• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [Unofficial CM11] (Still in development)

Why's the zip so large? RIL files usually arent that big. Did you include a whole rom by accident? Or is it not compressed. Just asking cause if its a rom it could mess up my phone.
It's the working cm11 rom with the samsung ril stuff removed and with the stock ril stuff added. Ubuntu wouldn't let me set the compression level so that's why it's so big.

Reactions: starkraving
Upvote 0
It's the working cm11 rom with the samsung ril stuff removed and with the stock ril stuff added. Ubuntu wouldn't let me set the compression level so that's why it's so big.

Well it boots and the major issues I've found is that it appears to be a GSM rom... All the apns are Att, there's no VM apn and there's no voice or cdma connectivity. Camera causes a shutdown reboot. Can't find developers options/USB debugging...

Upvote 0
yep better than the venture your elite better then the venthre by far lol

I came from a captivate, the awe blows it away, benchmarks are really good too :)
uzy3yme4.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm open to flashing my Awe, I don't mind taking that much of a risk.

Also I think I might start looking into ROM development, my only issue is that I don't know the whole layout in its entirety which is usually where I'd struggle until knowing. Programming wouldn't be much of a challenge though as I am proficient in Java, and a few other languages, just not C (which is what the most part the ROM is in besides the Android frontend and apps, from what I know). Also compiling stuff would be a breeze due to my computer.

Upvote 0
I'm open to flashing my Awe, I don't mind taking that much of a risk.

Also I think I might start looking into ROM development, my only issue is that I don't know the whole layout in its entirety which is usually where I'd struggle until knowing. Programming wouldn't be much of a challenge though as I am proficient in Java, and a few other languages, just not C (which is what the most part the ROM is in besides the Android frontend and apps, from what I know). Also compiling stuff would be a breeze due to my computer.
Why did you go and make jealous of your computer. It sounds like rom development will be easy for you once you research.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones