reactivate before you can use a custom ROM
did that I reverted to stock did prl update just fine then back to CM13 and APNfix 1.2 Ting install but no data. Was getting data just fine on RP. Tig CS says there is no APN cdma settings for Ting. any ideas Ill settle for 3G even 2G if no LTE.</blockquote>A PRL update isn&#039;t enough. You have to completely reset the programming. Follow the same steps I put in the tello thread.

I did that and I couldn't get anything more than 3g on stock and no data on this.

Upvote 0
My wife's wifi dies once a day yet my phone chugs along without issue. I'm getting incredibly frustrated with this.
After a clean wipe last night and installing gapps-mini/necessary apps only, I've only had one wifi disconnect in 24 hours. My wifi graph in the battery usage is a solid line today, which is way better than previous days where I've seen quite a few gaps. The most recent build has improved my wifi significantly and since this is my first clean install on this build, I'm willing to chalk up my previous issues to gremlins. Today's also since it seemed to be more software/network related than an actual crash or issue. I should also note that when I did the setup, I didn't sign into any accounts to avoid pulling any backed up settings. If I notice anymore drops, I'll get something solid in logs before I share it here. Maybe now I can take a peek back into encryption... :batdroid:

Upvote 0
I did that and I couldn't get anything more than 3g on stock and no data on this.
I would suggest getting stock to fully work first and then trying to go back to Lineage. When I have bad LTE problems I find going back to ZV4 rom and modem helps, then to zv6 rom and modem, and then to Lineage. Can also try the built-in APNs, Lineage should have one for Ting.

Upvote 0
I would suggest getting stock to fully work first and then trying to go back to Lineage. When I have bad LTE problems I find going back to ZV4 rom and modem helps, then to zv6 rom and modem, and then to Lineage. Can also try the built-in APNs, Lineage should have one for Ting.
Hey Spock the last 2 updates to the Lineage ROMs I've noticed after a short time I loose WiFi. & if I tick it off & on again it comes back for maybe a minute to a few minutes, than it drops again but it always says it's connected & it even sends & receives some data but at a hugely slower rate, like barley! I even got a new router for my internet, not the problem! So I reverted back to the cm13 build on 8/18 & it works more or less flawlessly! I just like keeping stuff updated! How do I do the test logs? I wanna help get to the bottom of this! Thanks!

Upvote 0
spock1104I would suggest getting stock to fully work first and then trying to go back to Lineage. When I have bad LTE problems I find going back to ZV4 rom and modem helps, then to zv6 rom and modem, and then to Lineage. Can also try the built-in APNs, Lineage should have one for Ting.
Hey Spock the last 2 updates to the Lineage ROMs I&#039;ve noticed after a short time I loose WiFi. &amp; if I tick it off &amp; on again it comes back for maybe a minute to a few minutes, than it drops again but it always says it&#039;s connected &amp; it even sends &amp; receives some data but at a hugely slower rate, like barley! I even got a new router for my internet, not the problem! So I reverted back to the cm13 build on 8/18 &amp; it works more or less flawlessly! I just like keeping stuff updated! How do I do the test logs? I wanna help get to the bottom of this! Thanks!

The second post in this thread explains how to get logs.

Upvote 0
Hey Spock the last 2 updates to the Lineage ROMs I've noticed after a short time I loose WiFi. & if I tick it off & on again it comes back for maybe a minute to a few minutes, than it drops again but it always says it's connected & it even sends & receives some data but at a hugely slower rate, like barley! I even got a new router for my internet, not the problem! So I reverted back to the cm13 build on 8/18 & it works more or less flawlessly! I just like keeping stuff updated! How do I do the test logs? I wanna help get to the bottom of this! Thanks!
This sounds like the exact issue I was having... after you grab some logs, you might try a complete clean install by formatting the system, data, and cache partitions. Make sure you don't restore your account or wifi settings from anything, I connected to my wifi during setup but did not restore anything. I waited until after the setup was complete to add my google account. Since doing this the other night, I've had nearly no wifi issues on the most recent build. The only time I noticed it dropping was due to a software/network error in wpa_supplicant, haven't seen it again since.

Upvote 0
Well, here's what I've done unsuccessfully so far. I didn't have a card anywhere with enough space so I couldn't do a data backup.

I tried to upgrade to Lineage 14.1 from cm 13 8/19, wiped caches/system, it installed fine but I ran into a ton of errors after it booted. Anything camera related (camera/flashlight/hangouts) completely crashed. I think I have a log somewhere if I can find it.

After that I tried Lineage 13, that also installed fine but went into infinite boot after installation. Same thing with the log, it's somewhere.

I finally cleared enough to do a data backup, did a full wipe, tried Lineage 14.1 again but it was still bugged.

Just got Lineage 13 running though, we'll see how things go this time.

Found some logs I got from Lineage 14 while I was running it.

Attachments

• 2017-02-22-18-32-38.txt
    299.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 2017-02-23-00-14-22.txt
    80.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Upvote 0

Attachments

• 2017-02-24_09.07.zip
    256.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 2017-02-24_09.07.zip
    256.4 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Thanks, but if this is for a reboot then you gave me the wrong log. I need /proc/last_kmsg for a reboot. This appears to be a logcat.
No, this is just for information. I figured an hours long log from another phone might be useful for something, if not then I guess it can just be ignored. Oh, I also uploaded logs to my previous post regarding Lineage 14.1 for anyone working on that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones