• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][UNOFFICAL]LineageOS 13 6/11/2017

spock1104

Android Expert
Jul 9, 2013
With the recent demise of CM and rebirth as Lineage, I thought it appropriate to create a new thread. So here we are, Lineage OS 13 on the LG Volt LS740.

logo.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now potentially void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 * That's not to say I won't try to help if you're polite about it ;-)
 */

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/34qljf3523md26u/lineage-13.0-20170611-UNOFFICIAL-x5.zip
MD5: B13E1F06DF4DA2B22B4738325C499DB6

Partially Working:
NFC
models with IMX111/IMX179 front camera may exhibit green tint. IMX219 is OK.

Not working:
Proximity Sensor
DT2W

If you need proximity working, try this instead. Tradeoff: NFC and compass are completely broken, rotation stops after a few days, and the ROM is out of date.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b39ptx5sgu6u9iu/cm-13.0-20160819-UNOFFICIAL-x5.zip
MD5: 1468A8CC4253BB16C0E8F8A219E74FF3

These builds also support F2FS for the data and cache positions. Using it can speed up your phone a bit more. The noticeable difference is the time it takes to open apps. See the TWRP 3.0.2 thread for details.

Installation:
If starting fresh:
  1. I highly recommend that you get an SD Card
  2. Root your phone
  3. Download an app to flash a recovery image. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.twrp.twrpapp&hl=en or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools&hl=en
  4. Install a recovery. TWRP 3.0.2 recommended, or CM Recovery
  5. Optional, use Titanium Backup or Helium to back up your apps and data.
  6. Reboot to recovery.
  7. Optional but very highly recommended, make a backup. If you lose something, I will laugh at you.
  8. Wipe cache, dalvik-cache, system, and data
  9. Flash the ROM
  10. Flash GAPPS http://opengapps.org/ (6.0)
  11. Many find that the stock APNs don't work (needed for 4G access), so you might need to flash an APN. Sprint/VM/Boost or RingPlus
  12. Reboot to system
  13. If you backed up your apps at step 5, use the same app to restore.
A note on using Titanium Backup with Android 6, it won't let you directly access the SD Card. You must click Menu, Preferences, Backup Folder Location, (click to change) next to Storage Provider, DocumentProvider, ..., Show SD Card, hamburger, sdcard1, SELECT (DO NOT select a folder), from backup folder location find your TitaniumBackup folder on your SD Card, then USE THE CURRENT FOLDER.

If upgrading from one of my builds (unless I indicate you need to do a full wipe):
  1. Reboot to recovery
  2. Optionally but recommended, make a backup
  3. Flash the ROM update
  4. Flash your APN
  5. Wipe Cache/Dalvik
  6. Reboot to system
  7. ???
  8. Profit

Acknowledgements/Thanks:
@Bad_MOFO_33
@whoshotjr2006
@Ph0enix_216
@ShapeShifter499
Quarx2k
vm03
NikitaProAndroid
invisiblek

Previous life of this ROM: http://androidforums.com/threads/just-throwing-this-out-there-cm13-for-g2-mini-sources.977839/

Last edited:
Changelog:
6/11/17:
Pull latest LineageOS source

4/9/17:
Rework WCNSS driver (sorry the last build sucked!)
Switch to Cortex-A7 optimization (msm8926 does not use krait)(maybe slight speed/stability boost?)

2/19/17:
Update kernel WCNSS driver (more WiFi fixes)
slight boost to speaker

2/6/17:

1/28/17:
Switch to CM provided RIL (more stable LTE connection)
Fix WiFi from disconnecting while asleep

1/16/17:
Fix rotation, gravity, acceleration, and compass sensors
Update GPS

12/28/16:
Change source to LineageOS

LineageOS changes can be viewed at https://www.cmxlog.com/13/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Log collection
This is a work in progress, and the only way it gets better is with feedback. If something goes awry, I need logs to try to find the issue.

If you have an issue that is not causing a reboot, usually an app not working right, then in most cases I need a logcat. dmesg is a plus but probably not necessary.

If you have an issue that causes the phone to reboot, I absolutely need /proc/last_kmsg.

If you don't have logs for your issue I'm usually helpless and you'll be ignored. If you have logs, I'll try my damnedest to investigate at the next opportunity I have. But I wouldn't mind some help with that, I don't get a lot of time for this.

Helping you and me reduce battery drain

In order to reduce battery drain, we need to know what on the phone is actually draining it. We can accomplish this via Better Battery Stats. Download and install the app, and give it root permissions.

What can you do to reduce your own battery use?
Monitor the partial wakelocks, which will come from apps waking the phone up to do their thing. Some apps just like to be greedy about their CPU usage. If it's an app you can do without, uninstall it. Make a backup first, either nandroid or with Titanium Backup. If you want or need to keep the app, I recommend using Greenify to hibernate the app.

What can you do to help me reduce battery use?
Monitor the kernel wakelocks tab. If it looks like the kernel has gone wild:
  • Open the BetterBatteryStats settings
  • Open Advanced
  • Open Sharing Options
  • Select Text, Logcat, and dmesg
  • Go back to the main screen
  • Select the share button in the top right
  • Select save
  • Grab the dated BetterBatteryStats, dmesg, and logcat files from your sdcard

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DEVELOPERS NEEDED

This is a work in progress and open source. I have limited time to work on it and would rather not do so alone. So, here's the basics to get started. The environment will also set you up for ROM building for the eventuality we get full ROM builds from source.

Environment
This can be done on either a dedicated box or a virtual machine. I've seen recommendations of 50-100GB of space, but I recommend 150 for managing several build directories at once. Follow most of the instructions on Initializing a Build Environment | Android Developers but read below for alternate instructions first! Also don't mind the RAM requirements, I used to run my virtual machine with 4GB and it was fine, if a little slow. If you can, 8GB is plenty. It's also worth mentioning here that I'm using ubuntu 14.04 and can't guarantee these steps are enough to create a ROM in any other OS.

Don't follow the software or Java instructions. For software packages, do the following:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:git-core/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib libc6-dev-i386 lib32ncurses5-dev x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32z-dev ccache libgl1-mesa-dev libxml2-utils xsltproc unzip maven schedtool imagemagick openjdk-7-jdk

use the instructions at Downloading the Source | Android Developers to install Repo

Downloading the source

Determine where you're going to build from. I typically work out of ~/lineage/cm13. First we'll make that directory and download the LineageOS source
Code:
cd ~
mkdir lineage
mkdir lineage/cm13
cd lineage/cm13
repo init -u git://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b cm-13.0
repo sync

This download might take a while... once it's finished
Code:
cd .repo
mkdir local_manifests
cd local_manifests
gedit roomservice.xml

and paste this into the editor and save. this will configure some last CM source, my source, and some omnirom source needed for TWRP
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <remote  name="https"
           fetch="https://github.com" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_external_sony_boringssl-compat" path="external/sony/boringssl-compat" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
  <project name="spock1104/android_kernel_lge_msm8226" path="kernel/lge/msm8226" remote="https" revision="cm-13.0" />
  <project name="spock1104/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="https" revision="cm-13.0" />
  <project name="spock1104/android_device_lge_msm8226-common" path="device/lge/msm8226-common" remote="https" revision="cm-13.0" />
  <project name="spock1104/android_device_lge_x5" path="device/lge/x5" remote="https" revision="cm-13.0" />
  <project name="spock1104/android_bootable_recovery" path="bootable/recovery-twrp" remote="https" revision="android-6.0" />
  <project name="spock1104/android_external_busybox" path="external/busybox" remote="https" revision="android-6.0" />
</manifest>

finally, download the final bits
Code:
cd ../..
repo sync

Build the code!
Code:
. ./build/envsetup.sh
lunch
(enter the number for x5-userdebug)
mka bacon

and wait for a ROM to pop out. You did it!

To pull updates and build again
Code updates happen. Here's how to get them and rebuild
Code:
cd ~/lineage/cm13
make clobber
repo sync
. ./build/envsetup.sh
lunch
(enter the number for x5-userdebug)
mka bacon

and wait for a ROM to pop out

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ran the build last night while I was sleeping (or trying to). Woke up to find my Linux box had locked up and froze overnight, so I rebooted and ran the build again. Got this error:
Code:
ph0enix_216@Skippy:~$ cd ~/android/cm-13.0
ph0enix_216@Skippy:~/android/cm-13.0$ . build/envsetup.s
bash: build/envsetup.s: No such file or directory
ph0enix_216@Skippy:~/android/cm-13.0$ . build/envsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-arm64/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-mips/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-x86_64/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-x86/vendorsetup.sh
including device/lge/x5/vendorsetup.sh
including device/oneplus/oneplus2/vendorsetup.sh
including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
including vendor/cm/bash_completion/git.bash
including vendor/cm/bash_completion/repo.bash
ph0enix_216@Skippy:~/android/cm-13.0$ brunch x5
including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=6.0.1
CM_VERSION=13.0-20161229-UNOFFICIAL-x5
TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_x5
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=krait
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.4.0-57-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-16.04-xenial
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=MOB31K
OUT_DIR=/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out

make: Entering directory '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0'
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=6.0.1
CM_VERSION=13.0-20161229-UNOFFICIAL-x5
TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_x5
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=krait
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.4.0-57-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-16.04-xenial
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=MOB31K
OUT_DIR=/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out
device/lge/msm8226-common/libsensors/daemon/../tools/options.mk:11: ----android_version is 5.0
device/lge/msm8226-common/libsensors/daemon/../tools/options.mk:100: compiling daemon for:    bmc150 
device/lge/msm8226-common/libsensors/hal/../tools/options.mk:11: ----android_version is 5.0
device/lge/msm8226-common/libsensors/hal/../tools/options.mk:100: compiling daemon for: bma255 bmm150  bmc150 
device/lge/msm8226-common/libsensors/hal/../tools/options.mk:296: warning: overriding recipe for target 'install'
device/lge/msm8226-common/libsensors/daemon/../tools/options.mk:296: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'install'
build/core/base_rules.mk:559: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/system/xbin/bzip2'
external/busybox/Android.mk:171: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/system/xbin/bzip2'
build/core/base_rules.mk:559: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/system/xbin/unzip'
external/busybox/Android.mk:171: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/system/xbin/unzip'
build/core/binary.mk:37: libwifi-hal-qcom uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
build/core/binary.mk:37: libwifi-hal-qcom uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
build/core/base_rules.mk:559: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/root/res/images/charger/battery_fail.png'
build/core/base_rules.mk:559: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/root/res/images/charger/battery_fail.png'
build/core/base_rules.mk:559: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/system/xbin/wget'
external/busybox/Android.mk:171: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/system/xbin/wget'
find: ‘dummy’: No such file or directory
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES device/lge/msm8226-common/rootdir/init.qcom.rc:root/init.qcom.rc ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES device/lge/msm8226-common/rootdir/ueventd.qcom.rc:root/ueventd.qcom.rc ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES device/lge/msm8226-common/rootdir/init.qcom.ril.sh:system/etc/init.qcom.ril.sh ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES device/lge/msm8226-common/gps/etc/gps.conf:system/etc/gps.conf ignored.
build/core/Makefile:46: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/system/lib/hw/nfc.default.so'
build/core/base_rules.mk:559: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/system/lib/hw/nfc.default.so'
No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE x5
target Pack Relocations: libdl (/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libdl_intermediates/PACKED/libdl.so)
target thumb C: busybox <= external/busybox/libbb/xfuncs_printf.c
INFO: Compaction                 : 0 bytes
INFO: Too few relocations to pack after alignment
target thumb C: busybox <= external/busybox/libbb/endofname.c
target thumb C: busybox <= external/busybox/libbb/in_ether.c
target thumb C: busybox <= external/busybox/libbb/nuke_str.c
In file included from external/busybox/libbb/endofname.c:11:
In file included from external/busybox/include/libbb.h:13:
In file included from external/busybox/include/platform.h:524:
In file included from external/busybox/include/android.h:15:
bionic/libm/include/math.h:170:1: warning: unknown attribute '__artificial__' ignored [-Wunknown-attributes]
__BIONIC_MATH_INLINE(double fabs(double x) { return __builtin_fabs(x); })
^
bionic/libm/include/math.h:24:114: note: expanded from macro '__BIONIC_MATH_INLINE'
#define __BIONIC_MATH_INLINE(__def) extern __inline__ __always_inline __attribute__((gnu_inline)) __attribute__((__artificial__)) __def
                                                                                                                 ^
In file included from external/busybox/libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:23:
bionic/libm/include/math.h:170:1: warning: unknown attribute '__artificial__' ignored [-Wunknown-attributes]
^
bionic/libm/include/math.h:24:114: note: expanded from macro '__BIONIC_MATH_INLINE'
#define __BIONIC_MATH_INLINE(__def) extern __inline__ __always_inline __attribute__((gnu_inline)) __attribute__((__artificial__)) __def
                                                                                                                 ^
bionic/libm/include/math.h:289:1: warning: unknown attribute '__artificial__' ignored [-Wunknown-attributes]
__BIONIC_MATH_INLINE(float fabsf(float x) { return __builtin_fabsf(x); })
^
                                                                                                                 ^
bionic/libm/include/math.h:289:1: warning: unknown attribute '__artificial__' ignored [-Wunknown-attributes]
^
                                                                                                                 ^
bionic/libm/include/math.h:377:1: warning: unknown attribute '__artificial__' ignored [-Wunknown-attributes]
__BIONIC_MATH_INLINE(long double fabsl(long double x) { return __builtin_fabsl(x); })
^
                                                                                                                 ^
bionic/libm/include/math.h:377:1: warning: unknown attribute '__artificial__' ignored [-Wunknown-attributes]
__BIONIC_MATH_INLINE(long double fabsl(long double x) { return __builtin_fabsl(x); })
^
                                                                                                                 ^
In file included from external/busybox/libbb/in_ether.c:10:
^
                                                                                                                 ^
^
                                                                                                                 ^
^
                                                                                                                 ^
In file included from external/busybox/libbb/nuke_str.c:12:
^
                                                                                                                 ^
^
                                                                                                                 ^
^
                                                                                                                 ^
external/busybox/libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:652:25: error: format string is not a string literal (potentially insecure) [-Werror,-Wformat-security]
                bb_perror_msg_and_die("vfork"+1);
                                      ^~~~~~~~~
3 warnings and 1 error generated.
build/core/binary.mk:825: recipe for target '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/obj/EXECUTABLES/busybox_intermediates/libbb/xfuncs_printf.o' failed
make: *** [/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/x5/obj/EXECUTABLES/busybox_intermediates/libbb/xfuncs_printf.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
3 warnings generated.
3 warnings generated.
3 warnings generated.
make: Leaving directory '/home/ph0enix_216/android/cm-13.0'

#### make failed to build some targets (02:57 (mm:ss)) ####

ph0enix_216@Skippy:~/android/cm-13.0$

I can't exactly tell what's going on here, but from what I can tell, it looks like something is going wrong when I'm trying to build busybox.

Reactions: andMego
Upvote 0
When you mean orientation you mean putting the phone on its side? Because that works perfectly fine for me on every side
Which steps did you use to install? When I'm holding portrait it thinks the right side is down. Holding the left side down, it thinks it's in portrait.

Also want to confirm you're using 1228 instead of 0819

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which steps did you use to install? When I'm holding portrait it thinks the right side is down. Holding the left side down, it thinks it's in portrait.

Also want to confirm you're using 1228 instead of 0819
I dirty flashed over my cm13 setup and it was the 12/28 build. It was working for a little bit then it started to do what you said so I went back to my cm13 backup.

Edit: I can confirm that rotation on the 8/19 build works perfectly fine, it never stopped working for me so far over the past month I've been using it. Since you said those 2 builds were pretty much identical I just assumed rotation also was fine on the 12/28 build

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the recent demise of CM and rebirth as Lineage, I thought it appropriate to create a new thread. So here we are, Lineage OS 13 on the LG Volt LS740.

Note that for now it's nearly identical to CyanogenMod since it's a complete fork.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now potentially void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 * That's not to say I won't try to help if you're polite about it ;-)
 */

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4h7kh17e09711a0/cm-13.0-20161228-UNOFFICIAL-x5.zip
MD5: 895EEEB338FEA9062B4904DEA39B66FC

Partially Working:
Compass (backward)
Orientation (rotated 90 degrees)
NFC
models with IMX111/IMX179 front camera may exhibit green tint. IMX219 is OK.

Not working:
Proximity Sensor
DT2W

If you need orientation and proximity working, try this instead. Tradeoff: NFC and compass are completely broken, rotation stops after a few days, and the ROM is out of date.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b39ptx5sgu6u9iu/cm-13.0-20160819-UNOFFICIAL-x5.zip
MD5: 1468A8CC4253BB16C0E8F8A219E74FF3

These builds also support F2FS for the data and cache positions. Using it can speed up your phone a bit more. The noticeable difference is the time it takes to open apps. See the TWRP 3.0.2 thread for details.

Installation:
If starting fresh:
  1. I highly recommend that you get an SD Card
  2. Root your phone
  3. Download an app to flash a recovery image. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.twrp.twrpapp&hl=en or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools&hl=en
  4. Install a recovery. TWRP 3.0.2 recommended, or CM Recovery
  5. Optional, use Titanium Backup or Helium to back up your apps and data.
  6. Reboot to recovery.
  7. Optional but very highly recommended, make a backup. If you lose something, I will laugh at you.
  8. Wipe cache, dalvik-cache, system, and data
  9. Flash the ROM
  10. Flash GAPPS http://opengapps.org/ (6.0)
  11. Many find that the stock APNs don't work (needed for 4G access), so you might need to flash an APN. Sprint/VM/Boost or RingPlus
  12. Reboot to system
  13. If you backed up your apps at step 5, use the same app to restore.
A note on using Titanium Backup with Android 6, it won't let you directly access the SD Card. You must click Menu, Preferences, Backup Folder Location, (click to change) next to Storage Provider, DocumentProvider, ..., Show SD Card, hamburger, sdcard1, SELECT (DO NOT select a folder), from backup folder location find your TitaniumBackup folder on your SD Card, then USE THE CURRENT FOLDER.

If upgrading from one of my builds (unless I indicate you need to do a full wipe):
  1. Reboot to recovery
  2. Optionally but recommended, make a backup
  3. Flash the ROM update
  4. Flash your APN
  5. Wipe Cache/Dalvik
  6. Reboot to system
  7. ???
  8. Profit

Acknowledgements/Thanks:
@Bad_MOFO_33
@whoshotjr2006
@Ph0enix_216
@ShapeShifter499
Quarx2k
vm03
NikitaProAndroid
invisiblek

Previous life of this ROM: http://androidforums.com/threads/just-throwing-this-out-there-cm13-for-g2-mini-sources.977839/
Sorry I don't know how to get a log report but I flashed the new build & every apk I open goes horizontal! & here's another thing I flashed the newest twrp, well when restoring my backup I also had to flash the aroma installer & it didn't work normally.

Upvote 0
Sorry I don't know how to get a log report but I flashed the new build & every apk I open goes horizontal! & here's another thing I flashed the newest twrp, well when restoring my backup I also had to flash the aroma installer & it didn't work normally.
You can use this to get a log report https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
What do you mean it goes horizontal?
I don't think you were ever supposed to be able to use aroma installers on this phone.

Upvote 0
Rotation is pointed out in the OP as a known issue.

What are you installing via aroma?

Reactions: Radic
Upvote 0
Rotation is pointed out in the OP as a known issue.

What are you installing via aroma?
I was attempting to installed "Change Of Jinzo's" APN fix that I've flashed for months n months & this is the1st time I've tried flashing anything since upgrading to the new TWRP, & the APN fix is aroma installer, or it always is for me anyway!

Upvote 0
I've been using cm12+ for quite some time now on my device but I never bothered to sign up. Hi! lol
Gonna be watching this thread closely, i thought rom support ended for this device because:
- CM died and rose back as Lineage (at first i thought they were gone forever)
- Blisspop 6 has been down forever (and idk if they even support the volt on android 6)
- Most roms for the device is android 5.1.1 and old and either has playback issues, camera issues or wifi deep sleep issues.

But anyways, cheers looking forward to progress.

OFF TOPIC:
I'm using cm-13.0-20160818-UNOFFICIAL-x5 as of right now and i'm thinking of flashing cm-13.0-20160819-UNOFFICIAL-x5 because i heard it was more stable, but has it fixed the wifi deep sleep issue? i want my phone to always be connected to the wifi if it's available as i don't use sim data.

Upvote 0
Reactions: griimnak
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones