• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Unofficial] BlissROM-Q v12.12 (Android 10) for "sofiap" Moto G Stylus

bcrichster

ROMinator
Recognized Developer
Jan 23, 2013
Florida
qtDlAth.png

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you
BlissRoms based on Android 10

Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.
Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.

:: Screenshots ::

20210113_175500.jpg

20210113_175535.jpg

20210113_175507.jpg

20210113_175514.jpg

20210113_175623.jpg

M8leihh.png

BlissROM Download
Latest TWRP recovery Download

Moto G Stylus Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145709395

Cz6L1rZ.png

Installing from Android 10 Rom's.

- Install latest TWRP
- Flash BlissROM
- Reboot bootloader & type:
- fastboot -w to WIPE DATA
- Reboot to System and #StayBlissful
:: (OPTIONAL, after ROM fully boots) ::
- Reboot back into TWRP recovery to install / flash desired Magisk &/or gapps

aWICthQ.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you and our team quite some time.

- Download the app from the Play Store.

- There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.

- After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.

- Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.

- As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.

- Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin

- Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.

A7JONTD.png

BlissRoms Github
BlissRoms Gerrit
BlissRoms Device Sources
BlissRoms Kernel Source

wwdX3pH.png

BlissRoms Website
Bliss Blog
BlissRoms Facebook
BlissRoms Twitter
BlissRoms Instagram
BlissRoms Telegram Group

Moto G Stylus Telegram Channel
BlissRoms Announcements Telegram Channel
Bliss Wiki

If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link

myCEQmI.png

@Jackeagle
@Electrikjesus
@Rohanpurohit
@rwaterspf1
@Makaveli_da_dev
@ElfinJNoty
@BitOBSessiOn
@customworx
@nilac
@sixohtew
@aclegg2011
@Roger.T
@T.M.Wrath
@kanttii
@rev3nt3ch
@techfreak243
@SuperDroidBond
@USA_RedDragon
@bcrichster
@deadmanxXD
@krittin98
@blackscorpion
@techexhibeo
@Droidbot
@siphonay
@pacer456
@nitin1438
@theGeekyLad
@kunalshah912
@lordarcadius
@AryanAA

A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, topjohnwu (Magisk) @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful

Attachments

• 20210113_175507.jpg
    20210113_175507.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
I haven't rooted anything for a few years now, (guess that means I'm out of date/ un-aware of the the newer methods) but I do have a g stylus with a cracked screen I haven't fixed yet. Let me know when you're ready for beta.

And is this rom carrier specific or meant for unlocked phones like what I have. (I only purchase unlocked phones.)
The ROM should actually work for all 3 the newer G models: the G Fast "rav", G Stylus "sofiap', and G8 Power "sofiar", last I knew. Unlockable phones are a plus, some ppl working on experimenting/adding newer MVNO's APN to the apn.xml for a much needed 2020 update (if they're successful and we get lucky)

Upvote 0
The ROM should actually work for all 3 the newer G models: the G Fast "rav", G Stylus "sofiap', and G8 Power "sofiar", last I knew. Unlockable phones are a plus, some ppl working on experimenting/adding newer MVNO's APN to the apn.xml for a much needed 2020 update (if they're successful and we get lucky)

My interest is piqued, not sure I'm ready for alpha testing, (as I'm considering offering one of the two I have to a friend) but I'd be willing to consider beta ...

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Tried the 'telegram' like, what I get is just a standard 401 error page.
Make sure ya have Telegram or TelegramX installed, it opens right up. Haven't tried browser version since I just use their binary installer on Linux.
Join «Moto G Stylus/G Pro | Official™» on Telegram: https://t.me/MotoGStylus

Upvote 0
I have used this for a few days and it works pretty good. I have no issue with it. It is missing the FM Radio and the stylus pop up menu. I did notice an odd visual when unlocking the screen, the background moves off screen for a second.
Ty- for the info! I'll be trying to add the FMradio in next build..

Reactions: BrickHouse
Upvote 0
Dude I totally forgot you told me you built this!! I'm stuck on stock months now because I need USB screen mirroring and that's broken in all the customs I've tried. I was setting up to build myself and try to get it fixed so I messaged you in telegram a few hours ago @bcrichster . Then I suddenly remembered so came to check androidforums. Does anyone know if the corded screen mirroring is working on this?

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Dude! I thought I saw at least 6 ROMs for the Stylus in here yesterday. I must've seen popular threads at the bottom or something...is there really only your 2 @bcrichster ? I know its a dumb question, but I just showed up and I thought I saw a bunch. Well, at least there are 2. And at least they're Bliss.Thanks and much appreciated, @bcrichster

I guess I'm sad. Last time i was on androidforums this place was hoppin'. I would've thought, with the current Android root situation, that the Moto threads would be on fire. I came to read and there's only 3 threads for this badass rootable phone? I'll start passing out flyers in my neighborhood I guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones